Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 3 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Support the Covenant for our Armed Forces
I worked for a Local Authority for many years and staff were insured at work, which included going to and from work. /quote]

In Australia all workers are covered when traveling to and from work.

Can I suggest that you may like to refer back to page 1 of this Topic?

You will see that there were posts then regarding Armed Forces being on Duty 24/7. As I said then, I have been on an exercise in Germany for 36 hours on the trot in the sixties; and in Borneo,Air Drops and resupply by Helicopters was often interupted by bad weather and delayed for hours and sometimes days, as confirmed by Jock, who is still owed a period of leave!

Perhaps the Mandarins are required to work overtime on occasions without overtime pay but this is included in their contract which of course includes very generous Salaries and bonuses as are Company Directors and Business and 'City' people with whom they are compared though why, only god knows.

How many of us have made arrangemenrts for an evening or week end and have then be called upon for duty as Fire Piquet, Guardroom duty, or Orderly Corporal, Sergeant or Officer without option. There is no argument; the Armed Forces are on duty 24/7 and subject to orders to attend for duty as and when required. Isn't incredible how the pampered Civil Service come out with their own rules and definitions, time after time after time in almost anything and everything that touches our lives.

Last edited by GLOman on Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Civil Servants 
GLOman you are spot on and it is a pity that we are not all alert to the danger the present civil service poses to our country and its people. There are many civil servants (more than our armed forces at the last count apparently) who work hard and do a good job but the organisastion is an absolute shambles and Mandarins must be held to account by our elected Ministers who are supposed to be running our country. Instead, the order of the day is to give them honours galore and end of the year bonuses which would choke a horse.
The HD Committee is a typical example of a covert quango acting outwith the law and the democratic rights of British citizens. They made a huge mistake when they recommended that the PJM should be allowed to be accepted because if they had refused it we would only have been able to complain and may have had a flimsy discrimination case but no, they had to judge themselves immune to the law by making a recommendation that it could not be worn. This was a massive blunder on their part because they cannot legally justify such a command upon British citizens if it has not been passed through our parliament and placed in our statute law. The Queen would then have been able to give it Royal Assent whereas at the moment she has been placed in a position (if in fact she has refused permission to wear the PJM) where she has acted unilaterally against her loyal subjects.
Some day the elected eejits will listen to the people of this country instead of just saying they are listening.

Agreed Andy......and the 'covert quango acting outwith the law' to which you refer, in addition to the huge mistake you have mentioned, made a further error in judgement.....when we as a group initiated our complaint they poo-poo'd it assuming that we were nothing but a bunch of dumb squaddies who would fade away in frustration.....Well, this bunch of dumb squaddies have roughed them up pretty good over the past 2 years....and we're not through with them yet!

....Oh Yes!....anyone got any ideas how I might be able to seek redress for the 3 weeks leave I'm still owed???

Post Re Jock's Outstanding Leave 
Dear Sir,

Further to your request for 3 weeks outstanding leave, the following regulations apply:-

1. All such applications must be made in triplicate on A.F. 999-666. (Please note this form is now discontinued)

2. All such applications must be accompanied by till receipts from the nearest N.A.A.F.I. to your regimental base at the time the leave was allegedly accumilated and under no circumstances may said receipt be older than 3 weeks at the date of application.

3. No application will be considered if you have made an application under the Freedom of Information Act at any time with reference to Her Majesty's Civil Service.

4. Under no circumstances will applications be accepted from members of, or ex members** of the Royal Corps of Signals.
(** N.B. The term "ex" neither confirms or denies the right for Her Majesties Civil Service to consider you as remaining as a "Servant of the Crown" when ever the said Civil Service so decides).

5. It is standard and accepted practice that no application will be considered from any person whatsoever, who fails to accept the integrity, and inherent fairness of those of Her Majesties Civil Service who honour us all by their membership of the Honours and Decoration Committee.

6. All disputes will be refered to the previously mentioned, and august, defenders of the integrity of the Imperial Honours System. All disputees must, at the point of appeal, declare immediately any ownership (or desired ownership) of a foreign honour unless the recipient has never been, seen or previously heard of the country who bestows such decoration.

7. The committees decision on all matters is final at all times. Any objections to such decisions will be subject to a lengthy period of misinformation and terminological inexactitudes and an absolute ban on any further icommunication.

8. If the behaviour of an applicant is not to the liking of Senior Civil servants, they may at their discretion, award themselves a high decoration which may be worn at all times as well as a large financial compensation as recompense for their distress.

Sir Highly Important, G.O.N.G.S. , G.A.L.O.R.E.
Most Senior Civil Servant.

Good luck in your application Jock Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

Last edited by Semengo13 on Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:43 pm; edited 3 times in total

Kuching.
Thanks Semengo....appreciated.....I read it with interest and you my be surprised to learn that I do not think that knowledge of this information diminishes my chances of restitution one iota!

55 73!

Post Jock's Leave 
With such an optomistic and positive outlook Jock, those same Sybil Serpents will be having nightmares tonight.

55 73 AR SK

Kuching.

Your letter ties it up beautifully; it just about covers every sqirm and wriggle our own set of Sir (or nearly) Very Importants have been through, particularly in the writing of Part C of the 2005 rules, which as we know were written to preclude the wearing of the PJM and for no other reason.

A well thought through, civil service style, rejection of an application for compensation in lieu of leave - Great!

David

Just another way of keepng at 'em in anyway we can and perhaps a humerous way to show our utmost contempt for their misuse of their unelected positon and power.

Best wishes,

John

Kuching.
Thanks David.

Just another way of keepng at 'em in anyway we can and perhaps a humerous way to show our utmost contempt for their misuse of their unelected positon and power.

Best wishes,

John

I read in to-days paper that the family of an Iraqi who died in army custody has been awarded £1 million in compensation and another 8 are to receive large payouts from the MOD as their human rights had been abused apparently whilst also in army custody.
The HD Committee have breached the democractic and human rights of 35,000 veterans of the Malaya/Borneo campaigns so if they were to receive compensation for human rights violations, say at a going rate of about 1/4 million each, then this would be about £87 billion. Perhaps the Cabinet Office etc should now start damage limitation exercises because their attitude, obfuscation, and non-statutory rules and long standing principles to preserve the integrity of the honours system etc could be very costly. I am not being too serious about this, but what if?

Now where's that holiday brochure......................... Very Happy

Kuching.
I've got my cheque book out to pay my 'share' of the legal costs!

John

If you signed the Honour the Covenant RBL petition take a pat on the back as today Des Browne The Secretary of State for Defence has listened to us all, well done.............

Dear Supporter

The Secretary of State for Defence has just tabled the Service Personnel Command Paper in Parliament. It contains a sweeping set of reforms.

The Government has committed itself to improving compensation, health care, housing, and education for the Armed Forces and veterans, as well as greater support for families and for Foreign and Commonwealth Service personnel.

One of the most satisfying measures in the Command Paper is the doubling of lump-sum payments for the most seriously injured Service personnel. It will make a real difference to those who most deserve the Nation's gratitude, and help them to lead their lives with greater dignity.

There are, of course, significant areas which we will need to continue campaigning on, and we will also continue to monitor the Government's delivery against the commitments it has made today.

But for now, can I take this opportunity to thank you for all of your support for the campaign. I do not believe that these changes outlined today would have occurred without it.

Yours

Patrick Leavey

Head of Public Affairs
The Royal British Legion

48 Pall Mall
London
SW1Y 5JY

www.britishlegion.org.uk

Reply to topic Page 3 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3