Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 17
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Let's Zap'Em
Post Let's Zap'Em 
John suggested, seconded by Jock, that we mass mail No. 10 - everyone on the same day, at the same time.

If you're up for it, simply leave your name (and geographical location) here and we'll formulate a cunning plan and let you know when, what, and to whom (why stop at No. 10?).

John Cooper............England

World Clock here http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

Suggestion:

We must make this missive short and sweet and to the point. We must explain how to 'copy and paste' some might not know how to do this and that 10 Downing Street all get the same mail from everyone at the same time. If everyone on this forum can get 10 people to do this that is over 500 emails in one go!!

Last edited by John Cooper on Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:18 pm; edited 2 times in total

Post Zappidy do da 
Count me in. West Sussex, so currently on GMT (which is approved for timekeeping purposes but not for general use)
GerryL

Post Re: Zappidy do da 
GerryL wrote:
Count me in. West Sussex, so currently on GMT (which is approved for timekeeping purposes but not for general use)
GerryL

Great one, Gerry. And you make an important pint (or should that be point) yet again - we need to coordinate the time zones. Wouldn't wanna wake anybody up in the middle of the day at No. 10.

Now 'owzabout Zulu time (and its appropriate equivalent chez vous).

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

To get everyone on board what about co-ordinating Wednesday 15th March 2006 Time to be decided

Last edited by John Cooper on Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

World time clock any good

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

Perfick, John.

Our messages crossed - you had already anticipated the temporal problem in your preceding post

If everyone on this forum can get 10 people to do this that is over 500 emails in one go!!

It would be 1,000 now, John!

I am pleased to report that we have over 100 registered users. Over 300 visits a day ... and we haven't started yet!

John Cooper wrote:
If everyone on this forum can get 10 people to do this that is over 500 emails in one go!!

It would be 1,000 now, John!

I am pleased to report that we have over 100 registered users. Over 300 visits a day ... and we haven't started yet!

There are over 300 bods on my forum and I'm sure I could muster a few others to get the point across.

After we do the PM lets zap the MoD/Vets Agency and so on a weekly basis

Post Count me In 
I'm game - hope there are no hunters out there!

To get everyone on board what about co-ordinating Wednesday 15th March 2006 Time to be decided

OK By me here in Oz. GMT +1000

BTW Apple users don't need to look at world clocks, the machine does it for us. Smile

Post Re: Count me In 
mcdangle wrote:
I'm game - hope there are no hunters out there!

Andy, I'm rather hoping there are they are from HMG, MOD, FCO, and HD, No 10 etc!

I know you know this and say what you say with tongue in cheek, but I mention the following for those who have only recently picked up on this thread ... What we propose doing in as many numbers as possible is to send a short, factual statement asking for answers to two questions that have been proposed on countless occasions but without the courtesy of a reply. They are:

1. "What does the 'formal' in 'formal permission' mean and involve? We need to know so that we can assess what best to do in different circumstances. We also want to know who is doing the withholding so that we can stop this mass mailing and write to the relevant Individual/Department.

2. "Are the PJM criteria for British citizens different in any respect to those for other Commonwealth countries?" We need to know in order to assess whether we are eligible - in particular, the end dates given by HMG to application form administrators are different to those given to Aussies and Kiwis. Why?

Our mass mailing is no different to any other legitimate obbying in the Commons or while hanging on door-knopckers in Downing Street.

But you have raised an interest question ... !

You have my support, however I am out of country 11th March for one week. Anyone wishing to add my name to their emails are more than welcome.

Bob Bryant

Post Zapiddy Do. 
Barry, first let me say, I meant when I said I was game that I am available for the mass mailing to take place on a date to be notified. I am in the South West of Scotland with no time difference to the rest of the UK, I think. Yes it was tongue in cheek. The mention of game up here brings them out with their shotguns and labradors.

On the subject of the Race Relations legislation - I had hoped for a discussion point from it and your last remark was what I was after. Everyone thinks it is just about colour, creed etc. but on reading the Act I saw the mention of Nationality (including Citizenship) which started me thinking - if I was on a parade next to a Kiwi or Aussie and we both were wearing our PJM and I was told by a hooray-Henry to leave or remove the PJM I would threaten him with the Race Relations Act in that I was being discriminated against because of my Nationality (including Citizenship) and I would call a policeman and make a complaint. I would not hit him as I feel nowadays that this would hurt me more than the recipient. The mere mention of this Act makes them weak at the knees and I personally will hit them (metaphorically speaking) with everything I've got.
There is a relevant point here and that is, does the rule which mentions all British Citizens requiring HMG permission to accept and wear foreign awards, need to be changed to fit in with modern legislation so that it does not clash with this dreadful politically correct society we have nowadays. If children are to be stopped singing ba-ba-black sheep and told to sign ba-ba-rainbow sheep, then anything is possible.

Post Count me in....again! 
Location central Canada....time here is GMT minus 5 hours...But don't worry about setting the time of TX too soon for me....I'm always awake REAL early so that I can run my daily half marathon and do my 500 situps before breakfast.

On a more serious note: Perhaps Barry would oblige by formulating an appropriate message and placing it on the 'Stuck4Words' thread?...this would then be readily available for download by all and sundry...

...........I'd volunteer to do the writing myself Barry, but, being a Scot, I only have English as a second language!

.............'Jock'

Post Re: Count me in....again! 
'Jock' Fenton wrote:

...........I'd volunteer to do the writing myself Barry, but, being a Scot, I only have English as a second language!

.............'Jock'

LOFL

Ideally to have an impact this would have to hit Downing Street in working hours 1000-1600 hrs seems about right for Civil Servants, now we need a letter as Jock says and a time/date to do this

Reply to topic Page 1 of 17
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next