Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Anomaly: Foreign commemorative medals.
Post Re: Anomaly: Foreign commemorative medals. 
George F wrote:
CC 37 other ministers civil servants and military officers at Whitehall and House of Commons.

Mr Brennan will just love that letter, George. As will the other 37 recipients!

This is the way to do it - Keep At'em. So long as our letters raise relevant points like these of yours, then at some point somebody is going to say about us ... "They are as long on relevant points and knowledge as we are short on integrity of thought and viable excuses to deprive those suckers of their little bit of joy."

Well, we can but hope that truth will one day prevail ...

Why not a challenge. I'd suggest you for this one, but the struggle would be too unequal! So I will challenge to an open debate on the PJM recommendation any member of any Government, or any member of the Shadow Government, or any member of the MoD, or any member of the FO, or any member of any QUANGO (including the discredited HE Committee *). I would prefer that they bring along a few of their colleagues to ensure all's fair and square. But I am happy to debate on my 'jack jones'. I will abide by the vote of the audience to this debate on whether it was right to withhold formal permission for veterans to wear the PJM.

Any takers, Mr Brennan? No ... I didn't think so.

* Was HD but, for me it's now HE because the suggestion is that we didn't spill enough blood or bomb enough people out there to warrant us wearing the PJM! Apparently they have absolutely no comprehension as to how or why we achieved a result in the only successful campaign against terror - ever. Our success resulted directly from our policy of Hearts and Minds - not Napalm and Naff'em. They say our successful campaign was not sufficiently vigorous enough and so the medal should not be worn alongside those commemorating birthdays and jubilees. Well, Prince Harry and Prince Edward, the Earl of Wessex (earl of where, do I hear?) do look a bit shell-shocked under the weight of their wearable awards relating not to service but to family anniversaries. No doubt the 'shrapnel' hit the chandeliers harder than it did our bodies as they downed their champers.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1