Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 3 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Formal wearing of PJM Medal
Post Re: Daily Mail 
GerryL wrote:
Sadly, this story has been done by other rival papers, which means we cannot do it as we are always after Exclusives.

Gerry, We came across this principle of exclusivity when Bob Bryant received a similar 'rejection slip' from the Street of Shame. See http://www.fight4thepjm.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=234&highlight=exclusivity#234.

George or you will know, but I think it was the Daily Express that considered itself to have the 'exclusive' - perhaps we should concentrate all our fire power on them.

Gerry, Barry,

IF we are still refused to wear the PJM medal officially by HMG on 27 June Veterans Honour Day and the two months leading up to 31 August 2006 then we can hit the newspapers, if by then HMG have not done a u/turn.

Why not start plannng your own 'formation' for the Veterans Honour Day March?

Don't forget that you will need banners to demonstrate (pardon the pun), who you're representing.

If this has been asked before, apologies.

What is the situation with the Royal British Legion on the wearing of the PJM, I'm probably pre-empting this but would imagine they have a strong leaning towards the 'official line' but would give some sympathetic support to the Vets case, anyone tried this line of approach?

Post Veteran's Agency 
I have received a response to my response to their response to my email, if you get my drift. Once again, instead of giving me a straightforward answer to what constitutes "formal wear", they have referred me to another bunch of Uncivil Servants. It seems to me that the Agency is totaaly useless at dealing with Veteran's issues. It appears to me that the Agency was set up to look good, but is really just a cardboard cutout. Here's their response.

Dear Mr Law
Thank you for your email.
The response we were given by Defence Services Secretary was that the Foreign and Commonwealth office are responsible for the administrating the policy relating to the acceptance and wear of foreign awards by British citizens.
If you would like to contact the at the address below they should be able to answer your enquiry.
The Protocol Division
Honours Secretariat
Foreign and Commonwealth office
Old Admiralty Building
London
SW1A 2PA
Thanking you
Jane Povey
Veterans Advice Team

GerryL

Post National Veteran's Day 
I've just visited the Veteran's Agency web site to see what activities are planned around here for the kind government's recognition of our service. Apart from a Veteran's Agency stand in a trading estate at Shoreham, there appears to be nothing across the country, or at least nothing significant. Has anyone seen anything? It's probably the worst publicised hooley since Julius Ceasar decided to dip his ankles into the waters of the English Channel. If I were a cynic I would deduce that the big announcement - you remember the one - Gordon Brown was going to present medals to the veterans - I would say that the announcement was just a bit of spin. But we all know what high regard British veterans are held by those in Whitehall, so there must be another reason why the whole operation looks to be an enormous lead balloon.

I have made enquiries R.M.A. Plymouth, they have no knowledge of this monentous event.
Bob Bryant

Reply to topic Page 3 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3