Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Review under way??
Post Review under way?? 
Just seen this on the National Defence Medal site :-

"I can confirm that the review of the rules governing the award of medals will report to me and that work is now under way.

The background and arguments on the case for a National Defence Medal are well known and understood by the Ministry of Defence. Indeed we have received many representations from campaigners. Their views will be considered as part of the review, and I do not believe there is a requirement for further consultation".

Andrew Robathan MP

Last updated 02/12/2010. We are still seeking to uncover exactly what the terms of reference of the review are.

Anyone aware of this?

John

Kuching.
Post Re: Review under way?? 
Semengo13 wrote:
Just seen this on the National Defence Medal site :-

"I can confirm that the review of the rules governing the award of medals will report to me and that work is now under way.

The background and arguments on the case for a National Defence Medal are well known and understood by the Ministry of Defence. Indeed we have received many representations from campaigners. Their views will be considered as part of the review, and I do not believe there is a requirement for further consultation".

Andrew Robathan MP

Last updated 02/12/2010. We are still seeking to uncover exactly what the terms of reference of the review are.

Anyone aware of this?

John

John ,the last I heard was the comittee is due to report it's findings to robathan in the new year . Mind that could be a whole year away

Kuching.
Also thanks from me Whalley. As a National Service soldier I did my time in Malaya...1957-59... and now wear the British Legion Nat Service Gong last on my row after the GSM with Malaya bar and the PJM...but have never been comfortable with it, even though it was bought for me by my dad. The National Defence medal would nicely replace the bought medal and sing the same song perfectly...if you get my drift.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1