Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Re: The Whingeing MoD
Post Re: The Whingeing MoD 
The MoD have written to me suggesting that I am causing them workload problems.

Well, forgive me one moment, MoD, but if you hadn't been a knowing party to this injustice, then it would never have happened. So ... tough. It's a self-inflicted injury and the MoD has only itself to blame. MoD - you fight your battle, I'll fight mine.

Here's their letter:

And my response:

http://www.fight4thepjm.org/Correspondence/Keith_re_him_whingeing_310806_1.pdf

Last edited by BarryF on Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

I was horrified, angry and dismayed to read that letter from the MOD. I cannot believe that the administration in the UK has sunk to such a low. In a democracy is the right for an individual, or group, to challenge and continue to challenge injustices in the system. This letter is a response that eats away at the very basis of a democracy and to me indicates the extent of the slippery slide that the UK has been on for some years. ?Where are the champions of the people in politics. Evidently not in the current government and definately not in the hallowed halls of the public service. Words fail me to adequately express my anger, all I can say is they are PATHETIC, PATHETIC, PATHETIC.

PS. great reply

Post The Whingeing MoD 
Barry,

What an appalling letter from the MOD and what a truly superb and balanced letter in reply. An absolute cracker.

Could I copy it to my Labour MP as I am getting the standard "31st of January Statement" answer from him at present and your letter puts the case so powerfully, succinctly and much better than my attempts. I plan to copy the Rebuttal Statement to him and I think your letter will encourage him to read it in detail.

If he thinks I will go away now, he is very much mistaken.

John

Post Re: The Whingeing MoD 
Semengo13 wrote:
Could I copy it to my Labour MP as I am getting the standard "31st of January Statement" answer from him at present and your letter puts the case so powerfully, succinctly and much better than my attempts. I plan to copy the Rebuttal Statement to him and I think your letter will encourage him to read it in detail.

John, Yes, certainly. Please copy the letter and use as you see fit. The same goes for the Rebuttal. I'm about to produce an Update to the Rebuttal to include all the new information post-21st June when the original document was submitted.

Semengo13 wrote:
If he thinks I will go away now, he is very much mistaken.

Great stuff. If you persist, the good MPs become willing to make their own assessment and not simply accept the myths and folklore put out by the MoD and FCO. You can tell your MP that two Privy Counsellors, both Barristers at Law, and also two Veterans Ministers (including the present incumbent) who originally took the same view as your MP have now all seen that our case has merit and support us.

Please ask your MP to read the paragraph 4 on page 2 about the Suez Canal Zone Medal. It will show him that the MoD will do anything to deprive veterans of a medal.

Thanks for your continued support at this critical time.

Barry

Heat and kitchen spring to mind.

Hmmm an unprecedented workload eh??
Heat and kitchen spring to mind.

Yes, Smudger. And we're just about to turn up the heat.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1