Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
The Queen and her Armed Forces
Post The Queen and her Armed Forces 
What I would like you guys (and gals) to do is to read this and comment.

http://www.royal.gov.uk/output/Page4698.asp

I am not a huge fan of Royalty but I swore an oath of allegiance to Her Majesty on May 7th 1956 and that I will always abide by, but there is a huge problem here that I cannot come to terms with. How is it that I have been a loyal subject of Her Majesty in my 67 + years but she in turn is not allowing me to wear a foreign medal conveyed by a King of a former Colony and now a Commonwealth Member, namely Malaya/Malaysia.

It is highly questionable whether HM The Queen has ACTUALLY signed by her own hand a document prepared by Her Government to prevent 35000 ex Malaya/Malaysian UK Veterans from wearing the PJM medal. I have it in writing from The Cabinet Office leaving an element of doubt to this effect, I am awaiting a further reply on this matter and will pursue it ad infinitum have no fears. This time I have asked The Cabinet Office for a straight YES/NO answer.

If the Queen has not signed the document in her own hand, but it is undertaken by The Royal Prerogative for which I have a copy also from The Cabinet Office, then by wearing the PJM I cannot be discourteous to Her Majesty.

This coming Sunday I will be at Duxford, I will of course observe the two minutes silence, I will wear my own PJM on my left breast and my fathers (posthumous) PJM on my right breast, both are in memory to ALL those Malayan/Malaysian ex Servicemen whether alive or not and whether in receipt of the PJM or not.

Until I have that categorical assurance by HMG that HMQ signed this document by her own hand then I cannot be discourteous to Ma'am, if HMG refuse to give me that absolute Yes/No answer I nor anyone else is breaking any rule concocted by this or previous Governments.

If Her Majesty did sign this document with her own hand, then I shall have to wear my fathers PJM in his memory and my own in the memory of those many thousands who cannot respond in person and who would like to do so. What a dilemma, what an absolute disgrace and what an absolute Balls-up!

I see we are now being informed that The Queen has signed the document, trouble is that no one in HMG can support that claim, my query is still with The Information Commissioner but I suppose we will get more fudge than can be found in seaside towns in Devon Confused

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1