Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Radio (Sorry.....Wireless!) interviews
Post Radio (Sorry.....Wireless!) interviews 
http://vsdh.org/test/index.htm

Herewith the url for a couple of radio interviews conducted on Veterans Day (our thanks to John Feltham for his efforts in recording them and providing us with the link.)

The first interview features our own indomitable Paul Alders, who gamely tried to inject as much PJM content into the conversation as possible.....I shall refrain from comment on the interviewer and her knowledge of the topic......members will doubtless formulate their own opinions???

The second interview is with MoD Minister Bob Ainsworth....has no relevance to the PJM Campaign, unfortunately, but may be of interest nonetheless?

Those members not having Broadband connectivity may experience a lengthy download time....

Very well done under extreme 'Jungle Heat' Paul and to JohnF for his time in downloading same

Looking at some of the posts on the F4 today perhaps the message is beginning to get through, well done all ...............

Well done. The seeming lack of knowledge of the interviewer was not necessarily a bad thing, it gave Paul the chance to explain and make his point at the same time; a far better future for this interviewer I would think, than the interviewer of Bob Ainsworth who self importantly lead from the start and rudely interuppted him every time he opened his mouth; a good example of how not to conduct an interview. Poor old Bob Ainsworth, not the brightest star perhaps, indeed having heard him speak before (mostly errrs and erms) I reckon he makes Des Brown seem quite bright. In answer to the questions of conscription, he replied that it was the governments' intention to maintain a well trained, professional force and did not envisage a time when conscription would be neccessary; that has got to be a slap in the face for the many of you who were taken without choice, placed in an unnerving situation, in which many NS lost their lives, and did a very professonal job as well; much appreciated by the Agong and the Malaysian people, if not by the present government.! So much for cherishing our fallen and those who served.

I do sympathise with him however; that interviewer deliberately chose to question the celebration of veterans service and appeared to think that only the fallen should be remembered and continued throught the interview so to do. How revealing was the selfishness of this person (trying to make a name for herself in journalism (nobody likes a smart arse)) in preferring to inflict physical damage on her children (chop a toe off each one) rather than allow them to serve their country as others have done in the past and still do, not withstanding todays change in attitiudes. It doesn't reflect too well on her does it? Perhaps her bosses should take note.

Last edited by GLOman on Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Gloman....the thought occurred to me that that person's children are probably already 'crippled' in a sense by exposure to such a parent.....the woman was well off track...

Having listened to the interviews again, I realise now that the interviewer was the same woman. Mind you, my remarks about her are still relevant. With Paul, she appeared to be a little more 'user friendly' though I can't make up my mind as to whether she was being supportive or patronising; at least Paul was given the opportunity to speak without much interupption, although she displayed a great deal of ignorance between Remembrance for the fallen and Celebration of the service (and successes) given by members of the Armed Forces - Paul put her right, or to quote Bob Ainsworth "He slapped you down" a remark which she accepted.

I believe she still has a far better future, based on the interview with Paul, as opposed to the scatty, self opinionated effort of the intervew with Bob Ainsworth.

The msg at the top of this Subject contains a URL

I have just added the movie of Don Touhig's speach in Parliament.

I have also added a file of only the audio only of that speach.

The movie takes a while to download.

Having listened to the interviews again, I realise now that the interviewer was the same woman. Mind you, my remarks about her are still relevant. With Paul, she appeared to be a little more 'user friendly' though I can't make up my mind as to whether she was being supportive or patronising; at least Paul was given the opportunity to speak without much interupption, although she displayed a great deal of ignorance between Remembrance for the fallen and Celebration of the service (and successes) given by members of the Armed Forces - Paul put her right, or to quote Bob Ainsworth "He slapped you down" a remark which she accepted.

I believe she still has a far better future, based on the interview with Paul, as opposed to the scatty, self opinionated effort of the intervew with Bob Ainsworth.

.....I quickly become bored listening to those who, while jingoistically and patronizingly claiming much respect for veterans, as 'those who fought (and/or died) for our freedom' but are seemingly incapable of recognising that Armistice and similar parades do not represent any glorification of violence or war.....It's great pity that many in the media seem to espouse such views....probably another manifestation of the 'never let the truth get in the way of a good story' syndrome?

The msg at the top of this Subject contains a URL

I have just added the movie of Don Touhig's speach in Parliament.

I have also added a file of only the audio only of that speach.

The movie takes a while to download.

....Thank you John for this one...

Post Slightly Confused 
Following recent radio revelations, it is baffling to most of us that, that the media rely on controvesy to put their own warped sense of perception across. If that were true, then our particular campaign should be right up their street.

I mean, It's got political intrigue, the usual food of media hacks. Having seen, or what is more alarming, not seen what Goverrnment are doing, how can they then justify not following this story to the ultimate conclusion.

How Paul never shoved her microphone where the sun doesn't shine, speaks volumes for his restraint and courtesy, which apparently, was clearly not her forte.

Perhaps it would have been better if she had been reminded of the fact that it was service personnel who faught and died, and those who survived many a bloody battle, that gave her the freedom to spout her pointless diatribe on the radio. Then her education would be complete.

Yours Aye

Arthur

It is the soldier who gave us freedom of speech not the poet!

John

Post Re: Slightly Confused 
Arthur R-S wrote:
Perhaps it would have been better if she had been reminded of the fact that it was service personnel who faught and died, and those who survived many a bloody battle, that gave her the freedom to spout her pointless diatribe on the radio. Then her education would be complete.

Yours Aye

Arthur

Arthur,

She will be totally unaware of the point you make. During her bit with the Armed Forces Minister, the aforesaid woeman clearly took the position of ... I don't care if others and the children of others are slaughtered, are mutilated, and can never forget ... but not my son! "If he gets called up," she said "I would chop his toes off" so he was medaically unfit. And she was serious!

Now that really does put her perspective into, errr, perspective! The selfishness and self-interest of some (but only some) in the media beggars belief.

Sadly Barry, both you and John are right. I of course had the same problem with the memsahib. Eldest grandson wants to join the Royal Engineers, preferably 29 Rgt and complete p company... gawd help him... Joy was adamant that he was not going to join, but stopped short of chopping big toe off. As he is an adult, she cannot stop him. She has now come to terms with the fact that he is joining up. Like our parents and grandparents before us, we will still be worried, but proud as hell that he will continue the service tradition.

Our thoughts still go out those bereaved families for their tragic losses and take a pride in the fact they did their duty for Queen and country, with courage and honour.

We salute them all.

Yours Aye

Arthur

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1