Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Post .. 

Last edited by ro5=6372 on Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Re: TELL IT LIKE IT IS 
ro5=6372 wrote:
ACT LIKE THEY ARE IN THE CRIMEA.

Let's hope they do if George's message is anything to go by! We'll have formal permission and everything!

ro5=6372 wrote:
AS SEEN BEFORE ON THESE PAGES, STOP THE SPIN, WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE! THANK YOU.

Can't say better than that, either.

We are being reasonably honourable at this stage, no point in copying them, but there are some very angry people on this web site - and we shall vent our anger when we know who's withholding that formal permission IF they do not revoke that declaration. And if 'anger' doesn't do it for you ... watch this space if we do not receive satisfactory answers.

Thanks for your brilliant support.

Barry

Give us a name mate, something to go on! I mean you could be Tony Blurr in drag just egging us all on, no your not really I know from those cryptic clues, welcome aboard........just glad that we are all moderating our language, because God and the Almighty might be watching and the last thing I want to doat my age is to upset the Almighty, God well he's washed up anyway.......................

I wonder how the Secretary of State for Defence, Dr John Reid would view the wearing of the PJM. He was once a Communist the very people that Malay Vets went out to defeat
Rolling Eyes

I wonder how the Secretary of State for Defence, Dr John Reid would view the wearing of the PJM

If he has the same view of the PJM as he has of the Arctic Emblem, he couldn't give a fig if we wear it. He allegedly told a newspaper in a published article that emblem people should wear their unwearable emblem 'if they want to'.

Where has everyone gone? Not given up the cause guys have we? We surely all must know at least one other bod that served in the FAR 40+ years ago, why not contact them and tell them what we are up to, we need to swell our ranks and all move forward one pace, how about it?

Post Abuse of Power. 
Is this non-wearing rule an abuse of power by someone at the very top who has manipulated the rules to suit his own purpose and if so, then disrespect has been shown to our Queen who has deliberately been given the wrong information.
No-one will tell me that Baroness Symonds went to her work one day (11-1-05) and was asked a question about the PJM and she just happened to have the answer with her. She must have had a discussion with the top man before hand. She then went on to quote the government rules and even got them wrong - she said 'All British Citizens require permission from HMG to accept and wear foreign state awards'. NOT SO - Rule 1 states 'No UK Citizen (singular) may accept and wear a foreign award without the SOVEREIGN's permission. Now it is reasonable to assume that the rule means what she said but it does not say that and, in the House of Lords, of all places, the rule should be quoted verbatim as laid down, not left to stupid assumption.
Throughout the rules the word Citizen and award is used (singular) and they read to me that these rules are referring only to individuals ie. Rule 6 - The grant of permission, whether restricted or unrestricted, will be conveyed by LETTER TO THE UK CITIZEN CONCERNED from the Sovereign's Private Secretary. He or she is going to be very busy as they have about 35,000 to send out to Malaysian/Borneo veterans.
Rule 12 also state EACH REQUEST will be treated on a case to case basis.
Soooo we have rules which refer to an award to a Citizen which someone at the top, for reasons best known to himself, has had reviewed so he can find a reason not to give or restrict the PJM.
Also the rules state - Rule 1 - Such permission must be sought AS SOON AS there is an indication that an award may be offered - it took the sods nearly a year to consider this.
The only time MEDAL is used is when Jack Straw uses it.
Rule 9 mentions 'commemorative awards but the Pingat Jasa Malaysia is referred to as a Commemorative Medal so there is a difference.
Their rules just don't hold water and in my humble opinion do not include such a service medal for action in the field.
These rules have been deliberately misquoted by HMG to suit their own purposes and any reasonable person could tear their case to pieces. This is an abuse of power. Also they are antiquated and do not fit in with present day legislation, particularly discrimination laws. Wake up you fools, sort out your rules which are at best set for the Colonial era and realise that this has gone and we are now in the 21st. century. We are entitled to wear the PJM with pride. We fought for it and earned it.

Post Re: Abuse of Power. 
mcdangle wrote:
Is this non-wearing rule an abuse of power

Yes.

Post The Rules. 
I apologise for bringing up the subject of rules once again. But as this is the unelected quango's case for refusing to allow veterans to wear the PJM then they must abide by them also.
The Rules state that NO UK CITIZEN MAY ACCEPT AND WEAR A FOREIGN AWARD WITHOUT THE SOVEREIGN'S PERMISSION.

On llth. January, 2005, according to Hansard, Baroness Symonds of Vernham Dean, stood up in the House of Lords and answered a question on whether British Veterans would be able to accept and wear the Malaysian offer of the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal. Baroness Symonds of Vernham Dean answered 'No they would not be able to accept and wear this medal' or words to that effect, but she definitely said 'No, HMG's rules etc etc. (we have heard it all before).
Now if the permission can only be given by the Sovereign, then this arrogant member of the
House of Lords has placed herself before Her Majesty the Queen, with what could be classed as a direct insult to our Sovereign. No matter what Baroness Symonds of Vernham Dean may think of herself this lack of proper protocol towards Her Majesty the Queen and abuse of power in opposition to The Rules as laid down by our elected Parliament is something that our government should address immediately.
We fought for our Queen and Country before against aggressors, and it looks like we are having to do it all over again with the enemy now being within.
Madam, how dare you presume to be able to tell the veterans of this country what medals they can accept and wear when this privilege is solely granted to our Sovereign, Her Majesty the Queen.

Post The Rules. 
Thanks George,

Yes, hasn't it all just shown what a bunch of wasters (I was going to use another word starting with W.. but thought the better of it) we are dealing with.
Watch this space soon for The Rules Part II.
The whole thing is just rubbish as the rules do not state what 'they' have imagined.
I personally feel that the person fully responsible for all this mess and insults is that lady who is a member of the House of Lords, the elitist AC club - you know the Amnesiac Club whose motto is 'Do YOU know WHO I am'. She has allowed her arrogance and trappings of office to take over whatever brain she has so allowing her to misquote a rule which is clearly written in her native (I suppose) language. Being a Blair Babe and close to his Highness Blurr (nothing irregular inferred!) and her boss seeing a chance to perhaps take over the Blurr crown, backs her up and tells everyone else to do so. So it is circle the wagons and fight them off until they get fed-up and go away, but they have misjudged the tenacity of us veterans and us wee Scottish Terriers. We will keep nipping at their heels until we get someone with an once of brain matter to step in and rectify this serious wrong to us veterans and our Sovereign.

HI EVERYONE, AS THE ORIGINATOR OF 'TELL IT LIKE IT IS' I JUST THINK ITS GREAT THE NUMBER OF VIEWS IT'S HAD, AND HOPE THAT LIKE OTHER POSTING'S IT INSPIRE'S US TOO STICK IT TO EM', WE DIDN'T ACHIEVE WHAT WE DID, BECAUSE OF BEING SOFT OUR STUPID, AND I DON'T KNOW, ABOUT ANYONE ELSE, BUT I WASN'T DE- BRIEFED, ON HOW TO BE A CIVVY! OUR SERVICE MARKED US FOR EVER! WE WERE NOT TRAINED TO GO BACKWARDS!! , AND ALL THIS INCOMPETENT HANDLING HAS DONE , IS FORM A HUGE AWKWARD SQUAD, AND WE AIN'T GOING AWAY. BUT BOYS AND GIRLS, REMEMBER A.B.C.D WILL ARRIVE FOR US,IF THE ALLEDGED FORMER COMMUNIST JOHN REID CAN BECOME DEFENCE MINISTER , WOTS ARE PROBLEM?PITY SOME GURKHA NEVER MET UP WITH HIM AMONGST THE TALL TREE'S AND STEAMY HUMIDITY , OF OUR LITTLE ISLAND IN THE SUN AND REMOVED THE TWAT , FROM THE EQUATION! IF YOU LIVE LONG ENOUGH, YOU WILL SEE,JUST LIKE FASHION, THINGS COME AND GO, AND YOU GET THE SAME BOLLOCKS,FROM THE SAME SORT, NEVER, AND I MEAN NEVER NEVER, BELIEVE A GOV SPOKESMAN, ( OOOPS SPOKES PERSON), THE IDEA OF THEM IS TO RAMBLE ON , AND AT THE END , ACTUALLY INFORM OF NOTHING MORE THAN YOU KNEW AT THE START, (RIGHT JOHN), DO NOT BELIEVE A WORD, OF THE SPIN , THE LIES, AND BEING ECONOMICAL WITH THE TRUTH! OR EVEN OF STATISTIC's, A GOOD EXAMPLE IS THAT ,MORE PEOPLE DIE IN BED, THAN ON MOTORBIKE'S , BUT YOU DO'T HAVE , TO WEAR A SKID LID WHEN YOU GET YOUR HEAD DOWN!, AND THAT FRIENDS IS AN EXAMPLE OF HOW YOU SHOULD TREAT THESE TWATS.ON MY ORIGINAL POSTING, I DID MENTION , THAT SURGEON'S WHERE LYING IDLE, WHILE THE STEALTH TAX MAESTRO , AND VETERAN'S DAY PROMOTER GORDON BROWN , COULD FIND £4000,000,000 , WOW! FOR HMV (HIS MASTER'S VOICE) SORTIE INTO IRAQ, WHERE OUR SERVICE PEOPLE , HAVE BEEN KILLED FOR LACK OF EQUIPMENT, MEN MURDERED, BY THE PEOPLE THEY "LIBERATED" BECAUSE OF LACK OF COMMUNICATION, AND BULLETS,WELL IF YOU TURN TO PAGE 19 of THE DAILY MAIL, THURSDAY 16 MARCH '06,THERE IS AN ARTICLE,ABOUT DOCTOR'S BEING LEFT IDLE,WHY , OH DEAR , OH DEAR, BECAUSE OF A CASH,YES YOU READ RIGHT, A CASH CRISIS!!!!!!!,DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU, MY COUNCIL TAX, ( MORE ICE PRESCOTT!) HAS INCREASED BY 5% THIS YEAR, I WONDER WHAT PERCENTAGE GORDON WILL APPLY TO MY WAR PENSION, ANY OFFERS OF HELP, FOOD CLOTHING, OLD ENGINE FOR BURNING ACCECPTED, OH AND SOME 'BLUEBELL'PLEASE, I'LL NEED TO POLISH MY P.J.M. I'M DUE ON PARADE SOON.

Post Re: The Rules. 
[quote="mcdangle"]I apologise for bringing up the subject of rules once again. But as this is the unelected quango's case for refusing to allow veterans to wear the PJM then they must abide by them also.
The Rules state that NO UK CITIZEN MAY ACCEPT AND WEAR A FOREIGN AWARD WITHOUT THE SOVEREIGN'S PERMISSION.

On llth. January, 2005, according to Hansard, Baroness Symonds of Vernham Dean, stood up in the House of Lords and answered a question on whether British Veterans would be able to accept and wear the Malaysian offer of the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal. Baroness Symonds of Vernham Dean answered 'No they would not be able to accept and wear this medal' or words to that effect, but she definitely said 'No, HMG's rules etc etc. (we have heard it all before).
Now if the permission can only be given by the Sovereign, then this arrogant member of the
House of Lords has placed herself before Her Majesty the Queen, with what could be classed as a direct insult to our Sovereign. No matter what Baroness Symonds of Vernham Dean may think of herself this lack of proper protocol towards Her Majesty the Queen and abuse of power in opposition to The Rules as laid down by our elected Parliament is something that our government should address immediately.
We fought for our Queen and Country before against aggressors, and it looks like we are having to do it all over again with the enemy now being within.
Madam, how dare you presume to be able to tell the veterans of this country what medals they can accept and wear when this privilege is solely granted to our Sovereign, Her Majesty the Queen.[/quote]MCDANGLE, I JUST LOVE IT,YOU'VE GOT THE RIGHT IDEA, THEY MIGHT NOT UNDERSTAND IT CRYPTICALLY, BUT I THINK THE REST OF US KNOW ,THEY HAVE A 'TIGER ' BY THE TAIL.

Post CORRECT MY FRIEND. 
ro5=6372 please don't give them any more ideas. I can see them thinking 'yes, it would be a good idea to make the rabble wear a crash helmet in bed and we could fine them for not doing so and raise more cash for us to get more expenses and first class freebies all over the globe'.

Post Re: CORRECT MY FRIEND. 
[............ it would be a good idea to make the rabble wear a crash helmet in bed .................[/quote]

Strange how you know I already do that, its stuffed with £1.5 million in used notes and my pyjamas (PaJaMas) is a red ermine coat awaiting to wear the decoration...........

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1