Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
The Free Press
Post The Free Press 
Copy of an email sent to every newspaper I had an email address of.

Greetings to the Free Press,

The British Armed Forces have protected these isles for many centuries so much so that we have a Free Press to be proud of in this country but do we have a truly Free Democracy? I do not think so, not when a small number of Civil Servants can dictate Government Ministers responses to letters from members of the Public.

For months 35,000 Malaysian Veterans have been trying to get a straight answer to the question of “why can we not wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal (PJM) awarded to us by the King & People of Malaysia, a pro-western Islamic State?”

The Civil Servants answers have been inventive as they are numerous and they keep applying the so called 5 year rule, a rule that has never been passed by Parliament. Also how can the so called 5 year rule be applied to a Commemorative Medal? No Commemorative Medal is ever issued under 5 years. It does not make any sense.

On the 27th June, the first Veterans Day in this Country, our Prime Minister & Government Ministers will use the media to say how much they appreciate members of the Armed Services.

Well they appreciate us so much that they will not let us, now in our 60s & 70s wear the PJM on Remembrance Day. WHY NOT?

So on this day, the 27th June, I’m asking you members of the press to ask our elected representatives “are you going to give 35,000 Malaysian Veterans the same rights as their Australian & New Zealand Comrades and let them wear the PJM Medal?”

I thank you for you time & trouble

from
Paul Alders
Malay/Borneo Veteran

Well 'writ' Paul. I wish we could give them one - a writ, that is.

Come on we need something in the PRESS this Tuesday.

Contact the media by email or phone to late to snail mail unless its in the post today to arrive 1st thing Monday morning.

YOUR CAMPAIGN, YOUR MEDAL, NEEDS YOUR SUPPORT THIS TUESDAY.

Post Veterans Day, Scottish Borders. 
Herewith extract from a local Scottish borders newspaper about the big Veterans Day events.
Wow, veterans are being presented with lapel badges they requested from Russell Brown MP at a local hotel where there are no doubt free drinks and snacks. I was refused a lapel badge by Brown's office and told that as I am not one of his constituents I should get my lapel badge from the Veterans Agency.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1