Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
WRITING A LETTER TO THE HD COMMITTEE
I thought it time that we bring this subject to newcomers attention, if you believe in your rights (Magna Carta and all that) then here are a few reminders of addresses you can write to, we can supply others if you so wish, but please be polite otherwise you will be ignored!

I thought it time that we bring this subject to newcomers attention, if you believe in your rights (Magna Carta and all that) then here are a few reminders of addresses you can write to, we can supply others if you so wish, but please be polite otherwise you will be ignored!

I'm a newbie and will start sending some messages in support of this fight. It might be difficult to be polite, though. I cannot believe what those civil servants and the Government have done. Surely this is discrimination. I served with Aussies and Kiwis (I am ex-Scots Guards) and there's no way the Brits don't deserve the same rights as others - we're all equal, and we're all Commonwealth. Great web site, by the way.

I'm a newbie and will start sending some messages in support of this fight. It might be difficult to be polite, though. I cannot believe what those civil servants and the Government have done. Surely this is discrimination. I served with Aussies and Kiwis (I am ex-Scots Guards) and there's no way the Brits don't deserve the same rights as others - we're all equal, and we're all Commonwealth. Great web site, by the way.[/quote]

AK

Welcome to the forum and thank you for taking the time out to reply to the forum and helping in the campaign. It is very difficult to be polite, I know, I at first 'sounded off' but received no replies so I moderated my tone, perhaps a letter to your MP might start the ball rolling if you are UK based.

We are a band of brothers and together will overturn an injustice but we need more like you to lobby parliament,

thanks again

John

Quote:
[quote="A Keen
I'm a newbie and will start sending some messages in support of this fight. It might be difficult to be polite, though. I cannot believe what those civil servants and the Government have done. Surely this is discrimination. I served with Aussies and Kiwis (I am ex-Scots Guards) and there's no way the Brits don't deserve the same rights as others - we're all equal, and we're all Commonwealth. Great web site, by the way.

AK

Welcome to the forum and thank you for taking the time out to reply to the forum and helping in the campaign. It is very difficult to be polite, I know, I at first 'sounded off' but received no replies so I moderated my tone, perhaps a letter to your MP might start the ball rolling if you are UK based.

We are a band of brothers and together will overturn an injustice but we need more like you to lobby parliament,

thanks again

John

'A Keen'...Let me agree with my friend John...both, in welcoming you to this Forum, and in welcoming your assistance and support....we are delighted to have the Scots Guards with us!

Letters to MP's, the HD Committee and the Foreign Office are certainly 'the way to go'...and let me further agree with John that it is important to be circumspect...if your prose is considered to be of an 'insulting' nature you will quickly be 'excommunicated' and no information will flow...It's neither necessary, nor is it profitable, to indulge in personal insult or invective in order to let your justifiable outrage at this situation be known....You have the high ground....maintain it!

And for those who think that it is too difficult to fight an unresponsive government, let me remind them of the words of Margaret Mead...who wrote:

“Do not underestimate the power of a small group of dedicated people to change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.”

Post Re: WRITING A LETTER TO THE HD COMMITTEE 
George F wrote:
If any subscribers wish to copy Dennis's letter please feel free to do so.

Please note: It will only cost you 8 second class stamps, the price of a pint of beer .

Cheers George F

Dear Sir
I was proud to serve my Queen and country in the army and I am equally proud to call myself a veteran of the Malaysia Confrontation and when the King of Malay bestowed an honour to all the commonwealth forces personnel I was even more proud of being part of it. Now I am told that I cannot wear with pride my Pingat Jasa Malaysia medal WHY! WHY! WHY! I am not the one who as made a great mistake and been made to look silly in the eyes of the world, so please rectify the wrong that as been done and allow the veterans to wear their medal. Thank you.

Dennis.

Dennis - Thanks for taking the time and trouble to write that letter. It will have an impact as the people involved in the decision review the situation.

Please contact me via Private Messages and send me your snail mail address and I'd be delighted to send you one of our PJM lapel pins with my compliments, George's, and those of all who are leading this just campaign. You earned it - just as you earned the PJM itself.

All the best,

Barry

Barry and all,

From the 25 th July our UK parliament will be on summer recess. So writing to any elected ministers will be unanswered for at least two and a half months. It is therefore imperative we keep our campaign going so the only ones in whitehall who wont have such long holidays are the eight HD committee members who are civil servants and military officers.

This is the time we should concentrate on sending letters to these HD committee members to pile on the shame and keep reminding them what a load of out of date meanspirited elitist pillocks they all are.George F

Yes lets do this big time George. What I really cannot understand is how a bunch of unelected cruds can take over a year to sit pontificating on a foreign award to their OWN people and then reject the wearing of it. We have said this before DEAD PARROT, ADMIRAL, MONTY PYTHON ......you couldn't write a script like this

Post Letter to H.D. Committee 
Copy of my Letter to all seven members of the HD Committee.....

I was extremely proud to serve my Queen and country whilst on secondment from the Royal Navy to “Other Forces” and I am equally proud to call myself a veteran of the Malaysia / Indonesian Confrontation. When the King and Government of Malay bestowed an honour to all Commonwealth forces personnel who were involved I was equally proud of being part of what is considered (militarily) to have been a very successful campaign. I am now told that I can accept but am not allowed to wear my Pingat Jasa Malaysia medal. I would like to know WHY. I am not the one who has made an error of judgement and now look somewhat incompetent around the world, Veterans now reside in such places as Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Mayasia, Singapore, the United States and South Africa as well as the United Kingdom so please rectify the wrong that the H.D Committee has perpetuated and allow us the veterans to wear our Medal with Pride and Unrestricted.
Yours Truly
Terry Revell

Post Re: Letter to H.D. Committee 
revellt wrote:
Copy of my Letter to all seven members of the HD Committee.....

I was extremely proud to serve my Queen and country whilst on secondment from the Royal Navy to “Other Forces” and I am equally proud to call myself a veteran of the Malaysia / Indonesian Confrontation. When the King and Government of Malay bestowed an honour to all Commonwealth forces personnel who were involved I was equally proud of being part of what is considered (militarily) to have been a very successful campaign. I am now told that I can accept but am not allowed to wear my Pingat Jasa Malaysia medal. I would like to know WHY. I am not the one who has made an error of judgement and now look somewhat incompetent around the world, Veterans now reside in such places as Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Mayasia, Singapore, the United States and South Africa as well as the United Kingdom so please rectify the wrong that the H.D Committee has perpetuated and allow us the veterans to wear our Medal with Pride and Unrestricted.
Yours Truly
Terry Revell

Terry

Well done, we need more like this from others, PLEASE!

Let us make sure that when these Ministers and others return from their summer break that they will truly know the meaning of a MALAYAN SWAMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post .. 

Last edited by ro5=6372 on Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

I received the identical letter from this man some months ago. He was in fact the only member of the HD committee to even reply to what was a very polite letter. As for the admiral, he is far to important to even think about writing to a Royal Marine, far beneath him.

Bob Bryant

I have had three emails from a serving Colonel in the British High Commission in Kuala Lumpur after I wrote asking about mending fences with the Malaysian people over the PJM issue, whilst his replies were very prompt the next day, I am afraid they are the usual 'bog standard' out of touch, unreal, not on this planet replies.

Que Sera Sera

I think you have hit the nail on the head there Bob.How dare the lower deck question the authority of an Admiral.
Rgds.Ray

Post LESSON , NUMBER ONE. 
ELO BOYS AND GIRL'S, BUT I HAVE NOTICED,THAT SOME OF MEMBERSHIP ,IS GIVING UNDUE,RESPECT IN CERTAIN QUARTERS, THIS MUST STOP!! YOU MUST NOT LOOK UP TO 'THEM',AND RIGHT FROM THE START THINK THAT 'THEY ', ARE SUPERIOR, WHEN NO REPLIES COME,ANYONE WHO HAS SERVED IS AN EQUAL,ALL THAT YES SIR NO SIR, ENDED YEARS AGO, SO PSE STOP THIS SUBSERVIANCE,NATURAL JUSTICE WILL PREVAIL, AS THAT CDR FOUND OUT,WHEN I SAW HIM SLAP A SEVEN YEAR GIRL, WEARING RAGS, TRYING TO SELL WRIGLEYS CHEWING GUM ON THE EDGE OF 'THE FORBIDDEN CITY' KOWLOON IN THE EARLY HOURS CIRCA 19++, WHEN I ASKED HIM WHAT THE KINL HE THOUGHT HE WAS DOING, GOT THE STANDARD REPLY, "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?" NO SEZ I , DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM? NO SEZ HE, GAVE HIM A STANDARD NAVAL ISSUE GOOD HIDING, AND YES SIR I HOPE IT KINL HURT TOO!
LESSON'S IN PROTOCOL'S AND PRECEDENCE, WILL FOLLOW AS REQUIRED,SORRY BOYS AND GIRL'S,AS YOU CAN GUESS , H.M.S. GANGES, TRAINING WAS THOROUGH!

Ganges trained as well ro5=6372.From your past posts I thought there was a hint of a bit of rebellion in you.Must be the way we were trained.Benbow 32 1958.Sandy bottoms to you.
Regds Ray

Ganges also, Hawke 47 mess 1960. I'm glad us old trogs have still got some fight left to support our comrades from other services in this battle to overcome injustice.
Ivor Rich ex RN borneo/Malaya 63/65

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1