Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Parliamentary Ombudsman
Post Parliamentary Ombudsman 
Maybe this has already been raised, apologies if it has, but would this be an avenue to persue ??

Idea

Post Re: Parliamentary Ombudsman 
Semengo13 wrote:
Maybe this has already been raised, apologies if it has, but would this be an avenue to persue ??

Idea

Yes this has been discussed, I'm not sure whether on the forum or not as the SEARCH facility doesn't come up with anything, but certainly on exchange of emails we have. I have actually taken this Government to The Ombudsman on a seperate issue, it is an extremely long winded affair and has to be conducted via your own MP or an MP who will take on the case, therefore all correspondence goes through that MP, mine took nearly 18 months to get resolved and in the end received 10 apologies from different departments, one for telling blatant lies!

All that happens is that the recommendations from the PO are 'usually' accepted by HMG but there was a recent case where PM Blair intervened recently and categorically refused the PO recommendations.

All avenues are open and considerations given. Thank you for raising the issue!

We have also looked at The Discrimination Act (Racial doesn't come into it but NATIONAL may do so). We have someone still researching this subject as too are with our Human Rights in Strasbourg, we just hope that HMG will see the errors of their ways and come to a conclusion before this happens.

All of this comes as a costly exercise, some of us have borne these costs out of our own pockets, like The PJM badge. I haven't mentioned this before but timely this could be, would anyone be in favour of a PJM Association where we have one powerful voice to pursue our cause, it really is just a thought. Again perhaps HMG would seriously consider the REVIEW and PETITION to HMQ that is currently sitting on The Rt Hon Margaret Backett MP desk along with several other departments.

All of you peeps out there are playing a blinder by giving us your support, there is no doubt that we intend to follow the cause of The Fight to Wear The PJM through to a satisfactory conclusion, we wish those who are totally inflexible at the moment will ease off, when they do I can spend less time harrassing those who dream up stupid regulations.

Post Parliamentary Ombudsman 
Thanks John for your detailed reply.

Maybe your idea of an association is a good one. I think "they" are relying on wearing us out and us getting fed up, consequently giving up the fight as human nature often tends to do.

To fire up a new and targetted initiative at this significant time i.e. the first PJM presentations for the UK, would send a very clear signal that we are not, and that they will continue to be embarrassed and shamed until such time as they put right this appalling- and downright unfair-insult to Malaysia and those who were there. Most importantly to those who did not return.

It would also give a unified voice that they would find even more difficult to ignore.

John

Wink

Post Re: Parliamentary Ombudsman 
Semengo13 wrote:
Thanks John for your detailed reply.

Maybe your idea of an association is a good one. I think "they" are relying on wearing us out and us getting fed up, consequently giving up the fight as human nature often tends to do.

To fire up a new and targetted initiative at this significant time i.e. the first PJM presentations for the UK, would send a very clear signal that we are not, and that they will continue to be embarrassed and shamed until such time as they put right this appalling- and downright unfair-insult to Malaysia and those who were there. Most importantly to those who did not return.

It would also give a unified voice that they would find even more difficult to ignore.

John

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John

That is a very measured response, thank you.

JohnC
Wink

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1