Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Introduction2
Can everyone that reads this forum and in particular this thread take 5 minutes of your time by writing a note to anyone that might be interested in The Right to Wear the PJM Campaign, I know a lot of you have done so but we have VETERANS DAY (Gordon Browns baby) on June 27th and it would be nice to have a 'Zap 'Em' day at about this time.

Veterans Day is intended for all ex servicemen that served Queen and Country, the powers that be wish us all to be remembered by this our special day so it is our intention to reciprocate by reminding those same people (Including the probable future Prime Minister) what their obligations are all about

One of our members, Paul Alders, on the forum here sent this quote to a high ranking official within the UK Civil Service just a few hours ago

As for wearing my PJM, I am left with a problem. Do I offend Her Majesty by wearing the PJM or do I offend those that died in the Emergency & the Confrontation by not wearing the PJM.

May I ask, if you were in my place, what would you do?
I look forward to your reply.

I might just add that the above quote is probably the most apt for this forum and this folks is what this campaign is all about, I don't give a fig that I as an individual am not 'officially' permitted to wear the PJM but I too do give that allegiance of those that never came back that we should honour this award to the fallen by a very grateful King of Malaysia and its people

[quote="John Cooper"]Can everyone that reads this forum and in particular this thread take 5 minutes of your time by writing a note to anyone that might be interested in The Right to Wear the PJM Campaign, I know a lot of you have done so but we have VETERANS DAY (Gordon Browns baby) on June 27th and it would be nice to have a 'Zap 'Em' day at about this time.

Veterans Day is intended for all ex servicemen that served Queen and Country, the powers that be wish us all to be remembered by this our special day so it is our intention to reciprocate by reminding those same people (Including the probable future Prime Minister) what their obligations are all about

One of our members, Paul Alders, on the forum here sent this quote to a high ranking official within the UK Civil Service just a few hours ago

[i]As for wearing my PJM, I am left with a problem. Do I offend Her Majesty by wearing the PJM or do I offend those that died in the Emergency & the Confrontation by not wearing the PJM.

May I ask, if you were in my place, what would you do?
I look forward to your reply.[/i] I THINK THE HIGH RANKING OFFICIAL, HAS ALREADY ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION, CAN'T HELP CHUM ,HAVN'T SERVED, JOINED CIVIL SERVICE INSTEAD!

I might just add that the above quote is probably the most apt for this forum and this folks is what this campaign is all about, I don't give a fig that I as an individual am not 'officially' permitted to wear the PJM but I too do give that allegiance of those that never came back that we should honour this award to the fallen by a very grateful King of Malaysia and its people[/quote]

Excellent website and better run than the moroons in parliment

Post Valentine's post... 
Welcome aboard Valentine!...glad to have you join us in the fight...should you ever take a notion to lobby your MP with a letter about the PJM, please don't resist the temptation!

Excellent website and better run than the moroons in parliment

Reiterate Jocks Welcome Valentine, any questions don't be afraid to ask

John

Welcome to the web site, Valentine. Hope to see you on the Forum again. All the best, Barry

Post Fight 4 the PJM 
Hi Troops!

Just got an email from one of the BOYS (Paul Alders) to register my vote.

I have been involved in ''Fight 4 the PJM'' since 2005 and todate I have had two articles printed in the Bath Chronicle.
An email was also forwarded to the Bath MP (Don Foster) requesting his assistance in the FIGHT to wear the medal. Typical MP, NO REPLY.

I did receive calls from over 15 Veterans in the Bath area and have assisted them by forwarding the Application Form and details of the PJM (with pictures from the NMBVA Website).

In 1962/65, I was a Helicopter Crewman with 110 Squadron RAF, stationed at Butterworth (Malaya) and Seletar (Singapore).
Our Operational Bases in Borneo were; Brunei, Labaun and Kuching.

I returned to Butterworth and Seletar in Sept/Oct 2005 and I do have some good photographs of the trip.

Will post more info. for you guys later. Check out the NMBVA Website for the latest info. on the PJM. It looks as if July 19 is the start date for the Malaysian High Commission, London to issue the PJM.

Keep up the Fight.

RAYRO

Last edited by Raymond G. Rees-Oliviere on Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:10 am; edited 2 times in total
You are most welcome, all you have to do now is get ten others to join.
As an erk at Kuching & Labaun it might have been you who got me a gash flight, I was always looking for someone to give me a flight.
Many thanks for your support with more like you on our side we will win.

Welcome to the forum and your first post, like Paul thank you for your support

John

Post Re: Fight 4 the PJM 
Raymond G. Rees-Oliviere wrote:

In 1962/65, I was a Helicopter Crewman with 110 Squadron RAF, stationed at Butterworth (Malaya) and Seletar (Singapore). Our Operational Bases in Borneo were; Brunei, Labaun and Kuching.

I returned to Butterworth and Seletar in Sept/Oct 2005 and I do have some good photographs of the trip.

RAYRO.

I was on 52 Sqdn from 1962 to 1964.

I was on the Beverley that flew out of Butterworth the night before Christmas Day, carrying one of your choppers for Brunei and Borneo.

I did many detachments to Labuan and flew all over Brunei, Borneo and Sarawak with the Valettas of 52.

We'll have to swop photos!

Smile

Post Read about your struggle in Malaysian newspaper 
Dear Sirs,

As a Malaysian, I found out about this worthy site in Malaysia'a The Star daily 20th August 2006. I certainly support your struggle to have the right and recognition for wearing the honoured Pingat Jasa Malaysia. While I may not have been born during the Emergency, my father certainly was involved as he was a local young volunteer in the Malayan Army fighting the Communist insurgents then.

In fact, my father (Prof. Emeritus Dr. Col. Ariffin Suhaimi) was also one of the co-authors of the new pictorial book 'The Malayan Emergency 1948-1960' which further records with never before published photos on the heroic efforts of so many people, locals and British/Commonwealth members in the struggle against communist insurgency.

Most importantly, while defensive warfare was necessary, the Malayan Emergency was also notable for its parallel effort to look at the roots of the problem and thus to win the hearts and minds of not just the population not to support the insurgents but also of the communists themselves, and this was successful too! This holds a big lesson for what's happening with Bush's so-called War on Terror today.

BTW, I fully support the banning of the Communist Party of Malaya (CPM) terrorist leader chin peng's book as it contains many self-serving skewed interpretations that don't hold up to history nor common sense. His book is an insult to all Malaysians and the efforts of all the people who struggled against CPM's tyranny.

I salute you all, and may you win the rightful right to wear the PJM with pride and honour. "Pingat kami, Hak kami"!

With best regards,

Ahmad Najib Bin Ariffin
Architect and Chief Editor "ASIANA Heritage & Travel" magazine, Malaysia.
najib@asianaheritage.com or nadge.my@gmail.com

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your support.

Post Re: Read about your struggle in Malaysian newspaper 
Nadge wrote:
As a Malaysian, I found out about this worthy site in Malaysia'a The Star daily 20th August 2006. I certainly support your struggle to have the right and recognition for wearing the honoured Pingat Jasa Malaysia.

Thank you very much for your support and generosity of thought regarding the Pingat Jasa Malaysia and the British veterans who are fight for the right to wear with honour the honourable Malaysian medal.

Here is another message we have received:

" - - -

Name=Maulvi Bakar
Subject=Let them wear their PJMs with pride

Message=Dear sir

I know this comment will go the fight4thepjm.org but the message below was more intended to the powers that be.

Many governments are guily of forgeting those that have served them in the past. Be it civil servants or those in uniform, especially those who gave the ultimate sacrifice.

Sometimes governments suddenly chose to remember these ordinary people who did extra-ordinary things during perilous times. The government of Malaysia have decided to award these ordinary men and women a token medal of remembrance, the PJM for their extra-ordinary services during those perilous times of national emergency.

To these brave men and women, I sincerely believe that this token of remembrance are of value and significance more than the medal's weight, size or material. It is a symbol of their extra-ordinary service given to them by a grateful nation - I am very much grateful myself.

Two score years have gone by since those perilous time, the world has changed. The political climate has changed too. The past does not change, it may be hidden or concealed but the truth will prevail and be set free. The truth of these brave men and women have been revealed and their medals are their proof. Whatever differences between the two nations have today, let not these brave men and women suffer and be victimized. The have suffered, bled and died during those perilous times, let them be remembered today while the survivors are still with us.

Sincere regards and thanks!

Maulvi Bakar
Kajang
MALAYSIA

- - - "

'Terima Kasih' to all the people of Malaysia.

Barry

Send a copy of that letter to all the suits.
they might just realize what this fight is all about.

Wonderful letter from Maulvi Bakar, Kajang, Kuala Lumpur. Thank you, Sir, and thank you to your nation for the honour you have bestowed upon us by giving us the Pingat Jasa Malaysia medal.

No matter what the British Establishment say or do, they will never take away the pride we have in our Pingat Jasa Malaysia medal.

I WILL wear it with pride!! I earned it.

Terima Kasih - Pingat Kami - Hak Kami.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next