Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Daily Express
Post Daily Express 
In yesterdays paper (Sunday 6th August 2006) it stated on the front page that in the Court of Appeal the Home Secretary had acted illegally on giving himself powers without the backing of Parliament.
This was in the case of the Afghan hijackers, so they now stay in this country at our expence.
But the point is we are banned from wearing the PJM on the orders of our Ministers who did not seek the backing of Parliament for this directive so I say they are also acting illegally?
Any QCs out there.

Post Re: Daily Express 
Paul Alders wrote:
In yesterdays paper (Sunday 6th August 2006) it stated on the front page that in the Court of Appeal the Home Secretary had acted illegally on giving himself powers without the backing of Parliament.
This was in the case of the Afghan hijackers, so they now stay in this country at our expence.
But the point is we are banned from wearing the PJM on the orders of our Ministers who did not seek the backing of Parliament for this directive so I say they are also acting illegally?
Any QCs out there.

Paul

As a Barrack Room Lawyer I would say YES, they are breaking the law!

I have said this from almost day one. Her Majesty the Queen was asked at her Coronation 'will you to your power cause Law and Justice in Mercy to be executed in all your judgements'. I presume she answered yes.
Is it justice to give Royal Assent to Commonwealth Nations to accept and wear the PJM yet single out her own British Citizens, also members of the Commonwealth, for special treatment not to wear.
Ministers and Civil Servants are acting against the Law of our land almost every day and it is no surprise that the court has found that the Home Secretary has done so.

Richard Coney of the MOD said in an email that:-

'the Queen has granted permission for British Citizens to accept the medal (PJM), but as a souvenir or keepsake only, and not for wear'.

IT'S OFFICIAL - Her Majesty the Queen says our medal is a souvenir or keepsake but hang on a minute she did not say that to the Australians or the New Zealanders so why say it to us. What have we done to deserve such awful treatment from our Queen.

Coney (Ministry of Deceit) also says 'There is no right of appeal. It is not a matter of Law or your Statutory Rights'.

So there you have it. You will not wear the PJM because it is only a souvenir or a keepsake, and you have no rights whatsoever. This from our wonderful Civil Service MOD Style.

Richard Coney of the MOD said in an email that:-

'the Queen has granted permission for British Citizens to accept the medal (PJM), but as a souvenir or keepsake only, and not for wear'.

IT'S OFFICIAL - Her Majesty the Queen says our medal is a souvenir or keepsake but hang on a minute she did not say that to the Australians or the New Zealanders so why say it to us. What have we done to deserve such awful treatment from our Queen.

Coney (Ministry of Deceit) also says 'There is no right of appeal. It is not a matter of Law or your Statutory Rights'.

So there you have it. You will not wear the PJM because it is only a souvenir or a keepsake, and you have no rights whatsoever. This from our wonderful Civil Service MOD Style.

That is IT in a nutshell Andy, we have them by the short and curlies, it only needed one of these faux pas we now have it! Take them to task lads and lassies, mine is on its way..........

Post HMG Civil Servants 
Yes, I understand that that civil servant is of the opinion that the words that he uses to describe the PJM - "souvenir" and "keepsake" - are not in any way derogatory.

In that case he will not be averse to me writing to the Malaysian High Commissioner in London, the Malaysian Government in Malaysia, or the Malaysian media to inform them that the Ministry of Defence of Her Majestie's Government, regard the Pingat Jasa Malaysia as nothing but a “souvenir” and “keepsake”?

I wonder if those people mentioned above, would also think that they are not derogatory words?

?????

hmmmm?

Where's my Parker?

Good on yer John, lets hope your Parker is also a long piece of string, one of my friends in Malaysia has thought these comments offensive

Good on yer John, lets hope your Parker is also a long piece of string, one of my friends in Malaysia has thought these comments offensive

Keep at him lads. The impudent sod deserves a good whack. He actually said the Queen granted permission for British Citizens to accept the medal, but as a souvenir or keepsake only and not for wear. Its official 'the Queen says it is a souvenir or keepsake only and not for wear'.

Some time ago I posed the question," Formal permission to wear the PJM will not be granted...is this because a) The PJM is not fit to wear or b) we as veterans are not fit to wear it?"

Now we know....how VERY insulting to Malaysia.
Am I ashamed of being British....you bet!

Bob Bryant

I'm sure we know how you feel Bob, I certainly do, this Whitehall Farce is embarrassing to The Queen, HMG, to The Malaysians and The Vets, and here we are trying to win hearts and minds in other parts of the world. I too am embarrassed to be British, I and others are being treated as second class citizens, the sooner Politics are changed radically the better it will be for all

Barclay Bankers!

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1