Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Postal Presentation.
Post Postal Presentation. 
The original of Andy's message with some brillianr new has, for no accounatble reason, gone AWOL.

mcdangle wrote:

This morning, Mr. Bell, an employee of the Royal Mail, presented me with my PJM medal beautifully
supplied in a presentation box with metal inscription on the inside of the lid. Still in pyjamas, I thanked Mr. Bell most sincerely for the safe delivery of my medal. He told me his father served in Malaya with the KOSB so I told him to get in touch if he required any information about the PJM.
What surprised me is the Citation I received with my medal. I am so proud of it that I am going to have it framed. I think all those Boys Brigade (BB - British Bureaucrats!!) members should be sent a copy of this Citation, particularly the Honours and Decorations Committee now renamed the Honours, Decorations and Medals Committee (by Elleri Pengelly, Cabinet Office).

Last edited by BarryF on Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:58 pm; edited 4 times in total

Firstly Andy, congratulations on receiving your PJM, this award is really a terrific way of saying thank you from a very friendly people and nation. Parhaps Mr Coney ought to see the KEEPSAKE or SOUVENIR,

The citation is great, as Barry says 'we all want one.........' I wonder if this is something new, wear it with pride mate and let everyone in Scotland see it for themselves, someday soon!

Awrabest...

CONGRATS FROM ME TOO,I HOPE YOUR PYJAMAS HAD RAZOR SHARP CREASES IN THEM ,AND THAT YOU COULD SEE YOUR FACE IN YOUR SLIPPERS!

Post Re: Postal Presentation. 
mcdangle wrote:
This morning, Mr. Bell, an employee of the Royal Mail, presented me with my PJM medal beautifully
supplied in a presentation box with metal inscription on the inside of the lid. Still in pyjamas, I thanked Mr. Bell most sincerely for the safe delivery of my medal. He told me his father served in Malaya with the KOSB so I told him to get in touch if he required any information about the PJM.
What surprised me is the Citation I received with my medal. I am so proud of it that I am going to have it framed. I think all those Boys Brigade (BB - British Bureaucrats!!) members should be sent a copy of this Citation, particularly the Honours and Decorations Committee now renamed the Honours, Decorations and Medals Committee (by Elleri Pengelly, Cabinet Office).

Had to repost that brillaint Citation, Andy.

Congratulations to you.

I wanna Citation, too, natch! But, I am happy to wait for mine and to simply enjoy this moment of pleasure.

Post Postal Presentation 
Congratulations to Andy from me also.

I would like to ask though, did he have a telephone call from the Malaysian High Commission first or did the package just arrive out of the blue?

Regards,

Jodakist

Post THANKS. 
Thank you to everyone. The PJM is well worth waiting for and I hope everyone will get their PJM quite soon.

My medal was delivered by the Royal Mail, so does that mean that I have had it delivered and presented on behalf of Her Majesty the Queen - I doubt it.

Pete. Sorry my jimjams were all creased having just emerged from my boudoir when the door bell was sounded, and my slippers were also a bit cacky. Anyway, us jungle bashers of the late 50's did not do so much bull as it was very difficult to hold ones breath under swamp water to polish ones boots.

Yes, the MHC London phoned to check my details.

Andy.

This is good news indeed and those lucky enough to get them in time should make a point of wearing them for Armistice day.

Congratulations

John

Post Re: Other PJM medals in the post 
George F wrote:
I have just been informed by an official authority that a number of other PJM medals have been posted out to UK veterans. They are going out slowly. If any reader to the forum receives a PJM medal or knows of another veteran who received a medal please let the forum know.

George F

George, it is nice to know that the PJM is now being posted out, but I wonder what the situation will be for those who live overseas and applied for the medal through the NMBVA UK.

I live in Australia and when acceptance of the medal was announced, myself, and I am sure other overseas residents, sent our applications to Fred Burden at the NMBVA UK which was the instruction at the time. However, some time later the NMBVA gave an address in Australia where Australian residence could send their application to, so I am now wondering if those early applications that were sent to the NMBVA UK have since been forwarded to the Australian address.

Do you or anybody else know the answer to this question?.

Cheers,

Ken Nichols
Borneo 1964/66

Post Received by post 19.10.06 
I received my PJM by post on Thursday 19th October 2006. It also came by Royal Mail recorded delivery.
Yes the MHC did ring me on Monday 16th October 2006 to check on my details and informed me that I had three options: Having it presented in Malaysia, (could not afford that) having it presented in this country which could take months or even years to arrange or have it posted. I opted for the post. I was then told that I should receive it by the end of the week which I did.
With it I also received the Citation and a form to return to them confirming receipt.
When I got in touch with a company I use to see about having the PJM attached to my other medals, they stated that they are obliged to inform me that the government have stated that it should not be worn but were willing to attach it if I so wanted. I of course said yes.
It has now been sent off with my other medals to be attached ready for remembrance day when I will wear it with pride and at the same time remember those that did not make it back and the families of those lost one's.
I do hope that the rest of those waiting to receive their PJM's get them as soon as possible and good luck to you all.
WEAR THEM WITH PRIDE.

Good news David, certainly worth the wait and wear OUR Medal with pride mate!

I am intrigued by the comment that the company have said that they are obliged to inform you that the government have said that they are not to be attached to state medals! is this an official comment to businesses or is it simply an over zealous employee?

If the former then it is an outragious new development and a total disgrace, if the latter then I would simply have gone elsewhere out of principle but then that is me, I hate any form of 'big brother' interference. If anyone wishes to find a company to have their medals remounted then there is a list of web addresses on the links page of both the Calne RBL and Wiltshire County RBL web sites, the company that do a first class service and also if you wish, gild and chrome your medals in order to save you ever cleaning them again is www.cjmedals.co.uk

Regards

John
www.rblcalne.org.uk
www.rblwiltshire.org

Sorry John C you are right 'Wear OUR medal with pride' and so we shall.

With regard to your comment John I, I got the feeling that the company in question were instructed to inform anyone that made such an enquiry should be told that the government is opposed to the wearing of this award. I will be speaking to them again soon and will endeavour to establish who, if anybody, has told them this or as you say whether it is an over zealous employee. Will hopefully let you know answer as soon as possible.

e-mail sent ref company details.

Sorry John C you are right 'Wear OUR medal with pride' and so we shall.

With regard to your comment John I, I got the feeling that the company in question were instructed to inform anyone that made such an enquiry should be told that the government is opposed to the wearing of this award. I will be speaking to them again soon and will endeavour to establish who, if anybody, has told them this or as you say whether it is an over zealous employee. Will hopefully let you know answer as soon as possible.

David,

If they can supply it, documentary evidence would be very useful. Andy.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next