Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Complaint against the Cabinet Office

Whatever these Knighted gentlemen write to one another, surely it is meaningless set against the London Gazette 5057
of 3rd May 1968, although as Marion Moore claimed, it had been clarified in 1969; no specific regulation number or actual date was given, which to me suggests that this "clarification" was probably another of many red-herrings.

The Prime Minister would do well to refer this matter of the PJM directly to HM at their weekly meetings, as he might well have done some years ago.

Certainly, the members of the, circa 67/era did not appear pompous or selfserving as those of the 2000 - 2009 era. Not forgetting, of course, their pompous minions who continually act in a manner which makes the Civil Service Code of Conduct look like so much nonesense. the CSCC, naturally, are mere guidlines, they have no inherent sanctions which can be automatically implemented, for example, dismisal, without pension for misconduct.

Ah well..................

Last edited by GLOman on Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:36 am; edited 2 times in total
AND:......In my opinion, since the suits publicly stated that they would have no more truck with with us yet continue to refute our claim to honourably 'wear' the PJM, there is something rotten in the air of what GLOman has termed, The Village.' The stitch-up that has been going on for so long there will by now be beyond unravelling and I can only see a very large and very new broom as the only way to clear up the whole sorry mess.

Cool

There is a plus, of course. As we have been told, they keep correspondence from individuals for a short while, transfer it to microfiche and then it is destroyed by them after a short time (so they said) as well as their replies - ergo, we keep copies of all their letters , and for that matter keep all of ours. Can they dispute a letter which bears one of their many signatures? Mind you, an ASBO with three signatures on it should not present a problem.

I think it is their departments which they will have to unravel, remember the number of times early on (before the Maestro rationalised the orchestra and got them to read off the same sheet of music)? Same tune, of course but now with a semblance of organisation though you could sometimes wonder with some "bum-notes" issuing from the newer players.

Some of the players, eg from DS Sec, eventually loosing their place in the orchestra, and others moving on; those you might call the OB(O)E Section, and perhaps the CBEs' (cool brass exponents), or CB I won't spell that one out.

They assume that they will never be called to account; Never say never!

Goodnight M8

David

Last edited by GLOman on Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
I have a complaint in with the ICO at this moment in time David with a certain Civil Servant. I don't wish to prejudice the case so I will keep schtum until I hear from the ICO, the Civil Servants we have all been dealing with have a lot to answer for...........

Post Putting it straight! 
Rolling Eyes

My post above: " they keep correspondence from individuals.......

Yes we believe that they "keep correspondence from individuals (to whom it was addessed)", or lost in the mail room? Margaret Becket, et al.

What it should have read was; they retain correspondence received from individuals for their records after action has been taken, then transfer it to.............".

Post Missing Persons 
I have just found out that Howell James no longer works in the Cabinet Office even though all the letters that I have received from the Cabinet Office say to contact him should you have a complaint.
Does anyone have the correct information so that I can submit my complaint on your behalf again.
Thank you
Paul

Howell James now works for Barclays Bank.
He left on the 10th June 2008 so why do the Cabinet Office still state in their letters to contact
Howell James.

Post New Man on the Block 
Howell James replacement is Matt Tee address 26 Whitehall.

Matt Tee - Permanent Secretary Government Communications
Biography

Matt’s previous post was Chief Executive of NHS Direct, overseeing the NHS call centre and web advice and information service which takes over 5 million calls a year.

Prior to NHS Direct, Matt has had a long career in Government and public service communications, having been Director General of Communications at the Department of Health, Director of News at DTI and Director of Communications at both the Commission for Health Improvement and Guy's and St Thomas' hospitals. Matt also spent some time as Business Development Manager at health information company Dr Foster.

He became Permanent Secretary, Government Communications in January 2009.

Role
Matt Tee was appointed Permanent Secretary for Government Communication in January 2009.

As the head of profession, Matt's job is to:

lead government communicators
improve the co-ordination of cross-departmental issues; and
help improve the abilities and capabilities of communicators within every government department.
Matt will also be leading on cross-governmental work around customer insight.

Matt was appointed following the departure of the Howell James in June 2008.

Last updated: 23 February 2009
Search Main navigation
Social Exclusion
Third Sector
IT in Government
Civil Service Reform
Public Services Reform
Security, Intelligence and Resilience
Ministers & Government Business
Codes of Conduct
Cabinet Office sites

Latest News
12/03/2009
List of Ministers interests10/03/2009
Working Together - Public Services On Your Side09/03/2009
Dragons' Den star and Cabinet Secretary visit Civil Servants making a difference in the North EastRelated Links
Website Feedback
Website Feedback Matt Tee - Permanent Secretary Government Communications
Biography

Matt’s previous post was Chief Executive of NHS Direct, overseeing the NHS call centre and web advice and information service which takes over 5 million calls a year.

Prior to NHS Direct, Matt has had a long career in Government and public service communications, having been Director General of Communications at the Department of Health, Director of News at DTI and Director of Communications at both the Commission for Health Improvement and Guy's and St Thomas' hospitals. Matt also spent some time as Business Development Manager at health information company Dr Foster.

He became Permanent Secretary, Government Communications in January 2009.

Role
Matt Tee was appointed Permanent Secretary for Government Communication in January 2009.

As the head of profession, Matt's job is to:

lead government communicators
improve the co-ordination of cross-departmental issues; and
help improve the abilities and capabilities of communicators within every government department.
Matt will also be leading on cross-governmental work around customer insight.

Matt was appointed following the departure of the Howell James in June 2008.

To contact us about this website, use the website feedback form.
General enquiries: Cabinet Office, 70 Whitehall, London SW1A 2AS. Switchboard: 020 7276 1234
[ Terms and conditions, privacy and copyright] [ Complaints procedure] [ Readers] [ This website is speech enabled] [External website]

Post Missing Persons 
Well done Paul and team for all your hard work and hopefully now you have found the right person to send the complaint to, something will be done about it.
Thanks so much for all you have done and it is greatly appreciated.

Post Re: Missing Persons 
Mrs L Brookes wrote:
Well done Paul and team for all your hard work and hopefully now you have found the right person to send the complaint to, something will be done about it.
Thanks so much for all you have done and it is greatly appreciated.

Hmmm!

Perhaps it might be a good question to ask the new incumbent, how long does he expect to hold his new position?

And, if he does move on, would he kindly let us know that he is leaving?

Post Answer from Matt Tee 
Matt Tee has taken over from Howell James but I still got the same result I expected as Turkeys do not vote for Christmas, I will not boar you with the crap reply I got from Matt but the 3 Civil Servants I complained about have done nothing wrong according to him.
This can only mean that the Civil Service Code is dead & buried.

This is my reply.

Matt;
Many thanks for your letter of the 8th May 2008 I can assure you there is no need to apologize for the delay in responding to my complaint in fact you have been quicker than I thought you would be and with the answer I expected after all turkeys do not vote for Christmas.

Now I must point out that my complaint had nothing to do with the right to wear the PJM but about the obstructive and misleading conduct of three Civil Servants who seemed to have forgotten the Civil Service Code, Honesty and Impartiality.

I thank you for admitting that Sir Robin’s letter was a typing error but then again I’m use to that as you will find my surname is Alders and not Alder

I will keep this email short because I know from experience that you just like your predecessor will not change your mind so if you could give me the name and address of the department/person I have to lodge my appeal with I would be much obliged as you did omit this from your letter.
You may reply by email to save on costs.

I thank you for your time and trouble
Kind regards
Paul

Each month I remind the ICO of my complaints against individuals in three Governmental [sic] Departments. I have just returned from holiday to be informed by the ICO that my correspondence from January 2009 is being responded to! They themselves cannot give me a date or a caseworker to proceed until their backlog of complaints have been dealt with, but I am moving up in the queue.

My complaints were put in place 12 months ago, who do you complain to for delays against the ICO

The whole system is rotten to the core and will surely be brought to book by the electorate on June 4th.............

What is it that GB doesn't understand about the Code of Conduct we have been trying to tell him for the past two years, perhaps he will 'look into it again'

Aren't they just pathetic...............5 days to go! Very Happy

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8075723.stm

The ICO has sent me a letter dated 27th August to say that a Case Officer has been appointed on my complaints to the FCO and the CO.

This might take some time to resolve but we can wait............

Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2