Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
FCO Meeting
Post FCO Meeting 
Wednesday 21st January 2009.
There is a meeting today at 14-30hrs
In which 4 MP’s on our behalf are meeting with Gillian Merron an FCO Minister.
The 4 MP’s are
Derek Twigg
Mike Hall
Don Touhig
Ian McCartney

As soon as we know the result we will let you know.
Watch this space

Post Report of the Meeting 
Derek Twigg got in contact with me after the meeting there is not a lot to say at this stage except to say that Gillian Merron (FCO Minister) did listen to our four MP’s and stated she would consider the points and write back to them in due course.

When you consider that it was on April 23rd 2008 that we had a meeting with Derek Twigg (then our Veterans Minister) at the MoD and ask for his support and help he & others have done what we have asked of them the only reason that it has taken so long is that information that not only did we send but also a letter to the FCO from Derek disappeared in the corridors of Whitehall.

Obstacles keep being put in our way by certain suits; we have known that for some time but now our elected representatives also know the truth.

I wish to publicly thank Derek Twigg, Mike Hall, Don Touhig & Ian McCartney also Gillian Merron for agreeing to the meeting.

Post The Meeting. 
Yes, a big thanks from everyone to the Members of Parliament who attended this meeting on behalf of our band of brothers whose only concern is official permission to wear the honourable PJM. We ask for nothing more than we are entitled to in our democracy.
Also thanks to the new Parliamentary Under Secretary of State at the FCO, Gillian Merron MP, who agreed to this meeting and at least showed that she is willing to listen. Whether or not she is prepared to accept our iron clad case against the establishment and is prepared to do something about it, is another matter. Time will tell.

Thanks for the info.
Mike Hall is my MP and I have sent him a letter of thanks via e-mail with a cc to the others mentioned.
Derek Twigg is also a local MP within the Halton boundry.

Phredd
In Arduis Fidelis.

Labour MP's are known to represent their constituents against the abuses of the establishment and indeed, in the past that was one of their main hobby horses.

Let us hope that they have collectively still got the will to do so as the issue of the PJM is without doubt an establishment decision which effects the working classes more than any other.

John

I applaud those MPs who are fighting our corner, strange really that there are two sides to every argument, it would appear as though more MPs are listening to the true version of events rather than the trumped up excuses given by The Civil Servants.

Recieved this in todays post.:- >>>

We are getting places now. Thanks Mike.

Phredd

That sounds very encouraging, lets hope we can put this one to bed very soon.........

I would like to repeat that.

EXCELLENT

'We will now be taking the matter up with the Home Secretary and the Prime Minister'.

I had to read this bit three times to make sure I was reading it correctly - 'The Home Secretary' now there is a change to the usual HD Committee has considered this matter three times and will not consider it any further. Has the Home Secretary now become involved because there is the legal aspect of our right to wear the PJM or our civil liberty right not to be restricted without parliamentary involvement. Whatever is the reason for this it is most welcome by me and possibly by everyone else who wants official permission to wear the PJM which has been unlawfully withheld by incorrect recommendations to our Sovereign by a secret, non-parliamentary committee which is not fit for its purpose when dealing with democracy.

Last edited by mcdangle on Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total

Very encouraging response from Mike Hall.............................dare we hope for progress.

Mindful of the Prime Minister being only just over a year from when he needs to call an election in May 2010. Wink you never know.

Regards,

John

Kuching.

I think this may be the last thing he "Will Look Into"
The abyss awaits him at the next Gen Elec.

Phredd

It seems a pity that thinking, concientious politicians, such as Mike Hall, Sally Keeble and others of our supporters on narrow margins of voters are at risk, when Government and other party "nodders" who's only care and interest is for their own position within their party hierarchy might remain, whilst good constituency MPs are thrown to the dogs.

Mind you, for what it is worth, they will always have our thanks for their support, our respect and our best wishes for their future.

We are getting places now. Thanks Mike.

phredd, Thanks for posting that encouraging letter and for your ongoing support. There is much lobbying and other activity going at the moment and I hope, no - I expect, that it will produce substantial progress in 2009.

All the best,

Barry

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1