Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Exchange of letters between a PJMer and the MoD (Mr Coney)
I sent Mr Coney an email and asked this simple question, "Was permission to wear the PJM not granted because the HD committee thought that, a) The medal is not fit to wear, or, b) We as veterans are not fit to wear it?"

I received the below reply today.

Mr Bryant,

I do not have the authority, or the knowledge to answer your questions. While the Ministry of Defence is represented on the HD Committee it does not organise it, or publish papers on its behalf. It does not submit recommendations to The Queen. You should direct your questions to the Government Department responsible for organising the HD Committee, namely the Cabinet Office. The Secretary of the HD Committee is Mr Dennis Brennan. His address is: The Ceremonial Secretariat, Cabinet Office, 35, Great Smith Street, London, SW1P 3BQ.

I hope that this explains the situation.

R T Coney

DS Sec – Honours 1

MOD

The parcel moves on!!

Bob Bryant

The parcel moves on!!

But you're extracting important info here that will help others. They now know who to write to and where to write.

Private Secretary to The Sovereign
Sir Robin Janvrin, KCB KCVO

"He deals with the Sovereign's official correspondence from members of the public."

I have a letter signed by this man - written as follows.

"I have the honour to inform you that The Queen has been pleased to grant you UNRESTRICTED PRMISSION TO WEAR the medal xxxx xxxx which was conferred upon you by xxxxxxx, in recognition of your services."

I can assure you all that the medal in question is from a FOREIGN Government - not even a Commonwealth country.

Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2