Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
PJM Lapel Badge
Post PJM Lapel Badge 
We are getting a lot of requests regarding the PJM Lapel badge that is in the form of a pin.

Just a little background information on the badge, a friend of mine Dave Bloomfield and a group of forumites considered a design for this badge, it took a lot of deliberation in getting it absolutely right with the motif in Malay meaning OUR MEDAL OUR RIGHT.

This is an enamel badge and they are not cheap to produce so we have to consider many possibilities on how to market the badge and I might just add that there is absolutely no monetary gain in issuing these apart from covering the costs of production and P&P. We haven't even fixed a price but £3 per badge inc P&P has been muted but overseas recipients might have to pay slightly more to cover additional overseas postage. I can also add that we have representatives in Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Malaysia and elsewhere who have volunteered to despatch some of these.

We know that a great deal of interest has been and is being shown in these badges (and I think you might be a little surprised who some of the recipients are that support our cause!). The first batch made was for 500 these to my knowledge have largely been issued, but we are now aiming at a membership of 1000 registrants on this forum (I believe we have passed 800 by today) and it will be members of this forum who will be first served if another batch is produced.

You will have seen elsewhere on this forum and the web that some Malaysian Veterans 1957-66 have been invited to the Malaysian High Commission in London on Wednesday 19th of July to be presented with their PJMs which is being presented with the full OFFICIAL PJM, miniature and ribbon inside a presentation box. Because some of us are involved with the ceremony and lobbying it is doubtful that a decision will be made about the PJM badges before July 19th. Rest assured INTENSE lobbying to Government Ministers, MPs and different departments within Whitehall is continuing and takes an awful lot of our time for some of us retirees, God knows what Whitehall think about their workload!

If you would like to register your interest in the badge please place your requests here, absolutely NOTHING is cast in stone yet as to whether any more will be produced but if it looks as if there might be a demand for say 1000+ then I'm sure anything is possible.

We all appreciate your interest and help that some of you give, we need more help with getting our message across, we really need to make Whitehall think they never made that 'refusal to wear' declaration on January 31st 2006, sadly they did, it is up to them to get Her Majesty The Queen to overturn that decision and we with your help are here to make it happen.

When it has happened we can all go into retirement again, meanwhile................

Post The Lapel Badge is now on sale 
The prestigious Fight4thePJM Lapel Badge is now on sale at:

http://www.fight4thepjm.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=522

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1