Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
The Final Insult
Post The Final Insult 
A few years ago when we first started the fight4thepjm the Honours Secretary at the FCO was a male named Chris Edge. He appeared to be a fairly co-operative type of person and was inundated with a large volume of letters from angry veterans eligible for the PJM. Mr. Edge retired shortly after and he was replaced by Tanya Collingridge. Tanya was also inundated with large amounts of mail about the PJM and the petty rules which prevented its being worn. She tried her best to communicate with everyone but had to follow the vacuous civil service attitude to our honourable medal. Tanya was transferred to Paris recently and the post of Honours Secretary at the FCO was taken over by a lady named Monique Foulcer.

Unfortunately Ms Foulcer is not prepared to carry out her duties as a public servant and has decided not to co-operate and answer the many questions still unanswered, for example why are British citizens ONLY still classed as serving crown servants whilst all non-British citizens are not and the rules they quote make no mention of this etc.

To show the attitude of the FCO now here is an email received from Monique Foulcer recently -

Dear Mr

Thank you for your email and for your kind words welcoming me to my new post.

As you will be aware, we have had many similar enquiries on the decision to accept but not wear the PJM and the relevant Government Departments set out the position in a statement on their websites. The link is: http://www.fco.gov.uk/resources/en/pdf/pdf21/fco_pingatjasamalaysiamedal

As this statement says, "The Cabinet Office, Foreign and Commonwealth Office and the Ministry of Defence,as the main government departments involved in the Pingat Jasa Malaysia case have provided a full statement on the Pingat Jasa Malaysia and have no further comments to make."

I am sorry that I am not able to add anything to what has already been said on this.

Best regards

Monique

Monique Foulcer| Honours Secretary | Honours Secretariat, Protocol Directorate | Foreign and Commonwealth Office Room 1/62 Old Admiralty Buildings, London SW1A 2PA | Tel : +44 (0)20 7008 1027 Fax : +44 (0)20 7008 0971 |

The full statement they have provided is full of myths and inconsistencies and one can be forgiven for believing that administrators paid from the public purse with a code of conduct which insists they co-operate with the general public would be complied with. This is the theory but in practice we are faced with a dictatorship which acts in secret, refuses to supply reasonable information and is as transparent as an African dictator who goes under the name of Mugabe.

They have insulted us, tried to bully us, and now refuse any co-operation whatsoever under the pretence that they have already explained everything. Well I want to know why they say the rules ‘were not intended’ to refer to non-British subjects as they (the rules) make no such indication and why are British citizens who were crown servants solely discriminated against and classed as crown servants all their life.

Unfortunately they have now snubbed their noses at us and this battle may be over but the war against the unlawful non-wear of the PJM is not lost. We still have our elected parliament and our democratic rights which may be restored to us soon.

Post The Final insult. 
Thank you very much, Andy, for the latest SITREP. The thing is that the serpents of Whitehall have refused to communicate with us since shortly after our dear lady researcher found the 68 London Gazette inclusion and recognised that they had met their nemesis.

The fact that Monique is more intransigent than those who preceeded her is neither here nor there. Battles in any war are only a series of sucesses and failures by both protagonists in pursuit of the ultimate outcome. At present we hold all the high ground...and with all the moral advantages. We must fight on.

Further to McDangle and Mike's last posts, I think it should be made clear, that we haven't lost the battle at all.

The fact that Monique refuses to continue the fight, is reminicent of the battle of Jutland, where, after a severe mauling, and by saying that, we took our fair share of the casualties as well, the German high seas fleet scuttled back to harbour and refused to come out and fight.

How then, can they claim the victory? So not only have we won the battle, we also have the moral victory.

There is little point in civil servants standing on the beleaugered battlements shaking their spears in defiance, it is a pointless and fruitless exercise and merely underpins the rightiousness of our cause.

Yours Aye

Arthur R-S

Yes Arthur, I did not say the battle was lost, I said this battle may be over but the war is not lost.
We have plans in the pipeline which will allow us to advance and take the enemy full on and I can assure you they will not like it up them!!
Sorry if I gave the impression that I was talking defeatest talk. I am far from beaten yet and am sure I speak for all at the fight4thepjm.

The fight goes on..............and on....................and on................... Twisted Evil

Until we win of course.

Kuching.
Post Final Insult ? 
As far as I'm concernered we have won already. As long as they cannot give us a reasonable and feasible answer to the stilll ectant Issue 44579 of
THE LONDON GAZETTE, 3RD MAY 1968 5057
then they can whistle.

Post go whistle 
Having established beyond all reasonable doubt, that they are incapable of singing from the same hymn sheet, one suspects, and there is no reason to suspect otherwise, based on their past performance, that they will also whistle out of tune.

Here's power to your elbow Tony.

Yours Aye

Arthur R-S

The Civil Servants as we all know run [ruin?] this country, they do not have a leg to stand on regarding rescinding the LG Notice, whilst 'they' do not admit to defeat and I'm sure we all agree that all we want is to see a just reward at the end of the day. It is the Civil Servants that have brought this upon themselves by maladjusting rules for the sake of convenience.

All we wish to do is to see this injustice reversed, I'm in it to the end............

"As far as I'm concernered we have won already. As long as they cannot give us a reasonable and feasible answer to the stilll ectant Issue 44579 of
THE LONDON GAZETTE, 3RD MAY 1968 5057
then they can whistle".

I accept that we have won Tony but would love to see the Suits choke by having to admit it. Twisted Evil

Not that we are known for being resolute and determined. Wink

Kuching.
Post HOLLY 
I've sent them a merry sack off Holly, with a whole list of suggestions of things they may like to do with it. Hang it up on display is NOT one of them !!

Kuching.
Post Awards and mandarins 
Thery're at it again - not quite sre how to take this one ??

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article7009680.ece

Post Muppet Show 
Tony, right on the money, as usual.

Why are we not surprised by this ridiculous farce. When is the public going to realise that they have no intention of coming to a conclusion, just to be seen to be doing something.

There has never been an official government enquiry in history that had uncovered anywhere near the truth, and this bunch of overpaid morons are not going to set a precedent, and do that.

Finally, I think I have the right answer, 7, is definately more than 3, and you can count on that.

Off to the canteen now, cookie is serving bangers and mash.

Yours Aye

Arthur R-S ... whoops I nearly signed it Major General Gongsworth

Post THE final,Final insult 
The final Final insult is that bulwark of honesty(I dont think) Tonee Bliar is to recieve the Peace medal and $70000, he says " he tries to put fairness and justice" into doing his job as peace envoy. I would like to say those are the last thoughts in his mind when he and his dupes were dealing with the veterans of the British armed forces past and present.

Post Short range memory 
It would appear that Tony (call me Mr Honesty) Blair, has arranged it quite nicely. After all, who would start a war for no reason then stand up to be counted as a revered peace maker.

I think that the term "Blessed are the peace makers, for they shall inherit the earth", seems to be appropriate. In Bliars case $70,000 of it and obviously more to come.

In the meantime, what is is his esteemed wife Cherrie (Miss freelunch 2010) doing to assist those who have been wounded in the Iraqi and Afghanistan (police actions). After all, she is a great advocate of human rights, but, presumably she works on the understanding that as long as it is not a British service person who would benefit from her services.

Speaking of Memsahibs, Joy has had her operation and is back at home recovering, even if she has five sutered cuts in her to contend with.

Yours Aye

Arthur R-S

Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next