Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
'Emergency' documentary by Malaysian TV
Post 'Emergency' documentary by Malaysian TV 
Gentlemen,
Thought you might be interested in this related matter from Malaysia.
Under the heading "Chronicling the terror within", it was announced today that TV3 has produced 'a groundbreaking documentary series on the Malayan emergency". TV3 is one of Malaysia's terrestrial television networks.
The series is based on the pictorial book The Malaysian Emergency Revisited: 1948-1960 by Lt Kol (Rtd) Mohd Azzam Mohd Hanif Ghows.
The series is titled 'Jungle Green Khaki Brown' and will be shown in eight parts.
Quoting from the news release.......'Next year will be Malaysia's 50th year of independance, and to commemorate it, TV3 has come up with a documentary that focuses on this crucial period in the history of Malaysia'.
The article then quotes Datuk Abdul Mutalib Razak, who edited the book from which the series is drawn as saying..'It is to instill the spirit of patriotism and give a historical perspective of events such as the Emergency to the younger generation, and also to inform the country at large that terror can strike a nation at any time. He goes on to say...'We can never forget that the Commonwealth troops came here to fight and some of them died for our freedom. If they didn't come, we would still be under the threat of communism still'.
I viewed the first part of the series at 1900hrs local time and it is excellent.
Once again evidence to show that Malaysia is keen to remember the struggle and those who fought for the nations independence, rather than try and brush it under the carpet as the UK civil service seems intent on doing.

Post Re: 'Emergency' documentary by Malaysian TV 
petenic wrote:
I viewed the first part of the series at 1900hrs local time and it is excellent.

Now ...what chance a DVD/Video ... ?

Signed

Anon

Post Malaysian TV3 
Anon (but we know who you are - Lobby Lud and I claim my £5) asked what chance a Video/DVD. I can only say "me too!"
Gerry

I beat you all to it and have requested this which is in hand. The mysterious mcdangle?

One can only hope that 'Jock's name will not be missing from the list of DVD applicants?

One can only hope that 'Jock's name will not be missing from the list of DVD applicants?

Jock who??

Steady, Steady. On the instructions of 'The Mysterious Mcdangle', I am checking with a friend at TV3 in KL to see if I can get a copy on CD or DVD format and will let the Forum know accordingly.

Post DVD-Video 
Petenic.
Put me down for one also please if and when they are available.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1