Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Two Articles From Malaysia
Post Two Articles From Malaysia 
I am very graetful to my friend Nagei for sending me these two clips.

First, please read this article dated 24th July. I think the writer displays a very generous attitude:

Now, in what I believe to be stark contrast, read this from the British High Commission. Perhaps I am overly sensitive to being patronised and to civil servants spreading the half-truths, but this article somehow got right up my nose!

Post British High Commission 
Barry
Interesting that this chap quotes "a few veterans are concerned". I wonder how he quantifies many? Also, he has introduced a new slant on the "no wear" myth by stating that the prohibition only applies to active Service personnel and does not apply to civilians. If that is the case, then why was the statement not worded as such - "Her Majesty has approved that the medal can be accepted and worn by all qualifying veterans, but that the medal may not be worn on British uniforms"?.

Post Re: British High Commission 
GerryL wrote:
Barry
Interesting that this chap quotes "a few veterans are concerned". I wonder how he quantifies many? Also, he has introduced a new slant on the "no wear" myth by stating that the prohibition only applies to active Service personnel and does not apply to civilians. If that is the case, then why was the statement not worded as such - "Her Majesty has approved that the medal can be accepted and worn by all qualifying veterans, but that the medal may not be worn on British uniforms"?.

Absolutely spot on Gerry! Isn't it amazing how words can be twisted to suit the occasion!

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1