Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
The Need To Weed
Post The Need To Weed 
The Forum now has over 5000 posts with nearly 3500 in the current Public Forum.

It is no longer possible for people to navigate around these posts and find the key materiaL

And so we propose weeding out older posts. If any of yours are included, please forgive us. The weeding is not done by name of author ... it is done by date.

Isn't that is why there is a SEARCH box at the top of the forum Barry, I use this if requiring something I think might be older than 6 weeks and I have forgotten where it is.

Isn't that is why there is a SEARCH box at the top of the forum Barry, I use this if requiring something I think might be older than 6 weeks and I have forgotten where it is.

John, Thanks for reminding us about Search utilities - one just for the Forum (second row of menus, 3-Search), and the powerful one that searches the Forum and the whole web site (top row menu option Search).

But it has been suggested that there are still too many posts - but we are happy to leave 'as is' if that is the preferred option.

Barry

John Cooper wrote:

John, Thanks for reminding us about Search utilities - one just for the Forum (second row of menus, 3-Search), and the powerful one that searches the Forum and the whole web site (top row menu option Search).

But it has been suggested that there are still too many posts - but we are happy to leave 'as is' if that is the preferred option.

Barry

I strongly agree with John on this one.......this has been a hard campaign for some people and there could still be some way to go before we are assured of complete success. Some people have spent many hours compiling letters and emails to various people and it would be a shame to loose all that. Keeping the early posts allows one the ability to see where we have been.
Apart from the 2 search options we also have an option where we can select how far to go back......if you only want to veiw the postings for the past month then you can select that, therefore I can't see how keeping the full history of the campaign available to anybody who want so see it is any inconvenience.

Apart from the 2 search options we also have an option where we can select how far to go back......if you only want to veiw the postings for the past month then you can select that, therefore I can't see how keeping the full history of the campaign available to anybody who want so see it is any inconvenience.

KenN0898 wrote:

Ken,

I think your comment, and those of John and others, makes it clear that we can keep the Forum 'as is' for now.

The suggestion was raised by some readers but I think the arguments for keeping the posts now outweighs their worries.

People have spent a lot of time posting messages and we are grateful for that.

Furthermore, the sheer number of posts will remind those from the Government and the Civil Service (apparently our web site is 'cult viewing' in some Departments) that this campaign is huge, is growing, and support is from four continents. The quality of the posts underlines that contributors are aware of the issues. The intensity of some of the replies emphasises that the shameful and mean-minded recommendation has touched on the lives of many ordinary men and women all over the world - that should never have happened in our society ... the one PJMers (and others) fought to protect.

The Forum stays as is.

Barry

Good decision Barry,well done.Personally I like to go back to old posts.
regds Ray

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1