Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Why has HMG no legalization medal wearing rules
I hope this link works to one of my websites

Unrestricted/Restricted take a butchers.......

http://community.webshots.com/album/542043451QHRWkQ

Post Wearing of PJM 
Hi. Although this issue has not yet been resolved. The Government has said that you cannot ear a foreign decoration if, for the same campaign, a British decoration was issued. A
OH YEH what about the Gulf War when vets can wear the Saudia Arabia Medal issued by the Saudia Gov???

You may wish to know that the issuing of the PJM by the MOD Medal Office is off and running.
Please write with your service details to:
The MOD Medal Office
Building 250
RAF Innsworth
Gloucester
GL3 1HW
give all service details. I spoke to them this am and they have confirmed that they will be issuing the PJM to all those that apply and are elegible.

Les Welling

Any reason for this Les as on the Vets MoD Website it says contact through one of the many agencies as they are the only ones issuing the application forms

Post Re: Wearing of PJM 
leswelling wrote:
You may wish to know that the issuing of the PJM by the MOD Medal Office is off and running.

Welcome to the Forum, Les.

I wonder if anybody at the MOD knows what they're doing? As I understood it, they were standing back from this and waiting for the Associations to do the tabbing. It's very interesting to hear that they've told you people can apply to them direct.

I am still concerned that the MOD have not yet explained the end-date issue - one for us, one for the rest of the Commonwealth it would appear!

Post PJM 
John Cooper wrote:
Any reason for this Les as on the Vets MoD Website it says contact through one of the many agencies as they are the only ones issuing the application forms

Not sure what the answer to that is. I can only reinterate that when I spoke to the Medal Office at Innsworth today, they assured me that they will be issuing the medal. They did not mention an application form. They just said write in with your details. I suspect that when they get my letter they will send me an application form!

Post PJM 
Further to my last! I rang a large number of companies who supply miniture medals and they have all told me that they are aware of the medal but are awaiting permission to copy it in miniture form. They suggest I ring back in a month or two!

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1