Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
When are Ministers of HMG going to support veterans..
Post Re: When are Ministers of HMG going to support veterans.. 
George F wrote:
Dear Ministers, Shadow Ministers, civil servants and military officers of HMG

George,

Paul Alders has asked me to post this document for him - it's a letter to another Minister ... the PM .. in similar vein to yours!

Letter from Paul to the PM:

http://www.fight4thepjm.org/documents/paul_alders_2_tony_blair_190406.pdf

I have been away and I am trying to catch up.
I have to say you guys have been very busy. I really am impressed with not only the quantity but the quality of the letters sent. The arguments put forward are clear precise and supported by facts. I fail to see how any of the correspondence justifies no response or the usual spin. I thank you all for your efforts.
If we continue to be ignored or put down then maybe the time has come to be a little more demonstrative! Rememberance day is not the time for political statements...but this "Veterans Day" hypocricy may be!

Bob Bryant

Thanks again Barry,I think it was finger trouble at my end.

Bob,I had a great Easter week-end reading all the posts to this forum.Far more enjoyable than sitting in a car in a traffic jam.Can I second you on the standard and content of the letters that have been sent to various interested parties.The guys who spent a lot of their time compiling these letters on our behalf need congratulating.
I am also with you when you say we need to be more demonstrative,If HMG. are not taking any notice of this campaign

Ray

Post Hamish's article 
Hamish
I've just read your submission on TheyWorkForYou, and I've replied. If there was ever an oxymoron, then saying that the politicians "work for you" has got to be the prime example.

Post Veterans Day 
Well people, we are just 6 weeks away from this tremendous occasion, when Veterans will be honoured at events all across the land. According to Gordon Brown's original statement, the sacrifice our Veterans made will be feted and medals will be awarded to them. I asked "what medals" and answer came there none. That's no answer, not no medals.
So where is the fanfare of publicity heralding these local events? I've heard of nothing being organised in my neck of the woods. Have you? The Veterans Agency has a calendar on one of its web pages and it is as bereft of entries as is John Prescott's portfolio of departments or his book of future dates with attractive young female staff members.
How can I cause a rumpus on behalf of our campaign if there's not going to be any events for me to disrupt? Being an ageing hippy with a cause can be so frustrating when they won't play by the rules.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1