Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Two Statements from the Civil Service
Post Two Statements from the Civil Service 
On the 15th January 2009 Tanya Collingridge of the FCO confirmed that it is the Malaysians responsibility to classify the PJM as it is their medal.

On the 16th October 2009 Lesley Bainsfair of the Cabinet Office confirmed that the Malaysians have classified the PJM as a Service Medal.

These are two very important statements as they get rid of one of the two obstacles that stand in the way of the London Gazette Notice 5057.
It has taken a lot of time and effort to get those two statements out of them and I do not believe that the Civil Servants will ever admit they got it wrong, thought they could hide their wrongdoings behind rules that they make up as they go along.
How wrong they are.

In my dimming brain I have noted both recent statements re the....'it is in the remit of the Malaysians to state the significance of the PJM.' It has taken me a minute or two to find my citation which came with the gong, but I quote from the end of the final paragraph....."The medal takes the form of an award titled "(Pingat Jasa Malaysia" (Service to Malaysia Award).

Note the full-stop after the final bracket, and note the word 'Service' you Whitehall serpents. The full-stop speaks volumes and one day soon we shall place one behind the story of your despicable behaviour in this matter.

Perhaps Paul, you have rubbed them up the wrong way so much, that they have erred and that is why they have given you an ASBO

If that is the reason then congratulations! Very Happy

Yep! Attack is the best form of Defence. They have run out of rules that they can change and misinterpret as they wish. It would be much too obvious to author further revisions or rewrites. They have nothing further to offer in terms of apparant genuine objections, so "we'll blame the Fight 4 committee and others for wasting public money and taking up our valuable time": it might satisfy the establishment and our peers that "we have gone as far as we can in accommodating the Fight 4 within the rules we have made and change at will, and we can do nothing further"; sod integrity, honesty and democracy.

How disappointed they will be when a firm government takes them on. I really am looking forward to the time when all of the various offices for ceremonial matters are integrated into one office (current office personnel excepted) with an independent Chairman, appointed by, and responsible to the Government, when someone, somewhere, realises that five plus ceremonial officers and their staffs representing the Cabinet Office, Home Office, Foreign Office and MoD DS Sec and a Palace Office, all fundamentally doing the same job, really is a waste of time and public money/resources.

As far as integrity is concerned, it was presumably decided by a Palace Official, backed by the then Civil Service, many many years ago, that to protect the Honours system, it would be taken out of the grasp of politiicians where it was liable to be mismanaged (corruption); my (our) recent experiences suggets that it might be time for a look again regarding the fairness of the present system, and the reliance on Civil Servants to fairly and honestly administer the system and be consistent with the application of their rules.

I forgot to sign my name,

D^

Last edited by GLOman on Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Now you've gone and done it, David. Highlighted the waste of time money and effort with regard to the Honours system and it's not double, but quintuplet overuse of manpower.

The cracks in the dam of the civil service started several years ago, and are getting progressively bigger, only the serpents haven't noticed it yet. They are either blissfully unaware of it, or, if they are really that stupid, will let the dam burst and get carried off in the flood. ' Apre moi le deluge' as they say in France. It also happens to be the motto of 617 squadron, the dam busters.

Keep those bouncing bombs bouncing toward their target. It aint going to be long now!

Yours Aye

Arthur R-S

slightly off topic but still relevant; in a recent issue of the RBL catalogue, the PJM is still ,and I quote "a commemorative medal" unquote. I will be emailing the rbl about this to express my displeasure on the discription;

slightly off topic but still relevant; in a recent issue of the RBL catalogue, the PJM is still ,and I quote "a commemorative medal" unquote. I will be emailing the rbl about this to express my displeasure on the discription;

Thanks for that, whalley. Much appreciated.

Any medal issued 50 years after the service was carried out is, in that sense, be 'commemorative', but that is not the same as the commemorative category you can purchase from commercial companies. The distinction between the two is critical - the PJM has been approved by The Queen.

whalley wrote:

Thanks for that, whalley. Much appreciated.

Any medal issued 50 years after the service was carried out is, in that sense, be 'commemorative', but that is not the same as the commemorative category you can purchase from commercial companies. The distinction between the two is critical - the PJM has been approved by The Queen.

had a reply to my email to Award productions from Kevin Paton, he reiterated the cr*p
pushed by the HMC and the plank in NO10.
emailed him back suggesting he reads the citation for the PJM 3days ago, no response as yet. Don't think i'll hold my breath .

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1