Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
South Derbyshire
Post South Derbyshire 
Is Margaret Beckett your MP
If so and you are willing to give up one hour of your time to help 35,000 British Veterans please send me your email address via the Private Message facility (PM).
Thank you
Paul Alders
Fight4thepjm
Pingat Kami - Hak Kami

Post Margaret Beckett MP 
The reason we need someone from South Derbyshire is that the rules state you can only contact your own MP.
So will someone please volunteer to do a very simple job that should take no more than an hour.
Thank you.

Post North East Fife. 
Anyone reading this from North East Fife (Menzies Campbell's constituency). If so please get in touch.

.........and ditto from Bob Blizzards (Labour) Waveney, Suffolk constituency

Slightly wrong there Paul, you can contact any MP (for instance a Minister) but only your own MP can act on your behalf. For an MP to take up your case you must be a constituent of theirs. All MP's run a surgery system where you have the right to visit and put your case directly, similarly, a constituent has the right to visit the House of Commons to meet with his or her Member.

Regards to you all

John

Slightly wrong there Paul, you can contact any MP (for instance a Minister) but only your own MP can act on your behalf. For an MP to take up your case you must be a constituent of theirs. All MP's run a surgery system where you have the right to visit and put your case directly, similarly, a constituent has the right to visit the House of Commons to meet with his or her Member.

Regards to you all

John

John, are Ministers of the Crown who are not your own MP, within their rights to refuse to acknowledge or answer correspondence from members of the public, and does this right extend to Civil Servants. I have a long list of them who refuse to co-operate in any way when asked reasonable and pertinent questions in a civilized manner.

Civil Servants have a code of practice which also governs replying to correspondents in a reasonable time. If you do not get a reply, especially if you recorded the letter, then you have grounds to complain. MP's unfortunately have no such rules but are of course very susceptible to bad publicity and ballot box rejection. I will however get details of these criteria from my agent (Ian Ramsey agent to Michael Ancram who supports us for your info Mr. Coney) and send them to you.

John

Post Fraudent behaviour? 
We are all aware of praxis (habitual or established practice) on government regulatory committees. These committees are 'supported' by civil servants, who, it is claimed, have a clearer view of what should be addressed and why....supposedly possessed of superior knowledge of the subject matter than elected (or in the case of medals...un-elected!) officials responsible for decision making.

Some have suggested it may have started with simple error, a mistaken interpretation of the 'medal rules', combined with incorrectly applied guidelines, (complicated by credulous politicians?), which produced an anomaly that has now simply become too embarrassing to renounce.

To my mind, there is just no way this is a simple error !

The persistent lack of cooperation, the secrecy, and the malicious obfuscation prove that to me without any shadow of doubt.

It's very difficult to understand their position, other than to believe that certain Civil Servants, having realized that their decision was either very weak, or just plain wrong, now recognise that the implications for their own career and status have suddenly become enormous.

My question reiterates the one my friend Andy has been asking for months...

At what point does perpetuating an error degenerate into fraud?

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1