Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Bully's Beef
Post Re: Bully's Beef 
jim bridges wrote:
It's just as well that people like BarryF ...

Jim,

I'd like to add, though, that I am only one part of a very proactive Fight4thePJM Team that is leading a lively (too lively at times!) association that continues to make massive progress due entirely to the unstinting work of so many supporters around the world.

Our fight is only as good as our support - and I believe that that support is just about as good as it gets. It is truly amazing. For instance, we are now in touch with people in 30 countries and 4 continents.

Thanks for your support.

Barry and the Fight4thePJM Team

Whoops. My geography is as poor as a civil servant's sense of justice. Jock has just pointed out that that should read FIVE, yes FIVE, continents!!

Post REPLY IS RECEIVED. 
KJF wrote:
I have copied the letter and e. mailed it to Lord Hever (JJ Astor) Ex officer in my old regiment, The Life Guards.

It shows me the disdain and unco operative spirit, along with the unwillingness to get to the roots of this issue and provide the answers to the questions they have been sent over a long period of time.
It would seem to me that if money and time is of prime importance then they have the controls to save both. Stop fudging and spinning, while trying to write some legal waffle that they think will baffle us and the general public and be seen as the definative and final answer.

Here is what I wrote to Lord Hever, including the letter he (Barry) received and a link to them and Barry's reply..

Lord Hever. Sir.
May I please point out to you this letter ( See BELOW) sent to Mr Barry Fleming who has carried the standards for ALL of us, including yourself, in the fight to honourably and openly, with Her Majesties permission, to wear our PJM medal.

It would seem to me that this letter is very heavy handed and unwarranted, not only that, a bully tactic, that shows the mean spiritedness of those who's signatures are applied.

I hope you agree and will take steps to bring this sort of obstructional views and letters into question.
The reply from Mr Fleming can be found via the link, I provide.

I for one am very annoyed at the tone and example they are willing to offer the veterans of this country, regardless of their age or service years.

Keith Frape. Ex CoH LG.
South Carolina.

Mr Fleming's reply > http://www.fight4thepjm.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=857

I received this reply earlier and thought you might care to have a shufti as well.. Very Happy
Of course, he IS an ex Life Guard officer and as such will follow the trail wherever it leads, til it is sorted out!
If they go to ground, he will sniff them out..

"Thanks for this & your other email. I apologise for the delay in responding - I have received many emails on this subject.

I am doing my best to clarify this situation & will get back to you, hopefully with some positive news."

Yrs sincerely John Astor.
Lord Astor of Hever, DL
Shadow Minister for Defence
House of Lords
London SW1A 0PW
Tel: 0207 219 5475
Fax: 0207 219 5979
astorjj@parliament.uk

That shows somebody is working the halls and not just sitting with his thumb in B*m and mind in Neutral.

Keith.
________
ZX14 VS HAYABUSA

Last edited by KJF on Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Re: REPLY IS RECEIVED. 
KJF wrote:
That shows somebody is working the halls and not just sitting with his thumb in B*m and mind in Neutral.

That is very encouraging news, Keith.

Thanks for attracting support from such an important connection.

Barry

Post RE: Bully's Beef 
Barry this is my letter to Mr Brennan

Dear Denis Brennan,

May I refer to your letter of the 5th of October to Mr. Barry Fleming, In light of your response to Mr. Fleming, I am moved to make clear my full support for him and the questions he continues to put, certainly on my behalf. I am sure others will speak for themselves. Such questions often arise from the various Reponses he, and many others receive, in trying to understand a decision which in simple terms, is seen to be unfair and contrary to any sense of natural justice,you will be well aware of the decision by the Honours and Decorations Committee to which I refer.

Whilst I can understand your frustration at the overwhelming level of communications Government is receiving on this matter- your response of the 5th of October indicates, I believe, just how much- I hope you will understand that those of us who served our country during the Malaysian 'Emergency' and 'Confrontation' feel deeply and passionately that this decision is inherently wrong.

First the initial refusal of this Government to accept the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal, given in good spirit, from a friendly and honourable nation and the insult that caused, and then after much pressure, to accept it on our behalf but without the formal permission to wear it. All this at the same time as the Governments and Head of State (Her Majesty the Queen) of our commonwealth comrades in arms from Australia, New Zealand etc. accepted with good will, the same award, for the same service, at the same time.

Mr Brennan we are told that there are rules that prevent permission being given, if so, I say show us these rules. No right minded person could look at this situation and say it is fair.

It would cost this country absolutely nothing to make 35,000 Veterans happy and to pay respect to the hundreds of our colleagues who paid the ultimate price, and the many more, who had their lives changed for ever by their injuries in both body and mind.

My contribution to events in Malaya/Malaysia were of little significance, but I have had the honour to communicate with real heroes in this fight. This is why we will continue to fight, will continue to inform others by all lawful means, continue to press for this wrong to be righted.

With respect Mr Brennan, we will not go away, until you say that we can wear with great pride I may had the Pingat Jasa Malaysia, It takes a great man to say that they got it wrong, are you a great man Mr Brennan !!!

Yours sincerely,

Post DEEBEE AGREATMAN 
FROM THE PHOTO'S I'VE SEEN , THE ONLY THING GREAT ABOUT HIM ,IS HIS GIRTH ROUND THE MIDDLE,THIS COMES ABOUT IN THE SERVICE AT THE COUNTER(NOT SERVICE FOR YOUR COUNTRY) OF TOO MANY SUBSIDISED PORK PIE'S, WHILST SAT ON YOUR ARSE,CHEWING THE FAT!!

Post Continents 
Hmmmmm!

A continent is that land area contained on a continental shelf.

There are only three continental shelves on the planet.

But, Hey! Let's not quibble.

Post Re: Continents 
pakbill wrote:
Hmmmmm!

A continent is that land area contained on a continental shelf.

There are only three continental shelves on the planet.

But, Hey! Let's not quibble.

And there was me thinking a 'Continental shift' was a French chemise.

Barry

PS Does your statement suggest that Australasia is still joined at the hip to Lands End?

Post Re: RE: Bully's Beef 
valentine wrote:
Barry this is my letter to Mr Brennan

A great letter, Dennis. I hope it will inspire others to write or send emails:

Mr Denis Brennan
Ceremonial Officer of the Cabinet Office (Secretary)
Ceremonial Secretariat
Cabinet Office
35 Great Smith Street
London
SW1P 3 BQ

E: denis.brennan@cabinet-office.x.gsi.gov.uk
T: 020 276 2770 (check if 0207 ! )
F: 020 7276 2766

Post Re: Continents 
[quote="BarryF"]
pakbill wrote:
Hmmmmm! Does your statement suggest that Australasia is still joined at the hip to Lands End?

Good heavens, I hope not.

In the late 60's I looked for a place to live as far away from those plonkers in Westminter, as I could. And its still not far enough away.

Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2