Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Don Touhig Supports a Review
Post Re: Letter to the Foreign Sec'y 
BarryF wrote:
Brilliant letter, Jock. I hope others are inspired to write along similar lines.

I don't think John Ireland need inspiration - he's an unflagging supporter - but here's his letter to Mrs Beckett:

http://www.fight4thepjm.org/documents/irelandj_to_MBatFCO_080706.pdf

Great letter, John.

Barry

Cometh the day, cometh the hour.................

........Cometh a wearable PJM.

John Cooper wrote:
Cometh the day, cometh the hour.................

........Cometh a wearable PJM.

Well John when that permission has been granted I will hit the sack again and go back into full retirement and then leave everyone alone.................its as simple as that!

Thanks chaps, I learnt long ago that if you want something, be nice when you ask and as a politician of the blue variety myself George, I know that all politicians are just a little bit egocentric so it helps if you stroke that ego ever so slightly!!!

John

Well John when that permission has been granted I will hit the sack again and go back into full retirement and then leave everyone alone.................its as simple as that!

ANd so you should.

But for me, the fight against those Public Servants of HMG will have to continue.
Those Bar Stewards have frozen my hard earned pension in many places, while serving in the RAF (including Borneo, Sarawak, Brunei and Malaysia).

The sods won't pay annual increases (or the coal allowance in winter) to any one living in several Commonwealth countries.

Sounds familiar ?

But this is not the Forum for the 'Frozen Pension' debate. We're seeing "THEM" next in the "European Courts".

John Cooper wrote:

But for me, the fight against those Public Servants of HMG will have to continue.
Those Bar Stewards have frozen my hard earned pension in many places, while serving in the RAF (including Borneo, Sarawak, Brunei and Malaysia).

The sods won't pay annual increases (or the coal allowance in winter) to any one living in several Commonwealth countries.

Sounds familiar ?

But this is not the Forum for the 'Frozen Pension' debate. We're seeing "THEM" next in the "European Courts".

I fully agree with you and I hope that you succeed, it is high time that people realised just what is happening out there!!!

John

I think that we have known for a number of years what we have been up against its just that we now have a marvellous platform (the internet) to make sure these barstools don't keep getting away with it

JohnC

Reply from James Gray MP about the PJM after my letter to Margaret Beckett was copied to him. James is a member of The Honourable Artillery Company.

[img]

James is a good man and he will influence a large number of the younger Conservative MP's

Regards
John

[/img]

Reply from James Gray MP about the PJM after my letter to Margaret Beckett was copied to him. James is a member of The Honourable Artillery Company.

[img]

James is a good man and he will influence a large number of the younger Conservative MP's

Regards
John

[/img]

Good to see the support from James Gray MP, John. Smile

And this is the reply that I have had from Robert Key MP the Conservative member for Salisbury, another one on our side

John

Hello, John. Always good to hear from a Red Cap! I assure you I'll keep pressing on appropriate vehicles for the job.

I'm very pleased about the Pingat Jasa Malaysia - less pleased people cannot officially wear it. I do understand the arguments - but I hope enlightenment will prevail.

Best wishes from Robert Key.

And this is the reply that I have had from Robert Key MP the Conservative member for Salisbury, another one on our side

John,

This is great stuff, indeed. Robert Key is just the sort of man who will fight a good fight when he sees the cause is a just one.

Many thanks for your continuing support (I see from other emails that you are beavering away on all fronts on behalf of this campaign).

Barry

Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2