Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Missing Files
Post Missing Files 
We have been told by the FCO to carry out research ourselves rather than ask questions of them.

So we tried.

But then we discovered that they had removed all the relevant files from the National Archives!

In December 2005!

One day before the HD Committee sat (or exchanged an email and fax maybe) to discuss the PJM - a discussion that would touch on the lives of all of us!

And those files have not been returned!

How cynical of them to make that suggestion that we do our own research knowing full well that they had removed from the National Archives the very files we would need to carry out such research and to check what they had said and done in respect of the PJM!

Why do you think they removed those files?

I believe we all know why these files were removed. The suits were frightened that there lies and deceipt would be exposed. If nothing else, this campaign is highlighting just what sort of people we have involved in the running of our country. Is it any wonder we are in such a state. The question is "How can we expose this deceipt"

Bob Bryant

Write to Michael Ancram and give him what evidence that you have and I am sure that if the facts support it then he will take the necessary action.

Regards

John

Does anyone have the relevent "Headers" or reference numbers for the missing files?

Bob Bryant

Post Missing Files 
FO 372/8053
FO 372/8059
FO 372/8060

I am reaching for my quill

Bob Bryant

Dear Mr Ancram,

I am writing to you as one who served in H.M. Royal Marines during the Borneo “Confrontation” and as such I am eligible to receive the Pingat Jasa Malaysia (PJM).

I know you are aware and indeed sympathetic to the current campaign to reverse the mean spirited decision by the HD committee to allow the veterans of the “Emergency” and “Confrontation” to receive but not formally wear the PJM. Whilst I am not at the forefront of the campaign, I applaud and support whole heartedly those who are.

I was appalled to hear that on the advice of the FCO, Mr. Barry Flemming, a name I believe you are familiar with, should carry out his own research and not waste their time. As I understand it, an attempt to access relevant files from the National Archive resulted in the discovery that these files were removed one day prior to a “meeting” of the HD committee and have now “disappeared”.

The relevant reference numbers are: FO 372/8053.
FO 372/ 8059
FO 372/ 8060

As to why these files have disappeared is a matter for conjecture. I am not so naïve as to believe that the running of our country is completely open, honest or fair. However, I cannot for the life of me understand why so much energy, deceit and spin has been forthcoming from so many government departments. These actions seem to be aimed at preventing veterans who fought in a jungle war forty years ago from wearing a medal awarded by a grateful Malaysian government.

I ask you please to look into the issue of the missing files and just what it is that the FCO are trying to hide. I understand that you are a very busy man with many important issues to attend too. I can assure you that any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated by the men and women who were prepared to stand up and be counted many years ago.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely

Robert Bryant

Just posted this to Michael Ancram:

Dear Mr Ancram,

......................................The relevant reference numbers are: FO 372/8053.
FO 372/ 8059
FO 372/ 8060

As to why these files have disappeared is a matter for conjecture. I am not so naïve as to believe that the running of our country is completely open, honest or fair. However, I cannot for the life of me understand why so much energy, deceit and spin has been forthcoming from so many government departments. These actions seem to be aimed at preventing veterans who fought in a jungle war forty years ago from wearing a medal awarded by a grateful Malaysian government.

I ask you please to look into the issue of the missing files and just what it is that the FCO are trying to hide. I understand that you are a very busy man with many important issues to attend too. I can assure you that any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated by the men and women who were prepared to stand up and be counted many years ago.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely

Robert Bryant

Bob

That is one hell of a letter to MA, well done, you have hit the nail squarely on the head, I can give you documentary evidence, not relating to the PJM, to the deceit that Civil Servants get up to over the years, so that is nothing new but it is shameful that it is allowed to happen.

The thought that WE do not have any rights of appeal against a decision from these snake like slithering,writhing, low types appals me and I am going to ensure that we have the right to correct a BIG wrong, I have been along this road before and if it is a long and winding road I will still be there at the end of it, that you and every other PJM supporter can have no doubt.

Between us we have the evidence of maladministration, if the rebuttal and petition to HMQ is against us when reviewed watch the cow dung hit the proverbial fan

Just posted this to Michael Ancram

Bob,

A fine letter posing some heavy questions for the suits to answer.

Thanks for taking the time and trouble to write it.

Barry

Bob I too look forward to reading any reply you get (if you should be so lucky)[/b]

A brilliant letter. Full of relevant facts. Watch that space.
Gerry

As others have, quite rightly, said Bob...a great letter!....you should 'reach for your quill' more often!

Post Re: Missing Files 
BarryF wrote:
We have been told by the FCO to carry out research ourselves rather than ask questions of them.

So we tried.

But then we discovered that they had removed all the relevant files from the National Archives!

In December 2005!

It seems to me that these bounders never went to the right public schools!

If they had, they would be ashamed of themselves.

I see nothing to suggest that they are.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1