Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
"Rabid Defenders of our rights". ???????
Post "Rabid Defenders of our rights". ??????? 
A Roy Dawson-Savage, writing on the NMBVA site today describes our campaign as follows:-

Quote:
"Whilst browsing this website recently I took the opportunity to visit the 'The fight 4 the PJM' website, essentially to see if I could understand what all the fuss was about re the apparent reluctance of officialdom to allow us old guys to wear the medal.

What I found were long accusative litanies written in many cases by the same person aimed at various government bodies and individuals who, it seems are in league with the devil in their efforts to stop the vets wearing the medal, although these same agents of Satan are described as admitting that there is no legal case for us not to wear the medal whenever we feel the need and admitting that "The wearing of the medal will not be policed' (or words to that effect).

It seems to me that these people who protest so vehemently, far from representing those of us who might care to wear the PJM from time to time are in fact tarring us with their own brush, I for one do not wish to be counted amongst these rabid defenders of our rights,

They seem incapable of realising that just because some minor or even major official says 'You can't do that' and then admits that even if we do do it, there is nothing that he can do about it, that that is the end of the story,

There is no need to strike a medal to show that you belong to a group fighting a pointless fight that has already been shown to be unnecessary, just wear the PJM, we are not soldiers any more, the Guardroom is not a threat, neither is some public schoolboy making mistakes in Whitehall! "

Whilst I do not object to someone having a different, if not a logical point of view, I do object to us being described as "rabid". I am sure he has fully researched the history of this campaign before opening fire. Rolling Eyes Not least the fact that he would have no PJM to wear in the first place if his logic is to be followed.

Kuching.
Post Satan 
How about some "rabid . . . . . agent of Satan" , John ? Sounds much better eh ? I could certainly agree were I a civil servant on the receiving end of our campaign, but I don't think even they would use such words.

Tony

Post The Rabid Dogs of Jungle War. 
The ramblings on the nmbva site of one who calls himself Roy Dawson-Savage should not be taken too seriously. Someone has posted referring to him as Rear Admiral Dawson-Savage. If this is corrct then we all know that as part of the establishment he will think nothing of insulting other people just to get his own inflated opinion across.

Insults by the establishment against British veterans who are campaigning for the right to wear the PJM are nothing new. It is a sign that they are having a tantrum and throwing their toys out of the pram.

It would appear that this gentleman would be well advised to start taking his medication again and also get himself an injection of reality.

Yours aye,

Rabid Campaigner.

Last edited by mcdangle on Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Rabid Roy 
The man's an ungratefull pillock!he should go and jump in the a/m Stockport Boating pond along with all the other rubbish.

He isn't a plant from you know where is he? Anyway the 'fight' continues, talking of which I am still awaiting to hear two two complaints from the Information Commissioner regarding the Queens Signature on the wearing of The PJM for the Medeka 50th celebrations, did she, didn't she situation. The two complaints are against both The Cabinet Office and The Foreign & Commonwealth Office who have refused sight of such documents under Section 37 of the FoIA 2000

Per ardua.......

Post "rabid . . . . . agent of Satan" 
Yes Tony, I like that much better.

Choosing not to respond to his rant on the NMBVA site I did my usual "listening watch" and report that Mr RDS is getting quite enough pasting from his own quarter without any help from us.

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad ....... Laughing

Best wishes,

From a Rabid....... Agent of Satan.

(Well if that what he thinks we are, then I am in the finest of company Comrades, and proud of it)

Kuching.
What is the betting RDS works for MOD or some other similarly disreputable organisation.

Post Rabid Dogs of Jungle War. 
I posted earlier that the ramblings of one Dawson-Savage on the nmbva site should be ignored but as it has generated tremendous support for the fight4thepjm from nmbva members I decide not to ignore his conceited and scurrilous attack upon the F4 group and posted the following on the nmbva site -

It would appear that the arrogant and conceited attempt by Roy Dawson-Savage to bring the fight4thepjm group and the fight to overturn the non-wear decision of the PJM into disrespect has blown straight back in his face and he has been ‘hoist by his own petard’ so to speak.
It is most unfortunate that he has done so through the forum of the nmbva website but the replies to this scurrilous attack have shown that it has been thoroughly condemned by a large number of the members.
Perhaps RDS is a paid-up member of the ‘establishment’ who are now becoming fearful of the success of the fight4thepjm group (and associations like the nmbva) and its members.
The right to wear officially the PJM is supported by too many to list here but suffice to say it is supported by the Royal British Legion and the Royal British Legion (Scotland) and many in our government and elsewhere throughout the world. A number of complaints have been lodged with the Information Commissioner, particularly in respect to the recommendations made to her Majesty the Queen by the HD Committee, and Her Majesty the Queen giving permission for the PJM to be worn temporarily in Malaysia during the 50th Anniversary celebrations last year. These decisions were not made by ‘some public schoolboy making mistakes in Whitehall’ as Dawson-Savage puts it. These restrictions were conspired by the Honours and Decorations Committee who are an unelected, non-parliamentarian group who act in secret and report to no-one except, allegedly Her Majesty the Queen. I use the term ‘allegedly’ because in relation to the PJM there is no Warrant under Royal Sign Manual, and there has been no documentary evidence produced which confirms Her Majesty the Queen changed the non-wear rule for a temporary period, and altered the Royal Warrant publicised in the London Gazette of 3rd. May, 1968, to change it from ‘United Kingdom citizens, not being servants of the Crown’ to ‘United Kingdom citizens never having been servants of the Crown’.
British veterans have all been discriminated against in the Commonwealth as we are the only ones who have not been given permission to wear this honourable medal. We have been unlawfully subjected to non-statutory rules which the establishment changes, ignores, and implements at will, with justice, freedom and democracy being denied us. This decision not to allow the PJM to be officially worn is unfair and a disgrace to the British system.
Finally, in the Ten Minute Rule Bill presented to Parliament on 21st.May, 2008, it was said, ‘There is no excuse for the total unaccountability of the HD Committee and there is no excuse for its behaviour towards our veterans. Its action brings shame on the British nation’. We will continue this fight to ensure that British veterans – men and women who fought, and some died, for their country, justice and freedom – are never treated in this shameless manner ever again by an unaccountable group of civil servants.

Post Poetry 
This is very interesting; a work by someone called RDS. I may be wrong, but I think we know who the author is ! I found it on the NMBVA website in the 'Books' section !!

http://www.nmbva.co.uk/throw_the_bastard_down.htm

Tony

I undestand the meaning of the Dogerall if that is the correct name for it!
What I dont understand is why a supposed Rear Admiral was 1. In the Jungle. 2.Not on the bridge of a RN ship,
3. Was he lost? 4. Was he on secondment!

The mind boggles!!!

Roger
Costa Calida

Post UKELELEMAN 
This has just got to be the same person !!

http://forums.zenfolio.com/members/ukuleleman.aspx

Tony

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1