who has given us freedom of religion.

It is the VETERAN, not the reporter,
who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the VETERAN, not the poet,
who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the VETERAN, not the campus organizer,
who has given us freedom to assemble.

It is the VETERAN, not the lawyer,
who has given us the right to a fair trial.

It is the VETERAN, not the politician,
Who has given us the right to vote.

It is the VETERAN,
who salutes the Flag,

Smile I think Spud Murphy may have recruited The Master of Signals General Sir Sam Cowan KCB CBE to the right to wear the PJM. During our Royal Signals Association reunion at Blandford, [June 30th, July1/2] he noticed that in the write up on the General [he was the reviewing officer] that his early service included a 3 year tour with the Queens Gurkha Signals in Malaya, Borneo and Hong Kong, so Saturday evening when we were having drinks in the Sgt's Mess he approached the General and asked him if he would accept the lapel badge, which Barry Fleming had sent me, to which the General said he would be delighted, where upon Spud got a photo of him presenting the badge to the General. I also think that Spud is sending him an application form for the PJM. We never know he may kick a few arse's in MOD, let's hope so.

Welcome to the forum, thank you for your post and it is great to hear that the badges too are going to the right people

Post VETERAN,AS MADE IN UK. 
Morning all,caps lock off,burt youll hav to cheque mi spelllin,OH B**LLS THATS BETTER.
NOTICED ALL THE ADVERTS ON TELLY,T.A. + REGULAR ARMY TITLED' FORWARD AS ONE', LOTS OF BRAND NEW SOLDIERS, FULLY KITTED UP,ARMOURED VEHICLES,HELICOPTERS,PARACHUTES, COMING OUT OF AIRCRAFT,EVEN SOME UP TO THEIR NECK IN A POND! ALL AGAINST A NICE GREEN HEATHLAND TREE'S ETC. . I DIDN'T KNOW IRAQ OR AFGHANISTAN LOOKED LIKE THAT,THOUGHT IRAQ WAS A FLYBLOWN DESERT, WITH BODY ARMOUR ONE BETWEEN TWO ,AND AFGHANISTAN , THE TERRAIN IS AWSOME, AND OPPOSITIONS BIGGEST ASSET,BIN LADEN AIN'T PRESUMED TO BE HIDING THERE FOR NOTHING,NO ARMY IN HISTORY HAS WON A WAR THERE, FACT, SO 1200 SHARP END TROOPS IN 3 SHIFTS, POLICING AN AREA SIZE OF WALES,AIN'T GOING TO HAVE MUCH EFFECT ON , STAN'S BACKYARD,AND THE T'BAN DRUG COMPANY.SO IF YOU ARE THINKING OF GOING 'FORWARD AS ONE',YOU MIGHT COME HOME ALONE, AND IN PIECES IN A BOX. ASK A VETERAN,WHO DO YOU TRUST?: YOUR MATES,WHERE'S YOUR LOYALTY?: YOUR MATES,WHATS GOOD? THE GOOD TIMES WITH YOUR MATES: WHAT SUCKS? JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING ELSE!
WHILE OUR TROOPS ARE DOING THE GOVERNMENTS BIDDING,
WHERE WILL OUR 'PAMPERED MEMBERS', SORRY M.P.s BE ,WHY ON THE LONGEST HOLIDAY,IN THE WORKING SECTOR,CHECKING THEIR BANK ACCOUNTS.
EMPEROR RRTOWNN + FURSTLADEE, WILL BE SCANNING THE 'RICH LIST' FOR A FREBBIE HOLIDAY, AND UK PLC, WILL BE IN CHARGE OF THE COUNTRIES BEST PAID UNEMPLOYED PERSON, YIP BIFFO JAGWAR, HE HAS A STAFF OF 20+, RUMOUR HAS IT THERE PURPOSE IS TO FORM A RING ROUND BIFFO, TO KEEP HIM OUT OF PUNCHING RANGE OF THE PUBLIC.LASTLY IN TO DAYS ROUND UP,
SUCH WAS THE SUCCESS OF THE NAVIES GAY PRIDE, MARCH,AS EVIDENCED BY THE PHOTO'S, THE ENTIRE FLEET WAS THERE WITH ITS C.P.O. THAT THE RECENTLY PROMOTED 'TONGUE -IN -CHEEK ADMIRAL SEETHRU - LONGJONNS' HAS COME UP WITH SOME MORE IDEA'S ,ALL WARSHIPS TO BE REPAINTED, HUNTING PINK,WITH A BIT OF BLUSHER ON THE BOTTOM,THE TITLE R.N. IS TO GO , TO BE REPLACED BY 'YOUNG MATELOTS CRUISING ASSOC' OR Y.M.C.A., LASTLY THE TERM 'SHIPS COMPANY' IS TO BE REPLACED BY THE TERM 'VILLAGE PEOPLE', ALSO THE TERM 'WHITE ENSIGN' IS BEING CONSIDERED FOR CHANGE, IN CASE IT OFFENDS A POTENTIAL ENEMY. SO FIND YOUR VETERANS, AND MAYBE ALSO ASK, HOW ARE YOU TREATED, ONCE YOU'VE LEFT, POINT EM HERE,AND FIND OUT. A VETERAN!

SPARE A THOUGHT FOR FAMILY OF 19 YEAR OLD SQUADDIE LASTEST K.I.A. IN AFGHANISTAN.

Smile I think Spud Murphy may have recruited The Master of Signals General Sir Sam Cowan KCB CBE to the right to wear the PJM.

And herewith, Terry, the proof of the pudding - General Cowan being presented with the prestigious Fight4thePJM Lapel Pin by Spud himself. The piccie is "Courtesy of Spud Murphy". Spud sent the image to me with this message:

"Hi Barry, hope you like the photo. General Cowan asked me to send a copy to the WIRE so I don't think he will mind if it is on our web. He was well informed of our fight for the PJM and gave his backing and, as you know, requested an application form. I hope to see you at the NMBVA weekend. Regards, Spud Murphy"

Smile Thank you Barry and well done Spud, also thank you John Cooper, I always visit the site at least once every two days and have read almost all the Forum posts. I have not posted anything till now as I think all that should be said is being said and more! When I can make a good contribution I will, in the meantime keep up the good work all of you and I am sure there are thousands out there just like me who visit the site but do not post anything.

Smile Thank you Barry and well done Spud, also thank you John Cooper, I always visit the site at least once every two days and have read almost all the Forum posts. I have not posted anything till now as I think all that should be said is being said and more! When I can make a good contribution I will, in the meantime keep up the good work all of you and I am sure there are thousands out there just like me who visit the site but do not post anything.

Terry, your support, whether you post or not, is invaluable to the campaign. Thank you for continuing to give it through thick and thin. You were one who supported the cause throughout 2005 when we were fighting the total rejection of the PJM - we won't forget that.

And you spread the gospel and encourage others to consider our case on other Forums - I've seen that support. We can ask for no more than that.

And, anyway, it's two posts you've made now!

All the best, Barry

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1