Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
PJMers List of Concerns - A Final Billet Doux
Post PJMers List of Concerns - A Final Billet Doux 
It would be very good news if this letter turned out to be my last to those involved in the PJM decision. The result of their considerations is due this month.

The letter has been sent to Messrs Brennan (Cabinet Office), Edge (Foreign Office) and Keith (Mod) ... plus all members of the HD Committee.

http://www.fight4thepjm.org/Correspondence/Brennan_2ndUpdate_PJMers_Issues_061106.pdf

Plus this Enclosure listing some PJMers Concerns:

http://www.fight4thepjm.org/Correspondence/PJM_Appeal_List_of_Supporters_Issues_061106.pdf

Post Re: HD committee members 
George F wrote:
. . .copies to members of the HD committee.

Coming up to review time its good to let these eight members know the veterans views and feelings on this very controversial issue.

This is an important point, George.

The doors may have been slammed for replies from them, but they must not stop us sending civil letters with our questions and genuine concerns.

There is still time for supporters to say it as they see it.

Thanks for your continuing support at this critical time.

Barry

Post Re: PJMers List of Concerns - A Final Billet Doux 
BarryF wrote:
The letter has been sent to Messrs Brennan (Cabinet Office), Edge (Foreign Office) and Keith (Mod) ... plus all members of the HD Committee.

Barry, That letter is great. It tells them that the Fight4thePJM campaign is a one-off and it confirms that if the result is positive, we can all go home. That is how it should be. We do not have any other plan. Our exit strategy is clear. I hope they have one!

You have made our reasons for fighting on equally clear.

Quote:
BarryF wrote:

Completely in agreement with the sentiments expressed in this letter....and, in addition, I find it most interesting to note that, given the list of 'objections' attached, it would appear that the HD Committee, not being content with past mistakes that they have made with regard to previous medals, such as the 'Suez Medal'...they actually managed to invent a whole bunch of new mistakes to boot!....No-one can say they are not thorough.

Strange how quirks of fate turn up, today in Felixstowe Town Centre I came across a work colleague in Civvy Street from 10 years ago and previously at Seletar on the same squadron with me in 1958, we were reminiscing about the PJM and said that he wished he had his in time for Remembrance Sunday as he said he would wear illegally his PJM that the Queen disapproves of next to this The Sultan of Johores Coronation Medal which she so graciously approved all those years ago, talk about double meddling! (sic)

Nothing short of brilliant . . . talk about double meddling! (sic)

John, These letters are inspired by the Fight4thePJM supporters. The concerns listed are those of the Fight4thePJM supporters. And so it is all down to those supporters.

En passant, I was particularly interested to see a couple of 'concerns' from a certain 'jc'! I could only list a few contributors with a few concerns - which is just as well because in your pivotal role in leading this fight, I suspect that you could have penned this list yourself ... and more.

Thanks for your continuing support at this critical time.

Barry

John Cooper wrote:
. . . talk about double meddling! (sic)

PS That is a very interesting example of double muddled meddling. It does indeed make you 'sic'! Can I use it on the Second Update ... if we are forced to continue to fight?

'Jock' Fenton wrote:
. . . a whole bunch of new mistakes to boot!....No-one can say they are not thorough.

Jock,

Was that you who JohnC found wandering around Felixstowe today? Lost? Another Senior moment? Same surname, I see.

Those involved in this discredited recommendation have a track record of making confused decisions to suit their agenda on any given day. There is no consistency. Their current blunders beggar belief. Thorough? They are 'experts' - and we all know what those are!

Thanks for your support.

Barry

They are 'experts' - and we all know what those are!

In the line of work in which I was involved (in a previous existence!) it was popularly noted that:

'Today's expert = Tomorrow's bloody fool!"

PS That is a very interesting example of double muddled meddling. It does indeed make you 'sic'! Can I use it on the Second Update ... if we are forced to continue to fight?

Yes Barry, Lloyd Fenton has given permission to place these on the website. When he receives his PJM I will have a word with 'our lady' at the local press office with Lloyd and his three medals

1957-1960 The GSM with clasp Malaya...........which officially he can wear

1959 The Sultan of Johores Coronation Medal, a Foreign Award where the Queen has given Lloyd Unrestricted wear

2004-2006 The Pingat Jasa Malaysia where he may receive the medal but not able to wear it

Now Chris Edge knows about this but cannot make any comment on, perhaps he doesn't want to comment on or can't be bothered to comment on or perhaps has his hands are tied where he is told he cannot comment on. If you was to go into any psychiatric asylum and told the inmates this they would ALL understand the reasoning but no one with a little bit of nous can understand what the Hell is this all about, it really beggars belief, only HMG can trump up rules which ridicules them in the eyes of the world!

'Jock' Fenton wrote:
it would appear that the HD Committee, not being content with past mistakes that they have made with regard to previous medals, such as the 'Suez Medal'...they actually managed to invent a whole bunch of new mistakes to boot!....No-one can say they are not thorough.

Not only but also....I feerl that they are going to utter a few more 'new' mistakes this month.

They never learn.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1