Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Fake Hero
Post Fake Hero 
Let off: Roger Day had all the charges against him dropped

An SAS fantasist who marched at a Remembrance Day parade wearing an impossible array of medals has had all charges sensationally dropped - because of a legal blunder.
Imposter Roger Day, 62, posed as a retired member of the SAS wearing 17 medals as he marched in a Poppy parade on November 11 last year.
But real war veterans in Bedworth, Warks., became suspicious that anyone could win so many medals and contacted the police.
Day was sentenced to 60 hours community service and ordered to pay £40 costs after he pleaded guilty to a charge of military deception last month.
But yesterday it emerged Day had all the charges against him dropped because the Act he was convicted under was changed 11 days before the march.
Day was convicted of ''unlawfully using decoration'' under Section (1) (b) the Army Act 1955.

See this - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1252456/SAS-faker-Roger-Day-let-legal-blunder.html#ixzz0gBOcs5uN

It would seem, as we have been saying for some consider time that there are no statutory laws which prevent the wearing of medals. Having said this we do not condone in any way what this Walt did.

Post Medals 
At least our own particular medals, sparse as they are, were legitimately awarded, and, I repeat, and, are correctly recorded on our service records. I do not know how the PJM is recorded though.

Whether the PJM is recorded on our service records is anyone's guess, but we do know that the records are definately held by the Malaysian Government.

My alter ego, Major General Gongsworth, is based in fact of a certain naval officer who accepted the MBE, without doing anything to warrant it. The real guys on the ground who should have been given a medal, never even got a mention. Prudence prevents me from naming him, or the ratings under his command, who would be caused considerable embarrassment. They know who they are, what they did, and what was the end result.

Rest assured, Mr Day will not be wearing his medals on the next rememberence day parade.

Yours Aye

Arthur R-S

Post Re: Medals 
Arthur R-S wrote:
At least our own particular medals, sparse as they are, were legitimately awarded, and, I repeat, and, are correctly recorded on our service records. I do not know how the PJM is recorded though.

Whether the PJM is recorded on our service records is anyone's guess, but we do know that the records are definately held by the Malaysian Government.

My alter ego, Major General Gongsworth, is based in fact of a certain naval officer who accepted the MBE, without doing anything to warrant it. The real guys on the ground who should have been given a medal, never even got a mention. Prudence prevents me from naming him, or the ratings under his command, who would be caused considerable embarrassment. They know who they are, what they did, and what was the end result.

Rest assured, Mr Day will not be wearing his medals on the next rememberence day parade.

Yours Aye

Arthur R-S

EVERY ONE WHO HAS DONE THEIR BIT RECOGNISES mR dAY FOR THE PRANNET HE IS ?BUT REMEMBER THE OLD ADDAGE "MIMICRY IS THE MOST SINCERE FORM OF FLATTERY

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1