Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 3 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
First British PJMs to be presented on the 19th July
Post Suits 
Agreed John but what started as a fight4thepjm which was then allowed to be accepted after lies to our Parliament, then turned into the fight4thepjm to wear with pride the medal the suits have petulantly refused permission for us to wear, has inadvertently shown that British Citizens are being discriminated against by an unlawful committee which acts outwith our Constitutional Democracy. They know full well that they cannot withhold permission to wear a foreign medal like the PJM because they have no legal power and have not operated under our Parliamentary procedure. They have admitted there is no law which can punish us for wearing the PJM and like the childish idiots they are they maintain we may wear it if we like but without authority. Whose authority and I make no apologies for again repeating, they will not tell us 'whose' authority we are ignoring if we wear the PJM.
They hint that it is the Royal Prerogative but only the MOD has come out and said the recommendations submitted by the HD Committee to The Queen stated that permission was not granted to wear the PJM 'formally'. No-one else will tell us anything about this, why? because they are hiding the fact that they have no authority over British Civilians and for years have been operating rules which are useless rubbish and the only way out for them is to try and frighten us with being disloyal to The Queen. They tried this in Rhodesia in 1966'ish and had to amend Police Regulations to delete 'loyal to The Queen' in this regulation as far as it related to service in the British South Africa Police for service pay but not pensionable pay.
It takes intelligence to know when you are wrong and arrogance to continue without knowing it.

Last edited by mcdangle on Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

We are all 100% behind your thoughts on this, it is just so shameful an act by the UK Turds that they can't see what damage they have done to our honour. Well they had better sooner rather than later rescind these stupid rules because this campaign will grab the headlines one day.

Yes!.....Well said Mc Dangle....you describe my feelings exactly...but these puffed up, self important, arrogant, faceless individuals have bitten off a wee bit more than they can rightly chew in taking on we Malaya Vets...We didn't choose this fight but we won't shrink from it ...we don't fight fair (according to their rules!)...but we fight to win....And we will win!

As I will be in London on the 19th July 06 I shall keep an eye out for this presentation.I shall be visiting the National Records Office at Kew and shall be in London(Kew)for two daysHow far is the Malaysian High Commision from Kew?or even from Euston station?
Good luck to all the recipients on parade,our thoughts and wishes go with you.
Dont allow some jumped up 'erk with a chest full of paperclips tell you when and how to wear it.Just wink at the Commisioner,smile,and say to yourself...."Fat Chance mate I'll wear it when I like and where I like and UP yours" Arrow This way to the Tower Razz

And I didn't refer to the Commisioner but the 'erk in the corner with the paperclips.

Malaysia High Commission
45 Belgrave Square
London SW1

Tube station: Knightsbridge/ Hyde Park Corner

Post Malayasian High Commision offices 
Thanks Jock.If I can escape from the National Records Office in good time then I shall take a quick 'shufty'

Post Re: Malayasian High Commision offices 
Smudger wrote:
Thanks Jock.If I can escape from the National Records Office in good time then I shall take a quick 'shufty'

1100hrs Wednesday July 19th 2006 is the Official Presentation Smudger

Perhaps a demonstration is called for, how about it????
John

Post RE: PJM Pin 
I shall definitely be wearing my PJM, regardless of any mealy-mouthed "directive" to the contrary! I also have a tattoo showing the word "MALAYSIA" on my arm. Is the wearing of my GSM forbidden whilst "wearing" my arm? I DON'T THINK SO!!!! Anyway, please put me on the list for a PJM Pin badge as soon as they become available, let anyone try to stop us wearing THAT!!! Fight the Fight, Ours is the Right! Regards, Dave (Spook) Cooke.

Post A DEMONSTATION? 
SORRY BUT IS READING THE NAMES OF IRAQ K.I.A.'S NEAR THE CENOTAPH,A DEMONSTRATION TOO? I THOUGHT THAT WAS AN ARRESTABLE OFFENCE THESE DAY'S,AND WE ARE LAW ABIDING, IN OUR DEMOCRACY AREN'T WE?

Post Forum members on parade: 
To the 3 Forum members who are to be honoured at the Malaysian High Commission on the 19th...
I say...CONGRATULATIONS ALL!...We know that you will 'do us proud'!

Post Re: Forum members on parade: 
'Jock' Fenton wrote:
To the 3 Forum members who are to be honoured at the Malaysian High Commission on the 19th...
I say...CONGRATULATIONS ALL!...We know that you will 'do us proud'!

I would just like to say this ...

I did not earn the honour to go to the presentation - the only reason I am going is because I am known to be involved in Fight4thePJM campaign. And it is the supporters of that Fight who have raised the profile of this just campaign to a level that has led to the invitation.

I am therefore going on behalf of all those supporters who have done such a stunning job. I am also going on behalf of the other leaders of this campaign (Andy, Jock, JohnC, JohnF, Hamish and Paul *) and on behalf of those fighting for the right to wear the medal - in that sense I am not going in a personal capacity. I shall be making that clear tomorrow.

The three of us, from the Army, Navy and Air Force, will ensure that your message is got across, of that you can be certain.

We'll report back after the presentation.

All the best, Barry

* George and Gerry, the two other leaders in this campaign, will be going tomorrow.

Yes it is arrestable in Blairs Britain to read out the names of The Glorious Dead at the Cenotaph as was evidenced recently by just such an arrest. Have you considered just how they would cope if 50 or more were to meet there to do just that!!!

Can you imagine the publicity if all were veterans wearing their medals, peacefully visiting the Cenotaph, when the old bill descended upon them and man handled them into a convoy of police vehicles. The public outcry would be heard in Aussie without the internet. Can you also imagine the fall out if there were our wonderful Commonwealth cousins there doing the same with us. Now that is where the Queen would have to call teflon in and call him names. Parliament would have to meet to debate it and the Lords would hear old Generals etc huffing and puffing away about the old days being better (and of course they would be right). And on the front pages of every newspaper in the land and every television station in the English speaking world, would be the story and why just such a collection of individuals had recourse to protest in such a fashion.

The bottom line in any democracy is, when all arguments have failed and all democratic means have been exhausted then the British Citizen has the right to demonstrate peacefully on the streets to draw attention to their greivances.

Yes I am a Tory but the spark of rebelion is still alight in my heart!

John

PS Have a nice time tomorrow chaps, you have earnt it after all the hard work that you have put in on all of our behalfs.

Well at least the guys will be on Malaysian soil for a little while, they can wear their PJMs within the HC and of course they will be made welcome as if they were in Kuala Lumpur at least the temperatures are going to make them feel in KL as London is forecast to hit the high nineties today.

Best of luck lads, two hours to go, here's thinking of you.

Post Re: Forum members on parade: 
BarryF wrote:

I would just like to say this ...

I did not earn the honour to go to the presentation - the only reason I am going is because I am known to be involved in Fight4thePJM campaign. And it is the supporters of that Fight who have raised the profile of this just campaign to a level that has led to the invitation.

I am therefore going on behalf of all those supporters who have done such a stunning job. I am also going on behalf of the other leaders of this campaign (Andy, Jock, JohnC, JohnF, Hamish and Paul *) and on behalf of those fighting for the right to wear the medal - in that sense I am not going in a personal capacity. I shall be making that clear tomorrow.

The three of us, from the Army, Navy and Air Force, will ensure that your message is got across, of that you can be certain.

We'll report back after the presentation.

All the best, Barry

* George and Gerry, the two other leaders in this campaign, will be going tomorrow.

Barry, George, Gerry, I think you have all earned the honour of attending this ceremony because your extremely hard work on our behalf through this website and your other activities. It's a pity that not all the leading lights in the campaign could not attend. Well done lads.

Here are the reports of the occassion as shown in the Malaysian press today.

The New Straits Times:

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/nst/Thursday/National/20060720084435/Article/local1_html

and from the other main English language daily, 'The Star':

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2006/7/20/nation/14895071&s

There is also a report on the Bernama website:

http://www.bernama.com/

How have the British press covered the story?

Reply to topic Page 3 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next