Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Publicity material
Post The Don 
I have been in touch with Peter Duckers with regard to sending a copy of his letter to the Don. Here is his reply ::

"Dear Tony,

If you think the letter will help, please use it - with the caveat you suggest though I may have taken more care over phrasing if I had known !!!

Regards,

Peter Duckers

----- Original Message -----

To: shropsrm@zoom.co.uk
Sent: Friday, April 11, 2008 1:59 PM
Subject: Your letter dated 1.4.08

Dear Mr Duckers,

Since I published your letter regarding the PJM on our website, it has been suggested by three members of our Campaign that I contact you and ask your permission to send a copy to the Rt Hon Don Touhig, ex-Veterans Minister. Should you allow this, when forwarding it I will advise Don that the letter represents the writer's personal view and not necessarily that of your Museum.

The Rt Hon Don Touhig has been a staunch supporter, and works tirelessly on our behalf, and I suspect he would use your letter in his quest to encourage the support of even more MP's than he already has

Yours sincerely

Tony Davies"

Bravo Tony....thank you and Mr Duckers for that!.....My personal opinion is that Mr Duckers' phraseology is concise and very much to the point. Of course having been born a Scot, I only have English as a second language so I guess that my opinion is somewhat irrelevant...Or so it has been intimated by MoD, FCO et al...

Regardless, I'm confident that Mr Touhig will be able to use it to maximum advantage.

At least you were born in Gods country, I was born in a military hospital at Shorncliffe but can take heart from the fact that as my father was in the military I am still entitled to play for Scotland (or I would be if I was a. younger and b. good enough).

John

Post Letter for the Don 
Further to my previous posting, and acting on suggestions given by other 'honourable members', I have written the following letter to Mr Touhig. The letter, along with the enclosure, will be posted 1st Class today.

Well done Tony, a nice letter and one which I hope and pray will spark a further debate in itself.

Regards

John

Thank you Tony for your hard work on our behalf.

and for John
jireland wrote:
At least you were born in Gods country, I was born in a military hospital at Shorncliffe.

John

And a very fine seaside hospital it was Smile
Done two stints there after my posting to Brunei.
Last I saw of it, it was a Gipsy (travelers) site.
All the buildings had gone same as those at the St Helena Hosp just up the road.

Phredd

Yes it was St. Helena's Military Hospital were I was hatched in 1947! I was a patient there as a boy soldier in 1964 and when I finally made it to Shorncliffe Det RMP in 1974 it was closed and in the main part, demolished. I loved Shorncliffe and that area of the world. Now we have NO military hospitals in this forlorn country of ours but that is another story!

John
feeling maudlin for times gone by

Yes it was St. Helena's Military Hospital were I was hatched in 1947! I was a patient there as a boy soldier in 1964 and when I finally made it to Shorncliffe Det RMP in 1974 it was closed and in the main part, demolished. I loved Shorncliffe and that area of the world. Now we have NO military hospitals in this forlorn country of ours but that is another story!

John
feeling maudlin for times gone by

I was there 1964 to Dec 65.
You never know you might just have been one of my patients Laughing

Do you remember the two civvy sisters on the ward: Sister Priddy (the small one) and Sister Cummins (the proverbial battle axe)

Phredd ;- like you feelin the same way.

No but I did give my Grenadiers Guards duty plate to one of the QA OR's, she was a lovely little thing. I had Tinea so I was painted quite a lot by many nurses.

John

Post Peter Duckers 
Further to my other communications with this gentleman, he has just sent me the following ::

"Dear Tony :

Re your campaign for the PJM, if I can help with historical precedence matters in this, do let met know.

I don't mind briefing a Minister.....

Reagrds,

Peter Duckers
"

Could be useful !!

Tony

John

Post Response from the Don 
Received the following in the post this morning ::

Good man Tony!.....a well placed barb .....

Michael Ancram has also told me that he will be following it up upon his return.

John

Thanks for that John - sounds as if the Don has started circulating it already.

Tony

Reply to topic Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next