Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
The Way We Were!
Post The Way We Were! 
If you haven't picked up on it yet, there's a fascinating new thread in the Off-Topic area - a Then and Now parade for posterity called The Way We Were.

I think it's a brilliant contribution to our record of PJM service and as soon as I've 'airbrushed up on my image editing techniques, I'm going to place a couple of piccies there - at least one will be of me! 'onest!

Very soon, we'll reach the end of the Fight4thePJM campaign. My final contribution, my way of saying thanks to all our supporters, will be to set up the F4 website so that it remains in the ether as our memorial to all those who served out there - and especially to those who did not return or who have since died.

So why not contribute your piccies and a bit of your story?

http://www.fight4thepjm.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=19466#19466

All the very best,

Barry

Post Re: The Way We Were! 
[quote="BarryF"]

Very soon, we'll reach the end of the Fight4thePJM campaign.

Have I missed something Barry?

Kindest regards,

John

Kuching.
Post Re: The Way We Were! 
[quote="Semengo13"]
BarryF wrote:

Very soon, we'll reach the end of the Fight4thePJM campaign.
Have I missed something Barry?

Hi John,

The Coalition addressed its promise in its Manifesto to organise a Medal Review to include a look at the PJM. However, the Review was established under the auspices of the MoD and therefore could not cover FCO matters (the FCO being responsible for the admin of the PJM). That Review reported to the Prime Minister and DPM in January (or was it February?). The DPM was not entirely satisfied that the Review had met the intended scope and so returned the report saying that the Review should be reconstituted under an independent Chairperson and that this time the Review should consult with veteran campaign groups.

In the Review Report the MoD said it saw no grounds for referring the PJM Recommendation back to the HD Committee.

Thanks to the action taken by the DPM, we have the opportunity to add to the knowledge of the Review! We are preparing a Rebuttal of the MoD Review conclusion by way of a Submission as to why the MoD should amend their Review findings in this respect.

This is not the end of the campaign. Only the FCO can seriously influence a change in the Ministerial Statement that they issued in January 2006. But we are closing in on closure.

I'm going to open a new thread about this important development.

All the best,

Barry

Best wishes,

John

Kuching.
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1