Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
The Proof of the Pudding ...Their Case is Demolished (again)
Post The Proof of the Pudding ...Their Case is Demolished (again) 
There is considerable activity behind the scenes as we continue our fight for HMG to recognise our right to wear the PJM. This fight has been going on for three years and will continue until the justice of our case is recognised.

Everyone is fed up with the undignified antics of a few civil servants who have brought shame on us and on our country - words and views expressed unanimously in the Commons on our behalf.

Everyone is fed up with the way those administrators have misled Parliament, MPs, the media, the public, you and me ... and this latest development which we are now promulgating proves that what they have been saying to defend their discredited case against the PJM has been deceitful, and engineered to achieve their shameful agenda.

In a couple of weeks' time (Friday, 17th October - make a note in your diary) Don Touhig will stand up in the Commons to introduce the Second Reading of his 10 Minute Bill. This development proves his case – and therefore our case. We have written to Mr Touhig and we thought you would like to read the letter which discusses four vital issues in support of his Bill. I would emphasise that we have Roy Follows' permission to tell his story, and we are indebted to him for allowing us to do so.

At the foot of this page are links to where you can download the text of this letter so that you can use the information in your own letters to your MP – please ask your MP to be on parade on the 17th October. It’s a Friday and MPs normally head for home on that day and so the chamber will be somewhat empty that day, but that in no way detracts from the unanimous support that Mr Touhig has for his Bill seeking to make the HD Committee responsible to Parliament and thus, once and for all, bring an end to conflicting and bizarre contradictory medal recommendations. Here’s the letter …

There you have it. The rules applied to a similar medal - in a quite different way! Rules that have been quoted as being the mainstay of our Honours System. Unbreakable! Long-established! Rubbish ... we have been saying for three years that we have over 40 examples of double medals and those in respect of services more tahn 5 years ago. Roy's PPN, a well earned decoration in addition to his Colonial Police Medal, is a classic example that we shall now add to that list.

Here is the text of the letter for download in Word format: http://www.fight4thepjm.org/Correspondence/Don_Touhig_240908_anon.doc

That is just about the best news I've had for some time. I have never doubted the justice of our case, but I never thought we'd have this sort of evidence to present.

It has made my day.

Kev.

It has made my day.

It has made my day, too.

Sooooo ... HM says YES ... Roy can wear his PPN just like She said those visiting KL last year could wear the PJM for a few days.

Buuuuut ... the suits say NO ... we can't wear the PJM.

Errrrrrrgo ... IF HM is actually asked the question "Can they wear the PJM?", what do you think She would answer???

So toss the suits ... I'll take Her decision a la London Gazette 1968! I now have no doubts whatsoever that we CAN wear our PJM. And we WILL!

QED.

Well done, lads.

If ever anyone had any doubts about the suits despicable attitiude to British ex-servicemen and women, they don't now.

This proves that they have discriminated against PJMers.

Who the hell do they think thet are?

They have caused "grave discourtesy" to The Quuen and to Malaysia.

They have tried to undermined our confidence in our democracy - but they have failed. It's time to bring them to account. I'll be watching Don Touhig on the 17th and I hope you will too.

In their own words The rules apply to all foreign awards that are designed to be worn' (see report by the Cabinet Office, MoD, and FCO headed The Pingat Jasa Malaysia, and why eligible British recipients may exceptionally receive, but not wear, the medal).

This now proves beyond all doubt that the civil servants who have labelled themselves (in the same report) crown and public servants who are required to maintain high standards of fairness, impartiality and integrity, only implement such when it suits them. They are so out of touch with these words that it is becoming apparent that they couldn't even spell them.

Post Game, Set and ????? 
The following letter to my MP is self explanatory. Cracking letter Barry.

Dear Mr Bayley,

Further to our many previous communications on these matters, and your continued support for our case to be officially allowed to wear the PJM medal, I attach a copy of a letter recently sent to Don Touhig, M.P. by Mr Barry Fleming representing Veterans of the Malayan "Emergency" and Malaysian "Confrontation" It perfectly highlights why we continue to fight the hypocrisy and unaccountability of a small band of self serving Civil Servants.

You will be aware that the second reading of Don Touhigs Bill takes place on the 17th of October and that it continues to have all party support.

I hope you may be able to find time to attend the debate despite your busy schedule and give your support to Don Touhig in his efforts to ensure that the HD Committee, currently unelected yet answerable to no one, is rightly brought under the scrutiny of those who who are elected by the People.

Yours sincerely,

John Rushton.

(Name and address supplied)

Last edited by Semengo13 on Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kuching.
Post Re: Game, Set and ????? 
Semengo13 wrote:
Cracking letter Barry.

And a cracking email, John, forwarding this vital evidence to your MP.

I hope other PJMers will follow your example.

Thanks for your untiring and ongoing suport.

Barry

Post It's time to sort them out! 
That's a brilliant letter and in the context of all the evidence now presented, unless the PJM recommendation is reversed the British Honours 'System' will forever be in question. People are looking at this mess created by those suits and are wondering just who is head of state, letalone who is running the country. They also tell me that the PJM saga makes this country look silly and an irrelevance in the 21st century, and an anachronism trying to hold on to it's ostrich-feather festooned colonial bad habits.

I've written to my MP and I hope he will be in the Commons on the 17th but I understand that he is more likely to be in his constituency for his Friday surgery. He does support Don Touhig, though.

Keep at'em!

Sent a letter to my MP Mike Hall on the 26 Sept on the subject.
Recieved his reply this morning:- >>>>

Good man and thanks Mike if you are reading this.

Phredd

Post PJM 
Barry,

All I can say is well done again and hope that it gets through this time. That will be fantastic.

Thanks for all your hard work.

I have just returned from holiday so this news is fantastic, thanks to Roy for allowing this to be published and for Barry to highlight the findings to Don T, tomorrow I will be sending my letter to my MP Sir Michael Lord to support Don's bill on the 17th Oct and hopefully for him to be present in the chamber

Per Ardua

Please find attached, the reply I received from my MP yesterday (17th Oct. )
Thanks
Roy .

Barry.
Thanks
Roy .

Roy,

That is brilliant. Your lobbying of your MP has produced another supporter who is willing to take the time and trouble to lobby for us.

Thank you for your ongoing support,

Barry

PS I shall send you a PM with some info for your MP to discuss with Don Touhig.

PPS There were very good reasons why Don cancelled his 2nd Reading - more news soon!

Follows wrote:
Barry.
Thanks
Roy .

Roy,

That is brilliant. Your lobbying of your MP has produced another supporter who is willing to take the time and trouble to lobby for us.

Thank you for your ongoing support,

Barry

PS I shall send you a PM with some info for your MP to discuss with Don Touhig.

PPS There were very good reasons why Don cancelled his 2nd Reading - more news soon!

Barry and Roy,

Excellent letter from Roy's MP an he calls the non-wearing of the PJM 'bureacratic nonsense'. Andy.

Andy. From the letters of inconsistancy written by the Whitehall Humphrey's ,let's hope with the support of the MPs, who are aware of this , the clowns who have jerked Barry and the PJM team about ,may soon be forced to cave in.
Best whishes.
Roy .

Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next