Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Nick Clegg and the BBC
Post Nick Clegg and the BBC 
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/politics/10470071.stm

Nick Clegg want's you to tell him which laws he should get rid of.

This is what I put.

Restrictions on civilians wearing foreign medals that have been accepted.
As long as the foreign medal has been accepted by Her Majesty the Queen no one should have the authority to ban a civilian from wearing that medal.
The Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal was accepted by the Queen but we are banned from wearing it.

Post Re: Nick Clegg and the BBC 
Paul Alders wrote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/politics/10470071.stm

Nick Clegg want's you to tell him which laws he should get rid of.

This is what I put.

As long as the foreign medal has been accepted by Her Majesty the Queen no one should have the authority to ban a civilian from wearing that medal.
The Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal was accepted by the Queen but we are banned from wearing it.

Just added my tuppence worth very similar to yours paul

Post Nick Clegg. 
I have asked the Deputy Prime Minister, Nick Clegg MP, to rescind all rules made by unelected quangos, such as the rules on the grant and wear of foreign awards and medals made by Jack Straw MP in 2005 and Sir Richard Wilson, Chair of the Honours and Decorations Committee in 2001, said rules being non-statutory and undemocratic and illegal when imposing restrictions upon British private citizens in the public arena and only to restrict British private citizens under statutory rules or laws through parliament as demanded by our original democratic system.

Will he listen, I will not hold my breath.

'Audere est facere - to dare is to do'.

I have been through the comment list and I cannot find our comments but there are a lot to go through so I might have missed them??????????

Post Government web page 
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Nl1/Newsroom/DG_188963

Go to "Restoring civil liberties"

This is the Government web site to subbit your idea's on what laws you would like changed. Fill your boots.

This is what I put (I know it's the same message, but someone might take notice).

As long as the foreign medal has been accepted by Her Majesty the Queen; no one should have the authority to ban a civilian from wearing that medal.
Please change this ruling and give us veterans our honour back.

Post Nick Clegg and the BBC 
I have just added my comments, also added comments on the BBC News page on Pensions last week (Work on after 65), The BBC actually phoned my office for some more comments, so I offered to explain in detail about Armed Forces Pensions (or the lack of) I also offfered to do a story on the PJM, which seemed to arouse some intrest, They are supposed to be getting back to me, hopefully they will, but as always I won't hold my breath, If they do I'll be phoning Barry for accompanyment (Font of Knowledge, as far as I am concerned)
Regards
Terry.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1