Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Images from God's Little Acre Ceremony 2006
Post Images from God's Little Acre Ceremony 2006 
Thanks to Peter Nicoll, Andy's son, we are pleased to be able to publish images from the ceremony in God's Little Acre this June.

Please click here to see some moving images from Malaysia.

http://www.fight4thepjm.org/memories_batu_gajah.htm

Here is just one of the nine pictures. It is humbling to see the Fight4thePJM Lapel Badge being presented and proudly worn by special people at the ceremomy who were out there during PJM service:

Post Re: Images from God's Little Acre Ceremony 2006 
BarryF wrote:
Thanks to Peter Nicoll, Andy's son, we are pleased to be able to publish images from the ceremony in God's Little Acre this June.

Please click here to see some moving images from Malaysia.

http://www.fight4thepjm.org/memories_batu_gajah.htm

Here is just one of the nine pictures. It is humbling to see the Fight4thePJM Lapel Badge being presented and proudly worn by special people at the ceremomy who were out there during PJM service:

The European chap on the left (with the beard) is Cliff Standley who was a policeman in Singapore just after the second world war where he fought in Burma, and then was a rubber planation manager in Malaya where he was ambushed and shot three times by Communist Guerrillas during the Emergency. Don't know the dates he was ambushed but it was on three separate occasions.

Post Re: Images from God's Little Acre Ceremony 2006 
mcdangle wrote:
The European chap on the left (with the beard) is Cliff Standley who was a policeman in Singapore just after the second world war where he fought in Burma, and then was a rubber planation manager in Malaya where he was ambushed and shot three times by Communist Guerrillas during the Emergency. Don't know the dates he was ambushed but it was on three separate occasions.

Andy,

Thanks for the background information. Please thank Peter, from all of us, for taking the time and trouble to take the photographs and then to send them to the Fight4thePJM web site.

Barry

Many thanks for your kind words. It was a pleasure do do a 'wee' bit to help awareness over here in Malaysia.
I am speaking with some of the lads at the St.Andrews Society, Scottish Malaysian Society, etc. to see if I can get them to register onto your site and help towards the 1000 goal.
Keep up the good fight.

Semoga berjaya.

Barry,
Many thanks for your kind words. It was a pleasure do do a 'wee' bit to help awareness over here in Malaysia.
I am speaking with some of the lads at the St.Andrews Society, Scottish Malaysian Society, etc. to see if I can get them to register onto your site and help towards the 1000 goal.
Keep up the good fight.

Semoga berjaya.

Well done Pete and welcome to the forum!

Post God's Little Acre 
I think that the picture's supplied by Peter's son encapsulate what this campaign is all about - our friendships and cameraderie cross the borders of generation and race, and it shows the sincerity of our friends in Malaysia. Their enduring respect for the fallen does them great credit and should serve as a shining example to some of our own leaders, for whom loyalty and justice seems to be strange notions - both are available to all but at a price.
Gerry

Post Re: God's Little Acre 
GerryL wrote:
I think that the picture's supplied by Peter's son encapsulate what this campaign is all about - our friendships and cameraderie cross the borders of generation and race, and it shows the sincerity of our friends in Malaysia. Their enduring respect for the fallen does them great credit and should serve as a shining example to some of our own leaders, for whom loyalty and justice seems to be strange notions - both are available to all but at a price.
Gerry

Gerry,

Well said. Isn't it a shame and an utter disgrace that people in other countries show so much respect to those who fell on foreign fields and to those who saw action in the name of freedom when our own Cabinet Office, Civil Servants and most Labour Politicians in government at the moment, cannot even respect their own veterans. They tell us they 'could' have refused to give us the PJM and the withholding of permission to wear it has something to do with the words 'integrity and honour' and Royal Prerogative, all of which are shameful excuses to hide their pure arrogance in that 'you cannot wear it because we say so'. Well have I got news for them, they have been acting unlawfully for years and will not get away with it for much longer. If you are a gambler, you can bet on this.

John, thanks very much for the welcome. Its a pleasure and honour to be on the forum.

I have been reading with interest your site and the forum for some months, and because of Dad's commitment, I'm very aware of your just and honourable cause.
I have had the opportunity to discuss your campaign with many Malaysian friends from all races, young and old, and all, without exception,are fully behind you. The people of Malaysia are as bemused by HMG's stand as I think we all are.
At Batu Gajah, I met with a number of old planters, still residing here, who now spend their days at the Ipoh Club in Ipoh, and the Selangor Club in Kuala Lumpur. The Collisium Restaurant in KL also gets regular visits. All were extremly impressed by your lapel badge and by your campaign.
The Malaysian veteran, Harold, pictured in one of the photos, was close to tears when he received one of your lapel badges.
These lads remember.

Gerry, wonderfully put. Our Malaysian friends really do care. Friends then, friends now, friends always.

Semoga berjaya

John, thanks very much for the welcome. Its a pleasure and honour to be on the forum.

I have been reading with interest your site and the forum for some months, and because of Dad's commitment, I'm very aware of your just and honourable cause.
I have had the opportunity to discuss your campaign with many Malaysian friends from all races, young and old, and all, without exception,are fully behind you. The people of Malaysia are as bemused by HMG's stand as I think we all are.
At Batu Gajah, I met with a number of old planters, still residing here, who now spend their days at the Ipoh Club in Ipoh, and the Selangor Club in Kuala Lumpur. The Collisium Restaurant in KL also gets regular visits. All were extremly impressed by your lapel badge and by your campaign.
The Malaysian veteran, Harold, pictured in one of the photos, was close to tears when he received one of your lapel badges.
These lads remember.

Gerry, wonderfully put. Our Malaysian friends really do care. Friends then, friends now, friends always.

Semoga berjaya

Sadly Pete, I have had communication with a Colonel in the British High Commission in Kuala Lumpur who thinks there are no fences to mend between the British Government and The Malaysians. I have placed some info on the forum re The Colonels missives, perhaps the time is ripe for some REAL replies from REAL people in Malaysia as to what their thoughts are.

It really is great to have you onboard and thanks again for your own and fellow countrymans support.

Interesting about the Brit High Com. I understand that the new Defence Attache is a Colonel who has been in country for just a couple of months. He obviously hasn't been briefed properly yet!! His number 2 has been here for some time. We are also awaiting the handover from current British High Commissioner, Bruce Cleghorn to the new chap.
Take your point and perhaps some Malaysian citizens will write in with their views,soon!!!

Semoga berjaya

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1