Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Sunday Mirror
Post Sunday Mirror 
I do not have the Sunday Mirror but I have heard that in yesterdays paper (6th August 2006) it stated that 1 in 3 Senior are not qualified to do the job that they are in.
If anyone has a copy could they please post it on this section for all to read including the suits (that is if the suits can read)

Post .. 

Last edited by ro5=6372 on Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Re: Sunday Mirror 
Paul Alders wrote:
I do not have the Sunday Mirror but I have heard that in yesterdays paper (6th August 2006) it stated that 1 in 3 Senior are not qualified to do the job that they are in.
If anyone has a copy could they please post it on this section for all to read including the suits (that is if the suits can read)

Post Re: Sunday Mirror 
[quote="valentine"]
Paul Alders wrote:

Thanks for posting that valentine.

A fascinating revelation.

Barry

Post Re: Incompetence 'unchecked' in Whitehall 
George F wrote:
David Hencke, Westminster correspondent
Tuesday August 8, 2006
The Guardian

Whitehall's most senior civil servants believe they can get away with poor decision-making without being challenged by ministers or parliament, an internal Cabinet Office survey has revealed.
http://politics.guardian.co.uk/labour/story/0,,1839435,00.html

George,

I suspect ... no, I know ... that our right to wear the PJM has been wittheld by some very ordinary civil servants.

I wrote to the MoD telling them that I would continue this fight to rectofyn a potentially unlawful wrong seemingly imposed on British citizens by unelected civilians (civil servants) - civilians who have no more authority than you or I, civilians who could be your next door neighbour with no more right to restrict your rights than you do theirs.

George F wrote:
A change will only come by an act of parliament.

I have been told that a change can happen "if there is the political will" - and I was told that by one of the civil servants involved in the PJM situation.

We need to write to our MPs!

Barry

George F wrote:
Most of these veteran recipients are well in the 80's and because of their age I doubt are past caring.

Actually, George, I have just this moment put the phone down at the end of a conversation with Richard Coney at the MoD. He tells me that most of his time is spent answering telephone queries from veterans about the Arctic Emblem. They will be in their 80's. And good for them that they are prepared to telephone the MoD.

Those WW2 veterans make me feel old.

George F wrote:
The Malaysian PJM medal is an oddity from our commonwealth past. It will never be repeated, because the system of military foreign international awards accepted today by most countries are SEATO, NATO and UN.

... But relates to our Commonwealth present. Unlike the unwearable Saudi and Kuwaiti medals offered by a foreign country to a makeshift force for invading two foreign countries, Kuwait and Iraq, the PJM was offered by a Commonwealth country to Commonwealth forces in respect of service protecting a Commonwealth country.

And I believe that members of the 'Commonweath of Nations' incorporate membership into their system via, in our case, Parliament.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1