"We should recognise our PJM veterans"

Today is Veterans Day, a day to say thank you to all British Servicemen &
Women who have defended this country.

Today our Prime Minister and various Ministers will go in front of the media
& pontificate on how much they appreciate the Veterans and will want
themselves photographed/filmed giving out Medals, Badges & shaking hands
with people who have served this Country. But there is one Medal that they
will not be giving out and that is the Medal that the King & People of
Malaysia have awarded 35,000 British Veterans.

The Pingat Jasa Malaysia (PJM) is a Commonwealth Medal awarded to ALL
Commonwealth Forces that defended Malaysia from Aug 1957 to 1966.
The UK is the only Commonwealth Country that will not allow their Veterans
now in their 60s & 70s to wear this Medal. Why Not.

I ask you on behalf of 35,000 British Citizens who do not have a voice to
ask any member of this Government WHY. Why are we the only Commonwealth
Country that will not allow its Veterans to wear the PJM on Remembrance Day?"

Paul Alders

Post Re: Paul Alders Letter in Coventry Evening Telegraph 
BarryF wrote:
Paul has written a brilliant letter to his local paper!

Well said, Paul. Is this discrimination or what! I'm pleased the Aussies and Kiwis have got their medal and can wear it. Did the Queen really say we were not up to it, we are not as good as the others, and so must not wear it? Or was she told to say that? Mick

Post Re: Paul's letter... 
Well done Paul...this is the stuff we have to give them...no politician likes to see himself, or his party, portrayed in such terms...and with every such letter published, the greater becomes the pressure for change.

Let me urge all readers of this site to emulate Paul's example by writing to the editor of their local paper on any available opportunity....and don't forget to include the website url http://www.fight4thepjm.org as a parting shot!

mick read wrote:
BarryF wrote:
Paul has written a brilliant letter to his local paper!

Well said, Paul. Is this discrimination or what! I'm pleased the Aussies and Kiwis have got their medal and can wear it. Did the Queen really say we were not up to it, we are not as good as the others, and so must not wear it? Or was she told to say that? Mick

They have now admitted that they cannot police the wearing of the PJM because their instructions are not lawful ie. an unelected committee cannot give civilians orders, much as they would like to. They apparently told The Queen that she could give such an order but as she is the Constitutional Head of our country I would have thought that she could only do this on the recommendations of our lawful government. Of course, many of us have asked many people in government 'who gave the order that the PJM cannot be worn' but guess what, no-one has been given an answer to that question - I just wonder why?
We are every bit as good as the others and British Troops have proved this throughout the world but when it comes to our establishment then we are the laughing stock of the universe.
Yes, it is discrimination and this will be proved one day.

mcdangle wrote:

They apparently told The Queen that she could give such an order but as she is the Constitutional Head of our country I would have thought that she could only do this on the recommendations of our lawful government.

Speaking as an ex UK serviceman, now an Aussie citizen, there's no way that I can believe that The Queen signed off on two separate pieces of paper allowing the Aussies and Kiwis to wear their PJMs and then when presented with the third piece of paper, signed that one as well.

I believe that that bit of crap was added, after The Queens signed the paper. And these cretins are hiding behind her skirts, telling us that its what the Queen signed.

No way Hose.

Last edited by John Feltham on Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

John Feltham wrote:
mcdangle wrote:

They apparently told The Queen that she could give such an order but as she is the Constitutional Head of our country I would have thought that she could only do this on the recommendations of our lawful government.

Speaking as an ex UK serviceman, now an Aussie citizen, ther's no way that I can believe that The Queen signed off on two separate pieces of paper allowing the Aussies and Kiwis to wear their PJMs and then when presented with the third piece of paper, signed that one as well.

I believe that that bit of crap was added, after The Queens signed the paper. And these cretins are hiding behind her skirts, telling us that its waht the Queen signed.

No way Hose.

Agreed John. I have said this all along, and that is why they will not tell us who made the non-wearing order. Everyone I speak to, including politicians, have said they do not believe the Queen would sign such a recommendation and if this is the case then some liar is in for big trouble and should be looking at the job ads. Time will tell but don't you think that with such a serious piece of deception Her Majesty the Queen or her representatives would be hopping mad.

mcdangle wrote:
John Feltham wrote:
mcdangle wrote:

Speaking as an ex UK serviceman, now an Aussie citizen, ther's no way that I can believe that The Queen signed off on two separate pieces of paper allowing the Aussies and Kiwis to wear their PJMs and then when presented with the third piece of paper, signed that one as well.

I believe that that bit of crap was added, after The Queens signed the paper. And these cretins are hiding behind her skirts, telling us that its waht the Queen signed.

No way Hose.

Agreed John. I have said this all along, and that is why they will not tell us who made the non-wearing order. Everyone I speak to, including politicians, have said they do not believe the Queen would sign such a recommendation and if this is the case then some liar is in for big trouble and should be looking at the job ads. Time will tell but don't you think that with such a serious piece of deception Her Majesty the Queen or her representatives would be hopping mad.

Yes I have that letter signed by The Minister at The FCO, they are hiding behind someones skirts (The Freedom of Information Act). They are LIARS and one day they will be outed, it is up to us to tell them they are liars and get them to prove they are not by invoking The Civil Service Code on these reprobates. What goes round comes round!

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1