Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Recap - for a redcap
Post Recap - for a redcap 
I have been re-reading posts and this excellent and informative web site. Let me get this right because if I am, then the uncivil servants have taken away one of my rights under false pretenses. Am I right in thinking:

A- Two alleged long-standing rules were set aside so the PJM could be accepted.

B- The same two long-standing rules were then used to deny me formal permission to wear my PJM.

C- "long-standing" - the first of the two rules only goes back to 1969 (as documented for Foreign Medals), which is as long as the Accumulated Campaign Service Medal goes back.

D- "long-standing" - the second of the two rules actually did not exist as regards Foreign Decorations rules (as documented for Foreign Medals) when I was offered the PJM so I have been done retrospectively.

E- Many Foreign Medals have been accepted for wear even after 1969 and so the 'two rule' is a lie.

F- In 1992 one Foreign Medal from Malta was accepted for wear 50 years after the event (long-standing rule number one broken) but you could only have it if you were already eligible for the Africa Star (long-standing rules number two well and truly broken).

G- In 1994 one Foreign Medal from Russia was accepted for wear 50 years after the event (long-standing rule number one broken) but you could only have it if you were already eligible for the Atlantic Star (long-standing rules number two well and truly broken).

So, in summary, there were never two long-standing rules documented at the time I was offered my medal. So they could not possibly have been set aside and then taken up again. There were never any rules that had been applied to all medals equally. So they can't say that there is an unbreakable principle at stake here.

And they've made all that up in the name of The Queen.

Meanwhile, my mates in the Commonwealth have been given formal permission to wear their medal.

Is somebody in Whitehall and/or the Foreign Office taking the p*ss!!!!

How do I sue the bastards for deception?

Kev.

Post Response to a Redcap 
You exhibit a most insightful grasp of the problem Kev....but it gets worse...Many concerned civilian veterans have requested ‘validation’ of these 'rules' and their application on multiple occasions…to be summarily told by a Civil Servant that ‘'There is no right of appeal. It is not a matter of Law or your Statutory Rights'.

Post Re: Response to a Redcap 
'Jock' Fenton wrote:
‘'There is no right of appeal. It is not a matter of Law or your Statutory Rights'.

Yes Jock, that is a matter yet to be addressed

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1