Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
The Missing Link
Post The Missing Link 
Hundreds of people contribute to this web site which is now regarded as "the centre of learning" (I quote a Whitehall mandarin, so that has to be right) on the matter of the Pingat Jasa Malaysia.

All the information provided here can be used by anyone, subject to any posted copyright notice.

However, we are witnessing more and more examples of items from this web site being "cut 'n' pasted " on to other web sites and forums and some contibutors have asked that I make this plea...

It would be much appreciated if, instread of cutting and pasting someone else's hard work, the information is promulgated by the simple technique of a link back to the relevant page on www.fight4thePJM.org. That way, we all benefit. The word is spread ... and we receive more visits and more support.

Thank you for you cooperation.

And, most importantly, thank you for your continuing support.

Barry

COULDN'T RESIST,THANK YOU TO THE UNKNOWN MANDARIN, WHO REGARDS THIS AS A 'CENTRE OF LEARNING',WE PJMer's HAVE FOR A LONG TIME KNOWN WHERE THE CENTRE OF CONFUSION IS Wink

Post Re: The Missing Link 
George F wrote:
The very fact the http://www.fight4thepjm.org/ may not be added in my case is forgetfullness not deliberate.

George,

I understand what you are saying.

We do not want to inhibit anyone from spreading the word, that is what this web site encourages.

Placing a link back to us from wherever text is copied will also encourage further visits to our web site.

On another positive note, in the last 8 months we have had over 75,000 visits to www.fight4thePJM.org! That's about 10,000 a month. Bearing in mind we do not advertise the site, that level of interest is stunning.

What I can never understand is why when people copy and paste and 'lift' photographs from newspapers, the source is not identified or credit not given to the copyright holder. I had such an incident this week where someone used a photo of mine on his Weblog, strange really that he wasn't even born when I took the pic in 1959!

This might help explaining part of a complex subject http://www.semg.org.uk/copyright.html

The only discussion I am getting into here is that this forum is to debate the PJM and to put right an injustice, nothing more nothing less.

The only discussion I am getting into here is that this forum is to debate the PJM and to put right an injustice, nothing more nothing less.

Thanks, JohnC, for those timely words of wisdom.

We need to focus on the issue and our case.

Barry

George,

Yes it is beneficial to spread the word if you do not insert into the article your own opinion ie. you posted one of my articles on the fight4 site into an army site and headed it 'Jock McDangle's son Laurie lives in Malaysia'. Laurie is not my son. My son is another who lives in Malaysia. Sorry Laurie Bean!

'ello Dad.

I saw that one this morning (my time) while trawling through other sites.

I remember reading the letter from Tunku Shah at the time of its posting and of thinking how terrific it was for him to contribute.
However, as a matter of protocol I think it appropriate to clarify that Malaysia does not have 'The Malaysian Royal Family' as stated in postings here.
Malaysia is made up of a number of Sultantates, each Royalty in their own right, with the exception of Melaka and Penang, (who have a head appointed under the Chief Minister, a Government appointment). States with Sultans have a Mentri Besar appointed from the Government.
The council of Sultans meet and elect the next Yang De Pertuan Agong, (King of Malaysia and his sons as Regents),normally every five years. The appointment is normally also conducted on a rotation basis between the Sultans.
Thought this might be useful for future need/reference. Don't think want to offend anyone in Malaysia.

Absolutely correct 'Petenic'....on all counts! I'm sure that none of us would wish to cause any offence by virtue of our ignorance...your clarification of the Sultanates is explicit and will prove helpful as a timely reminder to those who 'are not quite up to speed' in their understanding of Malaysian Royalty....Presumably it was not as widely read as might have been hoped, but this information was previously posted for the information, education and edification of all by LaurieB...I copy his post below.

Quote:
John, a member of one of the royal families, Johor. There are 11 states in West Malaysia and 9 of those have a seperate and distinct royal family. The only 2 states in the peninsular that don't have royals are the former Crown colonies, Penang and Malacca.

Incidentally, Tunku Mahmood Shah is a most friendly and gracious individual with whom to deal...I have never had the pleasure of meeting him in person, but have exchanged correspondence with him on numerous occasions.

Cheers Jock, and I am sure no offence would be taken by these most gracious and kind individuals.My apologies to LaurieB as I didn't see his original post covering this issue. Just thought it worthwhile in light of some errors with a posting that I noticed. I also have not met Tunku Mahmood Shah but know of him, and understand he is very well respected. My contact is with the Sultans and their families in Negri Sembelan, Melaka and up north on the Thai border and all support the campaign to allow you chaps to wear the PJM. This issue is normally the first topic of conversation after I have ordered the "Teh Tarik"!!

Thanks 'Petenic'.....it is most interesting and indeed, heartening, to hear of such interest in ' high places' of our struggle for justice...I just wish I could be around when you order up that 'Teh Tarik'...(well do I remember the pouring process!)...so that I could chip in with a 'Lagi Satu' for myself....well perhaps not?...after 40 odd years a Canadian, I'm much more comfortable with 'Kopi Kehitaman'.

Cheers...

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1