Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Orders and decorations of the United Kingdom
Post Orders and decorations of the United Kingdom 
When I went onto the NM&BVA website today and looked under Medals and then at 'Orders and Decorations of the United Kingdom'. I see that the PJM medal ribbon is already included in the list of medal ribbons (approx half way down) (Yellow Blue Red Blue Yellow) entitled 'Malaysian Service Medal 1957-1966 (Malaysia) (2004)' It even shows that the ribbon is a fraction wider than the others. 35mm compaired to the standard 32mm.
Sorry if I am missing something here but doesn’t this definitive list show the order of which these Orders and Decorations of the United Kingdom should be WORN and if the PJM or 'Malaysian Service Medal 1957-1966 (Malaysia) (2004)' cannot be worn then why is it included on this list?

Any comments would be greatly received.

David Pearce Ex RN (PMJ'er)

David....I 'had a boo' at the page you mention.....and am at a loss to explain it...However; it appears that the page dealing with the relativity of medals is not one designed and operated by the NMBVA....It seems to be the work of a 'Lukasz Gaszewski'...who operates his own site for this purpose at www.medals.lava.pl/index.htm.

Maybe Mr Gaszewski knows something we don't?...or maybe he has made a 'leap of faith' confident in our ultimate victory?

Hope this helps...

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1