Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Reward

John

Aye, you have to keep your eye on these thing! Rolling Eyes

Post Another kick in the nuts 
I have just seen a report from Afghanistan on BBC News 24 which was said to be showing that our troops were not only there to rid the country of the Taliban but also to help in rebuilding democracy. The report focussed on a programme of rehabilitation for Afghan drug addicts who are receiving OVER HALF A MILLION POUNDS OF BRITISH TAXPAYERS MONEY just for this purpose! What about OUR sick, who can't get crucial treatment for life threatening diseases as IT IS TOO EXPENSIVE? What about our elderly who have to sell their homes, to pay for health care? What sort of anti-British tw*ts have we elected as our so-called Government? Obviously the same anti-British tw*ts who only care about looking good in the eyes of the world and for whom British Citizens have no value! TROOPS OUT, LABOUR OUT!!! Come the revolution, and it WILL come one day, these t**ts will be queueing up for the dance at a ropes end, PROMISE!!! I for one , am sick and tired of being treated like sh*t, by sh*t. The next freeloading political pygmy who comes knocking on my door asking for my vote, wil be going away with both his ears and his arse on fire!!!!! END OF RANT (FOR TODAY) Regards to all of you, Dave.

Try this one...
Definition of 'Free'....allowed, permitted, unrestricted, unimpeded, having liberty, not in bondage, released from strict law (definitions courtesy of the Collins Dictionary).
Therefore this might be appropriate....

THE DECLARATION OF ARBROATH
'It is in truth not for glory, nor riches that we are fighting, but for freedom--for that alone which no honest man gives up but with life itself.....Given at the monastery of Arbroath in Scotland on the sixth day of the month of April in the year of grace thirteen hundred and twenty'.

All of the above definitions have been breached by the Men In Black, therefore we no longer have a free Britain, its citizens are no longer free and therefore there exists no democracy. How can we bring freedom and democracy to other countries when we do not have this in our own country? The Fight For The PJM is one more fight for freedom, your right to have and wear.
The Declaration of Arbroath has stood the test of time and is as relevant now as it was all those years ago.

Post Re: Another kick in the nuts 
[quote="Dave Cooke"]I have just seen a report from Afghanistan on BBC News 24 which was said to be showing that our troops were not only there to rid the country of the Taliban but also to help in rebuilding democracy. The report focussed on a programme of rehabilitation for Afghan drug addicts who are receiving OVER HALF A MILLION POUNDS OF BRITISH TAXPAYERS MONEY just for this purpose! What about OUR sick, who can't get crucial treatment for life threatening diseases as IT IS TOO EXPENSIVE? What about our elderly who have to sell their homes, to pay for health care? What sort of anti-British tw*ts have we elected as our so-called Government? Obviously the same anti-British tw*ts who only care about looking good in the eyes of the world and for whom British Citizens have no value! TROOPS OUT, LABOUR OUT!!! Come the revolution, and it WILL come one day, these t**ts will be queueing up for the dance at a ropes end, PROMISE!!! I for one , am sick and tired of being treated like sh*t, by sh*t. The next freeloading political pygmy who comes knocking on my door asking for my vote, wil be going away with both his ears and his arse on fire!!!!! END OF RANT (FOR TODAY) Regards to all of you, Dave.[/quote]

SURPRISED IT WASN'T LOTTERY MONEY,NEVER MIND TAXPAYERS,APPARENTLY THERE IS IN EXCESS OF £2.BILLION (REPEAT)£2.BILLION,OF THIS LOTTERY MONEY,JUST SAT IN THE BANK,DOING NOTHING,AND GUESS WHAT FUNDING INITIALLY FOR A MEMORIAL TO ALL THOSE WHO HAVE DIED IN SERVICE,SINCE THE WORLD WAR TWO'S END,16000+AND WILL CONTINUE TO RISE; WAS REFUSED Exclamation STUFF AFGHANISTAN,WE NEED TROOPS HERE TO RESTORE DEMOCRACY, I DID ASK FOR AN INTERVIEW, WITH THE TALIBAN MINISTER OF CULTURE & TOURISM RECENTLY,HE WAS UNAVAILABLE FOR COMMENT,AS HE WAS JUST TOO BUSY,RAMMING R.P.G. ROUNDS INTO SOME STATUES,FOLLOWED BY AN AFTERNOON OF MUTILATION,TOPPED OFF BY A EVENING HANGING SESSION,WITH THE COMPANY J.C.B.THIS MY FRIENDS IS THE PARADISE,SOME OF OUR RANTING MASSES WANT,I THINK I'LL APPLY FOR A LOTTERY GRANT,AS I'M BECOMING RADICALIZED,NO 'KIN MADRASSA FOR ME,BEST WISHES NICK Exclamation

THE DECLARATION OF ARBROATH
'It is in truth not for glory, nor riches that we are fighting, but for freedom--for that alone which no honest man gives up but with life itself.....Given at the monastery of Arbroath in Scotland on the sixth day of the month of April in the year of grace thirteen hundred and twenty'.

Most surprised to read 'Petenic's quotation from 'The Declaration of Arbroath' on this Forum...for 'Petenic' and any other interested party...if you will read the list of signatories to that 1320 Declaration you will find among them, my ancestor, and namesake, 'John Fenton'.

So, after almost 7 centuries, at least one Fenton is still fighting "not for glory, nor riches, but for freedom."

Surprise!! If I'm correct your ancestor and namesake was one of the original signatories who put his name to the original Latin document sent to Avigon.
The wording of the deleration is still as relevent today for all honest men fighting for a belief and a right, which this campaign most surely is.

You are indeed correct 'Petenic'....but on that Latin document his name is inscribed as 'Johannes de Fentoun'(or perhaps transcribed would be more accurate since the document was copied multiple times...A copy still exists in the National Archives in Edinburgh) ....'Fenton' doesn't have the same cachet as 'de Fentoun' somehow?

Aye and remember any 'State where only the Police have guns is indeed a Police State'

mmmmm......

Oh dear and there was I getting ready to start my re-election campaign for the 2007 elections!!! Good job Dave is not a resident in my ward I wouldn't feel safe knocking on his door. But I agree with just about everything that he says!!!!!!!!

John

Oh dear and there was I getting ready to start my re-election campaign for the 2007 elections!!! Good job Dave is not a resident in my ward I wouldn't feel safe knocking on his door. But I agree with just about everything that he says!!!!!!!!

John
You would be quite safe at my door John, I have my list of freeloading, anti-British political pygmies and you're not on it! Regards, Dave.

Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2