Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Crawley News
Post Crawley News 
Just finished an interview with a reporter from the Crawley News. A pleasant young chap who studied history at school but admitted to knowing nothing about the Malaya/Borneo conflict. I gave him a copy of the Journal, some stuff from the internet and a copy of the Ministerial Statement complete with the admission that the wearing of the PJM cannot be policed. He was flabbergasted at the stupidity of the HD's stance. He's also got a photo of me showing the PJM medal alongside my GSM, and the lapel badge.

Excellent news Gerry....keep me posted as pre-arranged when the article is published please...I'm primed and ready...

Post Crawley News 
Attached is the article that appeared in today's edition. It's interesting that Mrs Moffatt now claims that she supports our cause. I particularly like her comment "...they will be devalued." I shall be responding in due course.

Post Crawley News 
Herewith my response to Mrs Moffatt's comments.
Michael
First may I congratulate you on a first rate article. It tells the story in clear and succinct terms. As to Mrs Moffatt's comments, I will respond.
1. She claims to be supportive but at no time has she made such a statement to me. She has only forwarded my correspondence on to the Foreign and Commonwealth Office who have merely repeated the Ministerial Statement;
2. She says that the issue is complicated because if too many medals are worn they will be devalued. What tosh! The PJM will take my tally to a grand total of 2. Many veterans have none. Veterans of WWII can have at least 2 and often up to 6 or even 8. Does she feel that all those Campaign Stars are devalued? The value of a medal is in the service that it represents, not in the number worn on a single breast.
3. She says that the Royal British Legion were asked to take care of the inviting. Does she not realise that not every veteran is a member of the RBL? Furthermore, her own Party set up the Veteran's Agency, on whose web site appeared a calendar of events by County. Mrs Moffatt's did not appear.
4. She says that if I had rung her up for an invite, I would have received one. How could I do that when I did not know there was an event taking place?
I'm afraid that Mrs Moffatt is in danger of falling into that old trap - when in a hole, stop digging. The lady has not offered unequivocal support to the PJM Campaign, even when pressed to do so openly.
Yours
Gerald Law

Gave it to her good Gerry....she won't be knocking on your door come election time I'll bet!

Post Crawley News 
This was on the letters page of this week's edition.

Post Crawley News 
This appeared in today's paper. Michael has done us really proud with his coverage.

Hamish

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1