Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Gordon Brown MP
Post Gordon Brown MP 
At 9.30am. on Sunday, 7th. May, 2006, The Right Honourable (I hate using this title with these people) Gordon Brown MP, Chancellor, of the Exchequer, appeared on a TV interview with Andrew Marr, on BBC l.

Mr. Brown spouted the usual boring and double dutch crap about them having a wake-up call and they will have to listen to the people - When are you going to start Gordon? and they have had a shot across their bows - from what I can see they have been hit right in the middle, there is a big hole and they are sinking fast.

The worst statement of the lot though was one which should infuriate all who are fighting for the PJM and the shameful discrimination of British Citizens was -
'WE (the government) MUST BE THE PATRIOTIC PARTY AND SHOW THE BRITISH FLAG. Well, I have heard it all and what amazes me is that this reasonably intelligent person really is so deluded that he thinks we believe him.
Show me I am wrong Gordon, and start listening and take action to give us our basic right to the medal we fought for and earned.

Post Gordon Brown 
Well said, Andy. They are now so steeped in hype and hypocricy that I'm sure they don't often realise just how shallow are their utterances.

It has taken me 46 years to really realise how THICK I am, I've been voting politicians into power, not this current lot, another sleazy party but not any more, I wash my hands of the lot of them, they are all tarred with the same brush or so it appears.

Even my own MP told me when I asked him a question on European Unification he told me 'that he could see where I was coming from, but had to to be seen to toe the party line' what sort of answer is that, SAVING ONES OWN NECK I SUPPOSE. So the last time round I voted UKIP

Every one of them goes around the houses, look at the replies all of us have had regarding the PJM, ambiguous statements, lies, beating about the bush and in a lot of cases ignoring everyone.

The problem in the last few weeks is that you don't know if the addressee of the letter by the time he/she gets it really becomes a she/he, what I can't understand is the guy who appoints these people to their lofty positions doesn't get the sack for the ultimate misdemeanours everyone is committing including himself.

Still stuff the lot of them, wear your medal with pride on the left side whenever you receive it. It is not their medal IT IS OUR MEDAL!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Party politics 
John
You sound just a touch disillusioned with the system. When democracy was first invented, by the Greeks, the concept was that you elected someone to represent your views on a particular forum whether that be local council, government, trade union, etc. It was a great system because the person wishing to be elected had to satisfy the wishes of the majority of those whom he represented. Once a group of money grabbing self-servers realised that the democratic system could be a licence to rpint money, for them0 they formed themselves into little cliques and decided that the wishes of their respective constituents got in the way of making mega bucks. The wishes of the clique came way above those of the peasantry. Here's a thought - form our own party and stand in the next General Election. Barry F for Prime Minister.

Post Re: Party politics 
GerryL wrote:
John
The wishes of the clique came way above those of the peasantry. Here's a thought - form our own party and stand in the next General Election. Barry F for Prime Minister.

Yes Gerry I go along with that, I could easily be the DPM, I would fit the bill perfickly! Two Jags/Two $hags move over JC is about to revel in your mire. Anyone want any other lucrative cabinet posts...........

Post Party Politics 
Interesting views going on here, a lot of them off topic but still interesting (much in the same way spectating a train wreck is interesting, but I digress...)

Well I SWORE that I wouldn't become embroiled in a politically oriented diatribe on this forum...but the previous posts make it irresistible to one who has been responsible (in part) for the organising of 2 Provincial and 1 Federal, political campaigns hereabouts.

These will be my last utterances on this forum with regard to mattters political...I swear!

Mussolini himself stated that "'Fascism' is better described as Corporatism because it is the blending of corporate and government power".

Using that definition, one can quite rightly say that the US (and perhaps other Western nations?) have been fascist for some decades now, and are becoming more so over time.

To bring in a Canadian focus, I am sure most of you have heard of the PPP. For those of you who have not, PPP stands for "Public Private Partnership". It is holy writ to the current governments of some Canadian provinces, particularly British Columbia & Ontario.

The dogma of the PPP is little more than a poorly executed facade whereby the members of the current government farm out project contracts (that would have been better served by Crown corporations) to their cronies back in the private sector in the name of "efficiency".

It is indeed efficient. It has been the greatest cash harvesting tool handed to unethical business leaders in living memory.

The PPP is a polite way of exercising fascist economic doctrine without actually having to be honest enough to actually say it.

Look for it in an Election coming to your town.

You can bet it will receive much more of your local MP's time, effort and attention than your currently denied right to wear your well deserved PJM!

Post Politics Bah!! 
I agree we are non-political on this site and should not sing the praises of any politician or party - anyone know who I mean, because I cannot think of any of them I would praise.
Yes, form our own party and I suggest George F for defence secretary for his efforts to the armed forces and his great knowledge of all things wrong in politics at the moment, and before. I'll bet they are wetting their little pants at the thought of George being in charge of the MOD - just a dream George?
Speaking quite normal for a change - we cannot avoid a dig at the mess our country is in because we have suffered from the arrogant hypocrisy that is the British establishment who are in a time warp, pity not a time machine and we could send them all back in time.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1