Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
RBL Industries and their toadies Award productions Ltd
Post Re: Another gong. 
MB wrote:
My dear old mates.

On visiting the wonderful Northern MBVA site just now I was made aware of another campaign which is being faught..for the the issue of a National Defence Medal. This is fresh news to me, but it seems that the fight has been going on for some considerable time.

I did a quick scan of the site and will go back for a closer goz later. What did catch my eye, however, was the fact that one of the more ardent campaigners had recently been designated as...."vexatious" and two more are about to be. I am now curious to know if, in the scheme of civil serpent speak. whether a "vexatious" is more of an acolade than an "asbo?"

Can anyone help?

Mike,

There is, of course the old story of the little boy who looked after a flock of sheep who kept shouting wolf as a joke but when he was serious no-one believed him.
Also, in recent years criminals all over Australia when arrested and charged all said 'its a fair cop guv' and this was being repeated so regularly in court that the judges started to wonder what was going on in the police.
Members of your committee have been accused by the suits of being vexatious so perhaps if they use it often enough it will fail to have any effect and be ignored, as most of us are doing just now. To date they have not accused me personally of being vexatious but here's hoping soon!

Post Vexatious. 
That's good enough for me, Andy.

I know you and others of our particular fight have had asbos and I just thought that "vexatious" sounded so much better. It kind of separates us from kids out of control on some neglected housing estate. It also made me wonder what our old mate Jock Fenton, as a real man of words, would have thought.

Batu Road forever!

Mike.

Post A guid fecht. 
Mike,

Our dear departed and sorely missed Chairman, Jock Fenton, would have said 'bring them on, I like a guid fecht'.

He would also have used his masterly art of the English language to make a joke of it and pour scorn upon our enemies who use subterfuge, prevarication, obfuscation, and downright misrepresentations of the truth against us.

We ask for nothing more than is our right as UK private citizens and that is not to have our freedom and liberty treated discriminately and unlawfully and to have our right to wear the PJM, as decreed by Her Majesty the Queen, and refused by civil servants who are not even parliamentarians.

I was at the Lockerbie War Memorial Dedication on Saturday to those from that area who died in World War II and one chap present who was wearing our lapel badge said 'nae bliddy civil servunt wull tell me whit tae wear'. That says it all for me.

Andy.

And again, as our dear mate Jock would have said.

"Amen to that, Andy."

Post Re: Another gong. 
MB wrote:
...one of the more ardent campaigners had recently been designated as...."vexatious" and two more are about to be. I am now curious to know if, in the scheme of civil serpent speak. whether a "vexatious" is more of an acolade than an "asbo?"...
Much water under the bridge since asked but that could be any one of
  1. a very serious matter
  2. an abuse of process
  3. an attempt (lame) to bully
- depending on the context, which, alas, I cannot retrieve.

If any of those three are this list http://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/session/vexatiousLitigants.asp then it is probably BOTH 1. and 2. and if so whomsoever arranged their listing should be taken to a place of public humiliation and hung by the scrotum until thoroughly vexed (alternative arrangements might be made, depending on gender or prior orchidectomy).

Otherwise it is/was 3. and a bit nastier than the usual serpent shenanigans since all they really want/need to do is to avoid doing their jobs and they already have more ways of doing that than a Serengeti stevedore. Sounds like that campaign was really getting on somebody's goat, whichever way you slice it. Seems like a fair indication of campaign effectiveness then. Very Happy

Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2