Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
RBL Industries and their toadies Award productions Ltd
Post RBL Industries and their toadies Award productions Ltd 
Had a reply today to an e mail I sent to "award productions ltd" the suppliers to RBL Industries. My email expressed my displeasure at the discription of the PJM for sale in their brochure as a commemorative medal. Their answer reiterates the Barmy Brown clowns statement. In my second email to"kevinpaton@crown -lane.co.uk" Was soon on it's way suggesting that he reads the citation by the Malayan authorities in which the clearly state it as a "Service To Malaya" medal. It seems to me that the RBL and its associates are sticking to the party line even though ministers have admitted that it "PJM" is a service medal.

Post Re: RBL Industries and their toadies Award productions Ltd 
whalley wrote:
It seems to me that the RBL and its associates are sticking to the party line even though ministers have admitted that it "PJM" is a service medal.

Most alleged gong manufacturers have a vested commercial interest in placing any medal in the 'buy one here' category, encouraging Walts to add to their display of Bling. But they do not own up to understanding the niceties of the honours system - they can't afford to. If they did, they would lose that section of their business. If they did, as mentioned in response to another of your emails, they would have to state that the PJM is part of the formal honours system and has been approved within that system by the Queen - unlike the commemorative medals that they design and manufacture.

Out of interest I once sent a copy of my service to one of these medal companies and they wrote back to me stating that I was entitled to purchase 5 medals.
I did not reply.

Post Award Productions 
It makes me wonder if RBL's support (that is the RBL Head Office) for the PJM was genuine or subject to it not upsetting the liaison twixt RBL and Awards Prods from which RBL gain an income for its own sponsored unauthorised medals as well as all the unauthorised other awards produced from which they receive a donation. I have doubts about some Head/Central/General offices who despite everything seem to go hand in glove or believe the b*******t handed out by MoD, and civil servants from other departments from time to time - the old "distinguished persons bit"; you know, they are dp's because "I reckon I'm one too syndrome. The different levels within an Hierarchy , supporting the higher levels whilst demeaning the lower levels, or at least reminding them of their (lower)place.

What really upset me more than anything was their , (Awards Prods)"unauthorised" own medal produced for service in "Eastern Asia Medal", (I can't remember the exact wording since I shredded the brochure) was placed above their advert for the PJM under the same " commemoratives /Bling medal section. I do have a replica made by another (Australian) firm, which I wear mounted and keep the original in its case to pass on to my Grandson. The difference with my possession of a replica is that I was eligible, qualified, applied with my service details and received my PJM in Leicester from the Defence Attaché at the Malaysian High Commission, as I believe, many others who did likewise.

I am a member of the RBL. Apart from the statement at their Conference regarding the PJM, I personally (to be fair) have seen no tangible evidence that their support has gone any farther than being "talked about". I cannot understand why RBL purports to support us, whilst apparently accepting that the PJM is a "Commemorative" medal, when it patently is not. I am not opposed to Commemorative Medals being purchased, but I believe that they should be mounted in cases and put on show. My personal view, supported by LG 5057 and JSP 671, para 21, is that they should not be worn mixed with authorised medals, or indeed not worn at all. Having said that, it is after all a matter of personal choice.

Three questions require an answer: a. did Awards Productions get there description of the PJM as a commemorative medal from MoD or other civil service Department?

b. do Award Productions require verification or other evidence of entitlement to the PJM before purchase?

c. Did they have the Malaysian Governments permission to produce replicas?

Finally it is not a matter of semantics - service does not mean the same as commemorative (unless you are a dodgy civil servant).

D^

It is now the end of November (28th) still nothing from kevin paton, surprise surprise.

I purchased my Replica PJM from Heritage medals (Australia) to wear on Parade as my Original PJM is mounted and framed alongside my Original GSM (Malaya).
My Replica GSM I purchased from a local Militaria dealer.These two medals have been court mounted so I can wear them on parade.
When selling Poppys I also wear my two 'Bling' self awarded medals one being my National Service Medal and the other my Germany (BAOR Cold War Medal) simply to attract attention so I can sell more Poppys.This actually works so I hope my self indulgence is warranted by my higher Poppy sales (£8,650.00)
Bullshit baffle Brains.

Post Award Medals 
I have just looked on their website and was gob smacked.........yes my gob was truly smacked, Shocked to see how many "commemerative" medals there are now. I appear to qualify for the following:-

Regimental Service Medal
Service Medal
Border Service Medal
Eastern Service Medal
British Forces Germany Medal
Cold War Medal
Hors de Combat Medal (Well I did trip over some barbed wire in Borneo once Rolling Eyes )

And they have the damned cheek to count our PJM in that lot.

No thanks "Award", I'll stick to my earned medals, at least until they produce some proper medals such as:-

The Civil Serpents Desk Flying Medal
The Block the PJM Cross.
The "I'll Look Into It" Medal
The Conspicuous Terminological Inexactitude Award
The Contempt for Veterans Cross
The Lack of Freedom of Information Medal
The Distinguished Give a Veteran an ASBO Medal

John

Kuching.
You say you tripped over some barb wire; I fell down a couple of monsoon drains, does that count towards a Hors De Combat.
Paul
Now were did I put my Tiger?

It all depends on whether you managed to avoid spilling your Tiger Wink

Kuching.
Post the ellusive medal 
Well, we've heard it many times, but there is one medal that you cannot get for love or money, unless you are a civil servant, that is. It does not appear in the useless tomes, medals R us, Heritage awards, medals of distinction, or any other freebe chocolate medal magazine.

You've guessed it - The Antigua and Barbuda 10th Anniversary medal.

Yours still waiting for this prestige gong

Arthur R-S

Only if you broke the bottle could you be deemed worthy of.....Hors de Combat.

Mike.

Kuching.
Post Re: the ellusive medal 
Arthur R-S wrote:
Well, we've heard it many times, but there is one medal that you cannot get for love or money, unless you are a civil servant, that is. It does not appear in the useless tomes, medals R us, Heritage awards, medals of distinction, or any other freebe chocolate medal magazine.

You've guessed it - The Antigua and Barbuda 10th Anniversary medal.

Yours still waiting for this prestige gong

Arthur R-S

Sorry to break the sad news Arthur, but this most prestigious medal can only be given for "inactive service" in Whitehall and under no circumstances can it be awarded to anyone who has actually been to A and B.

However, there is some good news, if you meet these stringent standards, you are allowed to wear it. Evil or Very Mad

Kuching.
Post going going gong 
Well Semengo13,

I have never been to Antigua and Barbuda, or its smaller dependency, Redondo. I looked them up on the internet, as any self respecting civil servant would have done. Mean to say, never did a stroke of work in the MoD in London, because I was never there, so that definately qualifies as inactive service, doesn't it?

Having met all of the aforementioned criteria, this then qualifies all of the PJMrs for that prestigious award. So! where is our gong?

Major General Gongsworth will be delighted, i'm sure.

Yours still gongless

Arthur R-S

Post Another gong. 
My dear old mates.

On visiting the wonderful Northern MBVA site just now I was made aware of another campaign which is being faught..for the the issue of a National Defence Medal. This is fresh news to me, but it seems that the fight has been going on for some considerable time.

I did a quick scan of the site and will go back for a closer goz later. What did catch my eye, however, was the fact that one of the more ardent campaigners had recently been designated as...."vexatious" and two more are about to be. I am now curious to know if, in the scheme of civil serpent speak. whether a "vexatious" is more of an acolade than an "asbo?"

Can anyone help?

Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next